What's new

Pakistan Succesful Test Fired Hatf-VIII Ra'ad ALCM

You can only use ins
And raad will only rely on that
Tercom is only for land based targets

Again you are missing the point
The fighters have to come closer to fire the missiles which India won't allow to do
Let's say Pak fires a raad from 100km(considering it survives the migs and Barak) at mach 0.8 (~270m/s)
that means it will take around 360 seconds to hit the ac and 6 minutes is good enough to maneuver the ac
But the ac will be equipped with modern CIWS which takes around 5 to 10 seconds to neutralize those missiles
+the ac's EW system can fry the electronics of the incoming threat
That's the best case scenario for Pakistan still I don't see the possibility of it killing the AC

And it's not like you fire one missile and kill the ac
AC now a days can take multiple hits
You can render them useless though with multiple hits

It will also use radar too and it will be part of NCW environment so guidance is not a big issue, and your Mig-29Ks will have to run for their money to save your CBG as there is no air defense missile in IN which can hit more then 180 to 220 kms (safe distance to launch AShM) and PAF will be in luxury to launch Ra'ad from 280 km away and CM-400AKG from 200 km away while they will be able to protect them too and IN will have to relie on Mig-29Ks as they will be very far from Indian coast. Also remember that IN will keep distance from Pakistani coast as PN's coastal defense batteries can hit very long at sea backed by FACs. PN may not be able to go on offensive on Indian assets at coasts but they can defend their sea lines and coast line.

you are just a fan boy who don't even understand how sea control and sea denial works, its useless to talk to these kind of people.
If I go to some core technical details, you will get yourself in jungle of confusions..

You are talking about Raad, and it's antiship adventures.

If it is tough to detect a sea skimming missile due to radar clutter, then it is also difficult for a cruise missile to detect its target, that too in motion.

More over, it is easy for a ship to detect a missile due to it's more sophisticated radar which can perform doppler processing and moving target indication, balancing signal to clutter ratio. Where as Cruise missile seeker has limited application.

If I go to some core technical details, you will get yourself in jungle of confusions..

You are talking about Raad, and it's antiship adventures.

If it is tough to detect a sea skimming missile due to radar clutter, then it is also difficult for a cruise missile to detect its target, that too in motion.

More over, it is easy for a ship to detect a missile due to it's more sophisticated radar which can perform doppler processing and moving target indication, balancing signal to clutter ratio. Where as Cruise missile seeker has limited application.

Get your facts right all top AShM are Sea Skimming missiles and fall in cruise missile category google about Tomahawk anti ship version it may increase you knowledge.

Also there are UAVs available in market which are there to provide targeting data, Scan Eagle etc.

Actually that is something being worked upon for both Ra'ad & Babur. That is why the Press Release keeps saying "strategic standoff capability at both land and sea".

No that long-range (i.e. PN does not possess any dedicated tracking ships), however PN uses a part of its existing surface fleet for ballistic missile tracking & telemetry over the Indian Ocean (NOT the subcontinent).

That is quite misleading, its not a mud-house but a distant hill, and there is no way that arrow depicts altitude.

It took 7-8 years to build a cruise missile from scratch. It took 3-4 years to build ALCM. and Shaheen 2 took 5 years.

But it's more than 10 years and upgradation of capabilities still remain stuck in " Development hell - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia "

Get your facts right all top AShM are Sea Skimming missiles and fall in cruise missile category google about Tomahawk anti ship version it may increase you knowledge.

Also there are UAVs available in market which are there to provide targeting data, Scan Eagle etc.

But you don't have Tom hawk. And Tom hawk is not successful against any moving target, unless there is a dedicated military satellite/ or ground intelligence to update its data per micro seconds. At sea, the scenario becomes worst.

And you will launch a UAV which will fly near Indian CBG like freely? Come on, be realistic.

That is quite misleading, its not a mud-house but a distant hill, and there is no way that arrow depicts altitude.

OK sir jee aap ki maan laytey hai ....

BTW I am curious how do they mark missiles like whats the methodology related to the serial number of missile??

image_resize.aspx

as the missile in the above photo is marked '208' & by this I am in no way suggesting that its the 208th missile of batch/ inventory
02-02-2015 (serial number 208).JPG

Last edited:
No that long-range (i.e. PN does not possess any dedicated tracking ships), however PN uses a part of its existing surface fleet for ballistic missile tracking & telemetry over the Indian Ocean (NOT the subcontinent).
Any under development, for testing long range missiles, well one day Pakistan would need it to launch satellites.

It will also use radar too and it will be part of NCW environment so guidance is not a big issue, and your Mig-29Ks will have to run for their money to save your CBG as there is no air defense missile in IN which can hit more then 180 to 220 kms (safe distance to launch AShM) and PAF will be in luxury to launch Ra'ad from 280 km away and CM-400AKG from 200 km away while they will be able to protect them too and IN will have to relie on Mig-29Ks as they will be very far from Indian coast. Also remember that IN will keep distance from Pakistani coast as PN's coastal defense batteries can hit very long at sea backed by FACs. PN may not be able to go on offensive on Indian assets at coasts but they can defend their sea lines and coast line.
o_O
The EL/M-2248 MF-STAR onboard the kolkata class destroyer has a range of 350km
the long range radars of vikramaditya has 500km surveillance range

The Close in weapons system can kill the missiles at 1500m range in 5.5 sec
The Barak can kill the fighters
the AC's can fry the electronics within its surveillance range
Kamov Ka31 can kill the subs

What are you talking about???

It took 7-8 years to build a cruise missile from scratch. It took 3-4 years to build ALCM. and Shaheen 2 took 5 years.

But it's more than 10 years and upgradation of capabilities still remain stuck in " Development hell - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia "
What I'm referring to is a major upgrade, something like a second version in the series. The basic Ra'ad (350 km) & Babur (~500km) are already in production.

OK sir jee aap ki maan laytey hai ....

BTW I am curious how do they mark missiles like whats the methodology related to the serial number of missile??
as the missile in the above photo is marked '208' & by this I am in no way suggesting that its the 208th missile of batch/ inventory
No idea about that.

Any under development, for testing long range missiles, well one day Pakistan would need it to launch satellites.
Not yet. For now, the current systems suffice.

o_O
The EL/M-2248 MF-STAR onboard the kolkata class destroyer has a range of 350km
the long range radars of vikramaditya has 500km surveillance range

The Close in weapons system can kill the missiles at 1500m range in 5.5 sec
The Barak can kill the fighters
the AC's can fry the electronics within its surveillance range
Kamov Ka31 can kill the subs

What are you talking about???

Even americans have recently termed chinese cruise missiles as largest threat to their naval dominance in asia...what are you talking about

Even americans have recently termed chinese cruise missiles as largest threat to their naval dominance in asia...what are you talking about
I m being realistic
I would like to see the news article to know more about it
it would be very helpful if you can post the link here

Saw it on cnn...dont have a link...
By the way being realistic any war where your carier is moving in would already have crossed nuclear threshold...
Also please enlighten me as for if any of the air defences are actually installed on the carier as per my knowledge its all planned for future..

I love how Pakistan tests weapons out of the blue...no warning or nothing :pakistan::pakistan::pakistan::pakistan:

Back
Top Bottom