What's new

Pakistan Successfully Testfires Cruise Missiles

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that pic is an archived pic and not of today's test. :-/

Thats really a great news:flag:
hope to see the specs of this baby :pdf1:

I don't think so. First two tests were conducted above land.

Actually; Sri might have a point, "File" is written on the Picture. You dont write that on a current picture.It might be an American Tomahawk which is similar looking to babur;**** Journalist for the want of a new picture must have kept it, I am sure knowing the South Asian Defence Journalist Reputation; it is no suprise. But you never know; This is just a possbility;

Actually; Sri might have a point, "File" is written on the Picture. You dont write that on a current picture.It might be an American Tomahawk which is similar looking to babur;**** Journalist for the want of a new picture must have kept it, I am sure knowing the South Asian Defence Journalist Reputation; it is no suprise. But you never know; This is just a possbility;

You have a valid point there. Guess we'll have to wait till more info is released.
If its a naval version I expect to read a lot in the media.

CNN, BBC and Al Jazeera showed a red colour CM being launched from land, what looked like a test launcher.

700Km is a whopping double the range of brahmos.

The range is supposedly 1000KM but decreased to 750KM due to reporting purposes.

MAN THIS IS GOOD NEWS MARCH 2007 HAS BEEN A VERY BLESSED MONTH MASHA'ALLAH FOR PAKISTAN DEFENSE:army: :flag:

PAKISTAN ZINDABAD!

It doesnt look Underwater launched cuz of it trajectory, it is either ship launched, or launched from Shore based Site into Sea Test range.
Exactly, Look at the video,
Its not a 45degree launch is it, while the babur seems so,
:disagree:

Well Adux it looks like i was right at reading the picture. The picture definitely showed an underwater launch, but thanks to “Rana” now we know its a tomahawk launched from N submarine USS La Jolla. ;)
http://science.howstuffworks.com/cruise-missile1.htm

Its hard to tell the difference as even the color of both missiles is almost the same. :lol:

Pakistan is sometime away from being able to develop a Submarine launched CM. Before the system is operationalized, all of the focus would be on the land based version.

I would really like for them to concentrate on submarine launch cause india does now have a second strike capability that we dont. If we some how accomplish this we can also have second strike capability

Pakistan is sometime away from being able to develop a Submarine launched CM. Before the system is operationalized, all of the focus would be on the land based version.

Do you think that the range of this missle could possibly be at 1000KM? :angel:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom