What's new

Pakistan takes deliveries of 3 SAAB-2000 Aircraft

The Saab Erieye Extended Range (ER) S-band active electronically scanned array (AESA) multi-mode radar that is housed in the same external dorsal ‘plank’ as the company’s original Erieye system. Equipped as it is with Gallium Nitride (GaN) and other technologies, the Erieye ER is an active electronically scanned array (ASEA) system that doubles the radar’s power efficiency compared with previous Erieye iterations. It has a range of more than 650 km which can be dramatically extended by focusing the radar’s energy.

The radar is designed to collect target data in a large air volume and across a vast surface area, in heavy clutter and jamming environments.

Saab said the Erieye ER is resistant to jamming and features all-weather functionality in all domains (air, sea, and land surveillance), and an “extremely high” tracking update rate against targets of interest.

@The Eagle @waz @Tps43 @HRK @CHACHA"G" @Hammad ur Rehman @war&peace @Taimur Khurram @Taha Samad @Dazzler @Gillani88 @aliyusuf @balixd @PakSword @SSGcommandoPAK @aziqbal @HRK @khanasifm @TsAr @aliyusuf @mingle
Great :)

Apparently it can also track speed boats in rivers too

Erieye is a very advanced system

No wonder PAF wants more

Pakistan is using the same SAR on its ATR-72 MPAs, so makes absolute sense to integrate it with ERIEYE's for a composite swing role solution. This is quite some work. =)
It would be interesting if the PAF makes a move for Erieye ERs, especially through a new platform (e.g., Bombardier Global 6000, DHC Q400, etc). If they put aside off-the-shelf fighters, then adding more AEW&C (as well as EW/ECM and other ISR assets) is a lot more doable, maybe even advisable.

It would be interesting if the PAF makes a move for Erieye ERs, especially through a new platform (e.g., Bombardier Global 6000, DHC Q400, etc). If they put aside off-the-shelf fighters, then adding more AEW&C (as well as EW/ECM and other ISR assets) is a lot more doable, maybe even advisable.
Saab-2000 has the lowest per hour operating cost of about 700 USD.

I doubt PAF would invest into a ERIEYE-ER, for now. Their current ERIEYE capability already gives them hundreds of miles of range, they need stand-off EW first. Just my guess but we'd see that capability first. But a swing-role platform should be interesting, should they opt for it.

I doubt PAF would invest into a ERIEYE-ER, for now. Their current ERIEYE capability already gives them hundreds of miles of range, they need stand-off EW first. Just my guess but we'd see that capability first. But a swing-role platform should be interesting, should they opt for it.
The PAF also absorbed the support costs of the Erieye, so each follow-on unit costs around $90-100 m per aircraft (as per the MoDP report on the 6th Erieye AEW&C). So, that's a decent cost for such a system, it just depends on whether Saab continues manufacturing those systems (and for how long).

The PAF also absorbed the support costs of the Erieye, so each follow-on unit costs around $90-100 m per aircraft (as per the MoDP report on the 6th Erieye AEW&C). So, that's a decent cost for such a system, it just depends on whether Saab continues manufacturing those systems (and for how long).

Per Info available at aircraft for sales sites, saab2000 today’s prices is between 12-15 million dollar , add modification and radar plus equipment on top of it

A new squadron is to be raised at Bholari AFB with SAAB 2000's. Keeping Indians on their feet on Rajasthan borders too.

The squadron will also lend support to squadrons based in Jaccoabad.
So what's the role of Karakorum Eagles?
Don't see them anywhere.

If PAF goes for ERIEYE ER with Bombardier Global 6000 then it opens up the possibility of Turkish Hava SOJ as well(to either replace the Falcon DA20 whenever that becomes necessary or to add more EW capability in addition to those). Having one platform(Bombardier Global 6000) for both would be cost effective.

However I don't think PAF would go for that anytime soon...I think the focus would be on other things where the capability needs to be boosted.

If PAF goes for ERIEYE ER with Bombardier Global 6000...
I think you're referring to the GlobalEye, the very one that is only operated by the UAEAF.

Yeah, there is no chance in hell will we ever be able to afford those on our tight budget.

There is the poor-man's GlobalEye - the Embraer R-99 which cost around USD $80 Million. But..., I believe India is operating a variant of it as well.

Embraer R-99
Brazilian_Air_Force_Embraer_R-99_Inflight.jpg

If PAF goes for ERIEYE ER with Bombardier Global 6000 then it opens up the possibility of Turkish Hava SOJ as well(to either replace the Falcon DA20 whenever that becomes necessary or to add more EW capability in addition to those). Having one platform(Bombardier Global 6000) for both would be cost effective.

However I don't think PAF would go for that anytime soon...I think the focus would be on other things where the capability needs to be boosted.
10 AWACS are a very potent fleet. And they are very new assets. So I dont think we will see any new AWACS. Moreover we also have to upgrade ZDK-03s.

What is difference between Erieye, Erieye-ER and Global Eye??

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom