What's new

Pakistan Space and Satellite Developments

why was there such a loooong lull between 1972 and 1990? - - -what were we doing in those 18 years - -the way things were going upto 1972, we should have had an icbm and space launch vehicle by 1980 (no exaggeration whatsoever)

Badr-B is a Surveillance sattelite my dear

donot underestimate pakistan

check the test details again dear

do you even know why they call it an earth observation satellite and not a spy satellite?
no not to fool the uk to get them to launch a scientific sat when they launch your spy sat...because they handled the satellite and have to be amazingly stupid to not see that.
an earth observation satellite is NOT for military purposes.if it were..then all the weather satellites would be spy satellites!
there is no pakistani spy satellite...or else pakistan would not be asking for russian help in developing one(130 million being offered...nothing to be proud of)
and btw just for the record india has more than 10 earth observation satellites the clients of which include the US and EU.I suggest you not compare our space capabilities to your infant space program.there is much scope for pakistan though.

I suggest you not compare our space capabilities to your infant space program

You're absolutely right! If only we were good at borrowing money from U.K for a space programme and a couple of Paint buckets to colour Russian rockets. Now that's an achievement we REALLY aren't capable of.

do you even know why they call it an earth observation satellite and not a spy satellite?
no not to fool the uk to get them to launch a scientific sat when they launch your spy sat...because they handled the satellite and have to be amazingly stupid to not see that.
an earth observation satellite is NOT for military purposes.if it were..then all the weather satellites would be spy satellites!
there is no pakistani spy satellite...or else pakistan would not be asking for russian help in developing one(130 million being offered...nothing to be proud of)
and btw just for the record india has more than 10 earth observation satellites the clients of which include the US and EU.I suggest you not compare our space capabilities to your infant space program.there is much scope for pakistan though.

Don't let too much patriotism take it over, paritosh.
Afterall, I wonder if your satellites can look down below on the country they originated from, and see how dire the situation is for alot of people living there?
Money pumped into the space program could've been used to improve living standards for alot of Indians, let's not forget about that.
Also, Pakistanis are most definitely impressed with Indias space abilities, let that be clear, we have our own dreams aswell regarding space and beyond, and only time will tell if we can achieve them.

Badr-B is a testbed for cartographic capabilities which indicate that we're working on our very own spysat. For the time being we're getting coverage from our greatest ally China.

Please provide link to your claim that Pakistan is looking for spysat from Russia worth $130 million.
Thanks!

Badr-B is a testbed for cartographic capabilities which indicate that we're working on our very own spysat. For the time being we're getting coverage from our greatest ally China.

Please provide link to your claim that Pakistan is looking for spysat from Russia worth $130 million.
Thanks!

'Pak seeks Russian aid in developing spy satellite'-World-The Times of India
though you'd not like the indian link...but it points to an article in the russian daily 'Vremya Novosteyi' which carried the report.and as i said the scope for pakistan is good to open it's space frontier.

Indeed, the source is not a credible one. Its highly unlikely that we'd approach Russia, India's major ally, to build a spysat to keep an eye on her.
Even more unlikely when we have China sitting next door and already helping us with our space programme.

Indeed, the source is not a credible one. Its highly unlikely that we'd approach Russia, India's major ally, to build a spysat to keep an eye on her.
Even more unlikely when we have China sitting next door and already helping us with our space programme.

as an after-thought...it does appear that this report is a sham.had some difficulty in translating the ruskie daily date September,2001.

Some of the board members have close links to the Pak Space Programme, I can assure you that this is all speculation. Pakistan was still suffering sanctions and embargoes back in Sept 2001 as the result of going nuclear in May '98.
The report doesn't make sense.

Stick to the thread title please.

This thread is about Pakistan's programs.

Read the rules related to sarcasm on the forum as well.

Why not use the Chinese or Iranians assistance? its not hard since Pakistan has an advanced missile program.

BTW! I also remember Pakistan had a SLV program! What happend to it?

Why not use the Chinese or Iranians assistance?

I think we already use Chinese assistance in almost all our technological programs. To learn, it is a great thing to collaborate, but there is a fine line between collaboration and copying .We do not want to depend too much on the Chinese because our aim is self reliance.

As for Iran, I, personally, would love collaboration. I think Iran is progressing at light-speed. However, you must consider the political and international consequences of working overtly with Iran.

As for Iran, I, personally, would love collaboration. I think Iran is progressing at light-speed. However, you must consider the political and international consequences of working overtly with Iran.

In general let me thank you for your answer.

The corporations could be secretive. No one will notice! :D (VEVAK know how to erase its tracks!).

According to REAL TIME SATELLITE TRACKING the speed of OMID satellite is about 7.45 Km/s while the speed of SINAH-1 (Another satellite of Iran is about 7.69 Km/s). and the Israeli Ofeq-7 (Best spy satellite of Israel is around 8.02 Km/s).

Live Monitoring​

LIVE REAL TIME SATELLITE TRACKING: OMID
LIVE REAL TIME SATELLITE TRACKING: SINAH 1
LIVE REAL TIME SATELLITE TRACKING: OFEQ 7

Regards

the reason is that there were less funds for R N D an Sparco thats whats going happening
whatt we built not in our interst but in enmity of INDIA

its time to start thinking there are some parts whiich also needs the attentions of our leader

the reason is that there were less funds for R N D an Sparco thats whats going happening
whatt we built not in our interst but in enmity of INDIA

its time to start thinking there are some parts whiich also needs the attentions of our leader

Very well said mate....

Even in the sTart of it's space program Pakistan is looking directly at spy satellites. I mean it can be used for numerous other purposes like India's EduSat is used for education, Remote sensing satellites for weather, minerology, and data to help even fishermen to find fish in the sea!!!!!!

After launching 1st satellite in 1986, it is only now we are looking at spy satellites. Our space programme is Resarch oriented.

But Pakistan has other priorities I guess....Spy Satellites directly.....

Back
Top Bottom