What's new

Pakistan successfully tests Hatf (Vengeance) III - Ghaznavi SRBM.

I wasn't talking about the destruction and implications of use of nukes by either of the countries,and I am well aware of the consequences of use of nukes. My point is that,we can target and point in Pakistan from southern parts of India,and these parts are well outside the range of your missiles. That definitely calls for longer range Pak missiles,which I am sure are under development.

To hit that part of India Pak can use sub launched CMs with conventional or nuclear warheads in future, now there is no need to build a missile which can hit target at long range but cant handle future obstetrical like BMD, therefore Pakistan should acquire capability to overcome any future defense which India can field to protect its self from our missiles, current range of missiles are sufficient to meet goals for now, as Shaheen-II can hit upto 2500kms with less weight warhead.

The question I had in my mind since long is, why Pakistan is not working on BMD and using one of their BM as model and modifying it like Indian PDV / PAD, Pakistan can do it with help from China and it will be a game changer system.

To hit that part of India Pak can use sub launched CMs with conventional or nuclear warheads in future,
In any concievable Indo-Pak conflict we won't have enough submarines to spare for that kind of adventure

why Pakistan is not working on BMD
BMD is expensive and relatively ineffective , while it's countermeasures are far easier to develop.

In any concievable Indo-Pak conflict we won't have enough submarines to spare for that kind of adventure

PN will go for that kind of adventure in future that is one reason they are buying 6 Chinese subs as they can put anything they want on them, even if Pak had money to buy U-214s still they would have purchased at least 3 Chinese subs designed & build as per PNs needs.

Because PN can't afford a nuclear sub now and they may be in process to build one but slowly due to economic condition, so they have to find a way to handle threats and Chinese way is most economical and effective too.

BMD is expensive and relatively ineffective , while it's countermeasures are far easier to develop.

As you can see, India is leveraging its Prithvi for its BDM. This make AAD/PAD/PDV BDM not such an expensive proposition(ofcourse ignoring the LTTR etc.).
The countermeasures on the other hand usually means more number of missiles on your part. I feel that it makes it more expensive for Pakistan to have the same "bang for the buck" than be more expensive for India.

@Oscar , @The Deterrent , @Windjammer & @Secur .... a serious question

Don't you people think repeated test of short-range missiles like Nasar & Ghaznavi is a glimpse of Pakistan's 'operational War doctrine' which gives the impression of Pakistan's 'intention to keep war theater limited' (geographically) & in fact Pakistan has 'increased its Nuclear threshold' by adopting the 'strategy to respond in the limited area (only in the war theater)' which 'may increase the strategic risk' as the other side have a clear doctrine to respond by 'any mean & any place of her choice' ...... ???

I will make it brief at the moment . Au Contraire , actually . The continuity of training launches of short range missiles hints at lowered thresholds . Which means that Pakistan doesn't intend to keep the war limited at all , in accordance with its vague doctrine - option enhancing in nature . I believe that this was confirmed a long time ago with the testing of Nasr . Nothing whatsoever appears to have been change in that regard .

Back
Top Bottom