What's new

Pakistan showing interest in J-16?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I always did not like window shopping since I was a child
funny_gifs_catsmob_com_03223_011.gif

Just place an order already

Hi,

When the smart device held in your hand has more computing power than the largest computer in asia the day you were born----it does not sound very intelligent of you to comment on comparing the capabilities of current day BVR missiles to be same as those of missile during the vietnam war---.

It really shocks me at the eternal brainlessness of pakistanis---from and average pakistani Joe---to the Pakistani generals---in the Year 2017---they are giving examples of the technology of 1960---the bvr missiles of the 60's---.

The whole of the USAF stealth program is based upon the use of BVR missile capability---.

The 200 million dollar aircraft the F22 is purely built on the operational capabilities of its BVR missiles---as is the F35---and this pakistani sitting on the mattress in his 'fetid' room is dismissing the power of this million dollar bvr missile with a simple dismissive shake of head---.
Sir you are being a bit too harsh on the guy!!

If the missiles used back then were 60s tech and cant be compared to what we see now, the defensive capabilities have also evolved at the same pace!! Jamming and avoiding detection are also the things that evolved. Both offensive and defensive capabilities have evolved together. Now no one will say that BVR engagement is not important or even that it is less important than any other aspect of air combat but stating that the medium range or close range engagement have seized to exist is also like calling all the air forces fool who are investing heavily in such capability missiles.

No one shake his head to dismiss the idea of BVR just like they should not and are not dismissing the close range combat! Please do not judge people based on what you IMAGINE they are saying.

I always did not like window shopping since I was a child
funny_gifs_catsmob_com_03223_011.gif

Just place an order already

But just as in Your gif ! What does an order change if the seller WILL not sell ? So IMO this is all wishful thinking.

Well we had plenty of chances to endulge in best available options

• Mirage2000 (Rumors exist we were offered these instead of Rafale first)
  • Then the chance to be one of early adopters of Rafale
  • The Done and then cancelled J10B deal , to focus on 5th Generation Jet
  • Then F16 C/D cancellation (12-18 planes cancelled not ideal due to cost plan)
  • The J-11 (Pictrues / training shots etc )

We should have already solidified our national defence need with 30-40 plane order long time ago if we recall we were due to get 36 J10B fighter jets delievred to us in 2014 December

Last edited:
Well we had plenty of chances to endulge in best available options

• Mirage2000 (Rumors exist we were offered these instead of Rafale first)
  • Then the chance to be one of early adopters of Rafale
  • The Done and then cancelled J10B deal , to focus on 5th Generation Jet
  • Then F16 C/D cancellation
  • The J-11 (Pictrues / training shots etc )
All PAF want is F16 and F16 and F16 and F16.hope the J16 inquiry is serious.

But just as in Your gif ! What does an order change if the seller WILL not sell ? So IMO this is all wishful thinking.
If PAF really want it,China will lease. Did China officially claim that J16 can't be leased?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom