What's new

Pakistan successfully tests Babur 2 Cruise Missile.

Because no one else will build you a VLS container that you need at the costs you want.

Bhai one Stupid question .. Babur is been launched from Container launchers, 3 and 4 tube Launchers , so is there any way that we can make them fit in Ships ? sorry for the stupid Question :P

Bhai one Stupid question .. Babur is been launched from Container launchers, 3 and 4 tube Launchers , so is there any way that we can make them fit in Ships ? sorry for the stupid Question :P
Ships arent made of lego. So we need to have actual space available on ships to fit them. The current F-22Ps in theory can carry a Babur launcher where the Helipad is but then that location is lost to a helicopter.

That's the declared range but actual range can differ and above sea it is slightly different and it is customary to specify in nautical miles which implies. Turbine engine technology is one area that needs a lot of R&D once Pakistan is able to develop more powerful engine, the range will be increased.

Pretty sure we don't make turbojet engines. They import it from other countries

Ships arent made of lego. So we need to have actual space available on ships to fit them. The current F-22Ps in theory can carry a Babur launcher where the Helipad is but then that location is lost to a helicopter.

So the VLS systems are somewhat similar to the Launchers we see used for launching Baburs right .. and i agree that from the looks of F-22P's i doubt the VLS can be fitted in front and back side is reserved for Heli pad ..but in Milgem class there is space for a VLS i think a Turkish member posted a Layout .. PN can look for it unless the Cash is the issue

Hmm, so range is same.
This must be Super Sonic version then.

Hope the sea version is Submarine fire tested.
They can be launched from land and air, no mention of sea launch..yet..

Last edited:
Every time I see the red and white colour scheme, it reminds me of:

L2TNMGs.jpg

Congrats to all.
Sea targets is worth noticing....8-)

I am sure its being noticed alright :enjoy:. In addition to the "sea targets", the main component of that is the Digital Area matching system, aka, Satellite pictures of sea assets fed into this system, and it can hunt it down in the ocean on its own like 430 miles out (700 KMs). Even if the GPS system was taken out. This range covers the entire EEZ of Pakistan and on the otherwise, all the way to the Indian ports. So this can directly be sent to Indian ports to take out any Indian naval units, way before they can even enter the Pakistani waters. This is pretty big news for Pakistan in terms of strategic threat perception and neutralization.

That's pretty advance and makes this system on par with a few most advanced systems in the world.

Wouldn't that be Ra'ad ACLM?
No, they were talking about the Babur..sea launch is almost a certainty in the near future..

That does suggest two different front ends, with a common 'rear end', much like Tomahawk
Tomahawk-Variants-S.jpg

Rather than a dual mission (land/sea) front end.
agm-109hl.jpg

GLCM-Drawing-S.jpg
That is why they call it Babur 2...it has both configurations now, antiship and land attack..

Last edited:
Can any one tell How big VLS system is need in ships to fit this missile on them ? I am asking because many say the VLS systems which often carry Air Defence Missiles can't carry cruise missiles. So How much bigger VLS is needed to fit this Babur ?

Quite frankly, the second strike capability is essentially of deterrent value anyway. As long as the ability exists to even get a single 100kt nuke on a target. It serves its purpose.

To quote an old propaganda movie on US SAC; SAC exists to ensure peace, its greatest focus to make sure war never breaks out in the first place.

Do Pakistan have warheads that go into territory of 100kt, 200kt etc etc?

Offcourse you wouldn't know but what's your hinge? I thought we can't produce more than 20kt because indians said so :mad:

How can a cruise missile hit target without GPS(or similar system) help especially at sea?

Pakistan can also use this missile technology for space programs. It will be a very good value add and create more jobs for your scientists and space research area.

Do Pakistan have warheads that go into territory of 100kt, 200kt etc etc?

Offcourse you wouldn't know but what's your hinge? I thought we can't produce more than 20kt because indians said so :mad:
Pakistan has warheads geared to effectively create large scale damage on any Indian target.
These warheads have no insecurity issues with what Indians say about them.

Back
Top Bottom