What's new

Pakistan takes deliveries of 3 SAAB-2000 Aircraft

Yep. Plus, not all regional needs are identical. So, SAC will have more AEW&C at hand (KE + Erieye) than Northern and Central. However, Northern is a hot-spot for air skirmishes, while India will also concentrate more assets there, such as S-400 or Patriot (whichever comes). The flexibility the Erieye AEW&C may enjoy today may not exist later on, the PAF might need to push its AEW&C back deeper into Pakistan. Cue the need for Erieye-ER, or trying some other paradigm entirely, like HALE UAVs with AESA radars.
Sir don't forget KE which is getting upgraded in China. According to @Dazzler upgraded KE will have 40% more range then the current version which makes in 630 km.

Yep. Plus, not all regional needs are identical. So, SAC will have more AEW&C at hand (KE + Erieye) than Northern and Central. However, Northern is a hot-spot for air skirmishes, while India will also concentrate more assets there, such as S-400 or Patriot (whichever comes). The flexibility the Erieye AEW&C may enjoy today may not exist later on, the PAF might need to push its AEW&C back deeper into Pakistan. Cue the need for Erieye-ER, or trying some other paradigm entirely, like HALE UAVs with AESA radars.

In my opinion the real battle ground is centre-south sector (Fazilka to Barmer) - the northern sector is already a strong point. The biggest threat are not S400 SAM Systems (its in essence a defensive weapon) the real threat are these
  • 861 Regiment (BrahMos Block I, deployed in north Rajasthan area) 6 x Batteries, 24 x MAL(Tatra 816), 72 x Brahmos GLCM, 1 x Mobile Command Post, 1 x Repair/Maintaince Shop, 2 x Supply/Ammunition Dump (Any time 57 x Brahmos GLCM are operational)
  • 862 Regiment (BrahMos Block II, deployed in south Rajasthan area) 4 x Batteries, 12 x MAL(Tata 816), 36 x Brahmos GLCM, 1 x Mobile command post, 1 x Repair/Maintenance Shop, 2 x Supply/ammunition dump (Any time 27 x Brahmos GLCM are operational)
There is a reason that new AEW sqn is raised in south and we are testing/inducting Raad II ALCM, testing Ghaznavi SRBM recently.

The suppose the more interesting question is, which AWACS are they looking to acquire?

@TheTallGuy

After this COVID19...and 8 Billion $ package (Allah have mercy on Pakistan) I dont think we will be in market for 2-3 years..minimum...the AEW & C that we have gotten is 2017 Order. These are fully paid. We will not get any thing new! ER (GaN based) it was linked with possible Block 72 purchase since that train has left so is ERIEYE ER as well.

What i get impression from PAF is they are more then well equipped to tackle Indian Armed Forces Now and upto 2-3 years...so that is why Austerity measures will not hurt PAF operationally or it will not hurt its power projection to the enemy...we are way ahead!

In my opinion the real battle ground is centre-south sector (Fazilka to Barmer) - the northern sector is already a strong point. The biggest threat are not S400 SAM Systems (its in essence a defensive weapon) the real threat are these
  • 861 Regiment (BrahMos Block I, deployed in north Rajasthan area) 6 x Batteries, 24 x MAL(Tatra 816), 72 x Brahmos GLCM, 1 x Mobile Command Post, 1 x Repair/Maintaince Shop, 2 x Supply/Ammunition Dump (Any time 57 x Brahmos GLCM are operational)
  • 862 Regiment (BrahMos Block II, deployed in south Rajasthan area) 4 x Batteries, 12 x MAL(Tata 816), 36 x Brahmos GLCM, 1 x Mobile command post, 1 x Repair/Maintenance Shop, 2 x Supply/ammunition dump (Any time 27 x Brahmos GLCM are operational)
There is a reason that new AEW sqn is raised in south and we are testing/inducting Raad II ALCM, testing Ghaznavi SRBM recently.

After this COVID19...and 8 Billion $ package (Allah have mercy on Pakistan) I dont think we will be in market for 2-3 years..minimum...the AEW & C that we have gotten is 2017 Order. These are fully paid. We will not get any thing new! ER (GaN based) it was linked with possible Block 72 purchase since that train has left so is ERIEYE ER as well.

What i get impression from PAF is they are more then well equipped to tackle Indian Armed Forces Now and upto 2-3 years...so that is why Austerity measures will not hurt PAF operationally or it will not hurt its power projection to the enemy...we are way ahead!
I agree. The PAF and PN are doing the wise thing. They've figured it out that any war with India will be a short one before 'things go nuclear.' So they're using the calm in defence spending to invest in local works, be it FGFA or the Jinnah-class frigate. Once orders for both can go out (post-2030), it means you're going to spend lots of money in the local economy as well. The Army likely understands its limitations too, but it hasn't 100% bought into this line of thinking (likely to the fact that it benefits from many options available today, it's not seeing the point).

Sir don't forget KE which is getting upgraded in China. According to @Dazzler upgraded KE will have 40% more range then the current version which makes in 630 km.

ZDK-03A.jpg

I think you're referring to the GlobalEye, the very one that is only operated by the UAEAF.

Yeah, there is no chance in hell will we ever be able to afford those on our tight budget.

There is the poor-man's GlobalEye - the Embraer R-99 which cost around USD $80 Million. But..., I believe India is operating a variant of it as well.

Embraer R-99
Brazilian_Air_Force_Embraer_R-99_Inflight.jpg
er version is in the reach

Very good AWA &C. It would increase Pakistan's surveillance capability a lot. Pakistan ahead of India in this area in Numbers.

https://www.mwrf.com/materials/article/21846823/whats-the-difference-between-gan-and-gaas

This article should answer some questions regarding difference between our GaA based Erieye and GaN based Erieye-ER systems. It is a bit technical but should help those who wish to know difference between both of them. There is also a matter of substrate beinf used to build these radars. If currently Si based substrates are being used then SiC can yield better performance for radars by increasing the range as well as reducing energy requirement as heat dissipates on SiC much better than Si substrates.

1 in air(FMC), 1 on tarmac(FMC), 1 in routine maintenance(PMC) per sector North/Center/South East/Maritime probabaly 12 to 14 (including attrition)

4 for a 24/7 patrol. Numerous reasons. 1 needs to be taking off when another is coming off patrol. 1 extra on tarmac in case 1 taking off gets malfunction, 1 in maintence as you say. This does not even cover off overhaul and training needs, so ideally you need 5. Keeping a single plane constantly in the air is a very expensive process.

Ideally 9 Erieyes will enable PAF to do this for 2 sectors. Leaving you 4 planes per sector plus 1 plane always on overhaul. This also assumes the training is done by non Erieye standard Saabs the PAF purchased (I think they have 2). So total fleet is 9+2 to keep 2 constanty airborne

exactly money talks
india is buying 40 billion dollars of weapon from usa, we cant even match 1/10th of that

so USA will not risk 40 billion for 4 b $ how difficult is that to understand

India's purchases do not add to $40 billion - more like $10-20 billion which is still lot more than pakistan

4 billion is billion by any account. Ask Lockheed and they will tell you. US is one of the very few countries that has, historically, sold to both sides during standoff, world wide. Israel, KSA, Jordan, Egypt, Turkey... the list is long.

The are and will remain excellent deal makers and the cutting edge of their research and product quality helps in keeping them in this position.

Russia is cash strapped so gets easily black mailed. China has not yet entered that arena as yet.

Btw Israeli's also tend to sell stuff to both sides albeit quietly.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom