What's new

Pakistan successfully tests Babur 1 A Cruise Missile : DG ISPR

So why do we have a 1A? It's land based and has a smaller range than the original?

Is it cost? Maybe it's cheaper to have shorter range missiles, especially if the bulk of what you want to hit won't be that far away?

it is smaller so more can be loaded onto a mobile launcher?

@Zarvan @PanzerKiel @Windjammer @Bratva
Also why do they still record these videos with a nokia camera phone from 2005?

It's the age of Electronic Warfare. So that means either ECCM, better accuracy, better stealth capabilities, or a bigger warhead.

On a side note, a couple of years ago, the ISI gained quite a lot of info on Brahmos's seeker. Maybe we learnt a thing or two from Russian engineering.

Yes, seems like intentionally downplaying twitter but still it's a powerful medium. Asif Ghafoor used to engage people even from his personal account. That was a bit unnecessary but still, they should continue to use Twitter for giving these kinds of updates.

On a side note, I still remember a twitter notification when he shared the news PAF engaging targets across LoC and shooting down two Indian Jets.

Asif Ghafoor is the best troll.

To clarify a few things here. Range was not Misreported.
There could be two reasons for the reduced range, either it is the Naval variant that was previously launched from submarines, being tested for land usage. As that has 450KM range (the Babur with 750KM range remains as well). Or it was one of the older Baburs that had a 450-500KM range which was later increased to 700 and then 750, as HRK said. Either way, it is a successful launch, emphasis on the naval targeting. No matter the range of this one, we know it can hit targets accurately upto 750KM.

Secondly; The video quality is bad on purpose, you do not want high quality video to give away locations or smaller details that the military doesn’t want to be public. It is a smart move rather. There are high quality versions Too. I’ve seen some for older tests, they are not made public.

The logo is of the Brigade the missile is operational with. The usual Blue and Red to signify artillery. If I’m wrong maybe one of the serving members can correct me.
The range has probably been wrongly reported. Babur-1A's last test mentioned a 750km range. The Babur-3 SLCM has a range of 450km.

Also, can anyone identify the logo in the picture below?

View attachment 715385

This was simply one of the earlier versions of Babur used for TRAINING purposes. Obviously the Army is not going to use the latest ones for training and waste it.

I was hoping to see indians saying 'phake mijile tesht' disappointed.

No target hitting footage ?

If the missile had a demo warhead that would have meant "no fire ball and blast at impact". And hence Indian experts would go nuts to prove how unworthy this missile is.. if we use warhead and show the impact it give major details of the type , quality and power of warhead.. this gives too much information. Pakistan is shy of providing anything , infact what Pakistan do is that it prevent the flow of data which means the enemy do not have enough data to simulate something or make any accurate analysis.

But as is visible from the uniforms and color scheme, the missile was operationalized. This means the missile had a warhead and hence blast at impact. So the reason of cutting down the clip there was to prevent knowledge of warhead.
It's the age of Electronic Warfare. So that means either ECCM, better accuracy, better stealth capabilities, or a bigger warhead.

On a side note, a couple of years ago, the ISI gained quite a lot of info on Brahmos's seeker. Maybe we learnt a thing or two from Russian engineering.

Asif Ghafoor is the best troll.

About the last tweet, any swapping happened that day ?

I watched the video..looks great . what type of payload does it carry. can it carry small nuclear warhead...

Hey how many of these babur cruise missile do we have ?

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom