What's new

Pakistan successfully tests Hatf (Vengeance) III - Ghaznavi SRBM.

You are entitled to your opinion, but I think it would be stupid of me to go after a pesky target 3000 miles away when I can inflict a fatal paralyzing blow just a few hundred KM away. You see I have a different approach, I don't attack the attacking limb, I destroy the organ that controls the limbs.
Well,the parts of India at the south of India holds some of the very critical and strategic establishments,and therefore aren't mere "pesky targets".Some of them Lieing in Kerala are BrahMos Aerospace,Vikram Sarabhai Space Centre,Thumba Equatorial Rocket Launching Station,Ezhimala Naval Acadamy,Cochin Shipyard are a few to name. Not to mention,further down south,we have the Andaman Nicobar islands and Lakshadeep Islands.

If the existing Pakistani Arsenal is already in the air heading for its Targets.. the Agni Vs will be pretty pointless in their response.
Regardless, India does not need Agni V's to target the whole of Pakistan.. basic Agni-1s and Prithvis. will do just fine.

For any counter force planning one simply cannot disregard north east, extreme south, and A&N. Reminds me how they decided not to extend maginot line completely upto north because it was "unnecessary"...

For any counter force planning one simply cannot disregard north east, extreme south, and A&N. Reminds me how they decided not to extend maginot line completely upto north because it was "unnecessary"...

In this case , the counterforce does not have the targeting need for the area. The last place that Pakistan would want to hit as a target would be Calcutta which is covered.
Additionally, a 3500 km range adds another dimension to the problem which is "potential" targets in the west getting nervous.
estimated-ranges-of-current-and-potential-pakistani-ballistic-missiles.jpg

In this case , the counterforce does not have the targeting need for the area. The last place that Pakistan would want to hit as a target would be Calcutta which is covered.
Additionally, a 3500 km range adds another dimension to the problem which is "potential" targets in the west getting nervous.
estimated-ranges-of-current-and-potential-pakistani-ballistic-missiles.jpg

The only problem seems to be the potential target to the west which comes in range at ~2800 km which our planners seem to be avoiding, for now at least. Otherwise, it would be highly desirable to be able to target whole of Indian territory from a location hidden somewhere in Chaghi.

The only problem seems to be the potential target to the west which comes in range at ~2800 km which our planners seem to be avoiding, for now at least. Otherwise, it would be highly desirable to be able to target whole of Indian territory from a location hidden somewhere in Chaghi.

Why Chaghi. Weapons and Delivery systems dot the entire gridlines of Pakistan. So essentially, getting them all by first strike is near impossible. When they do go off, they will fly from all over Pakistan.. be it Chaghai.. somewhere near Ormara, near Bahawalpur, off the national Highway between Karachi and Hyderabad..etc

Why Chaghi. Weapons and Delivery systems dot the entire gridlines of Pakistan. So essentially, getting them all by first strike is near impossible. When they do go off, they will fly from all over Pakistan.. be it Chaghai.. somewhere near Ormara, near Bahawalpur, off the national Highway between Karachi and Hyderabad..etc

I did not really mean Chaghi but a point far inside.

plz answer if it not a naive question .... :unsure:
Don't you people think repeated test of short-range missiles like Nasar & Ghaznavi is a glimpse of Pakistan's 'operational War doctrine' which gives the impression of Pakistan's 'intention to keep war theater limited' (geographically) & in fact Pakistan has 'increased its Nuclear threshold' by adopting the 'strategy to respond in the limited area (only in the war theater)' which 'may increase the strategic risk' as the other side have a clear doctrine to respond by 'any mean & any place of her choice' ...... ???
Precisely, but doing all this have decreased the nuclear threshold rather than increasing it.
Mr we haven't tested lot of things because of pressure from other governments and ICBM will raise eyebrose and we are waiting for the right moment Sir and work on these missiles are going and close to be completed and soon you would see tests too I know flight testing takes long but soon you will see initial tests INSHALLAH
Good luck with the high hopes. :wave:

@The Deterrent

Hey man, in 2005, there were news of Pakistan working on MIRV on its missiles.

How much progress has been made in this regard?

Any idea?

Ballistic missiles equipped with MIRVs are *real* deal...since they are almost unstoppable

Where does Pakistan missile capabilities stand in this area?.

Whatever be the environmental costs, those huge explosions are awesome to watch. Pity, no more above the ground testing.

Considering that all nuclear weapons combined would be around 10-20 gigaton, I am sure a 50 gigaton explosion would not be a very pretty sight:)

Considering that all nuclear weapons combined would be around 10-20 gigaton, I am sure a 50 gigaton explosion would not be a very pretty sight:)
I am happy with small things. Tsar bomba would do for me :ashamed:

Back
Top Bottom