What's new

Pakistan should not accept Indian aid even through UN: Pak media Read more: Pakistan

Then ask the media persons to donate some money.
If they do care for the people of their country,i think they shouldn't have made a statement like this.

Then ask the media persons to donate some money.
If they do care for the people of their country, i think they shouldn't have made a statement like this.

Its not their job. What they know is how to create unnecessary tension between people; no matter whether it is Pakistani Media, Indian Media, or Chinese media...............They just want is more and more people watching/reading them. Thats it.
:smokin:

"Until India is willing to give Kashmiris the freedom of deciding their own future, we will not like any sort of ties with India and the $5 million dollar it gave as aid to Pakistan for the flood victims is not acceptable to us and it should be returned forthwith. It (the aid) is not acceptable even if channelled through the UN," the editorial in the Urdu daily Nawa-i-Waqt said.

Is pakistan doing India a favour by accepting our aid? Is this a service they are providing us?

Damning attitude. There's a well suited saying that I wont mention right now, but situation is clearly against pakistan and certainly they cannot act as "choosers" anymore.

Flood and natural disasters can happen in any country...when people suffer from this calamitys its our duty to help..and its your duty to accept it gracefuly.We can still remain enemys if we wish.. even in war countries avoid attacking enemy civilians,exchange war prisoners etc. And pakistan can pay the money back when india is in trouble...

as long as there are 'no strings attached' which i think are not, it is ok - we shd be grateful to India for their gesture of goodwill !:cheers:it is little steps like these which can turn the 'tide' in our relationship!

Siddi Gal Kiti hai !

Well said. India & Pak must help each other whenever they can.

Oye , dushman hi nahi hoga to dushmani kis se karenge ? !!

Pakistan accepts India aid, but no real disaster diplomacy

NEW DELHI - India said on Tuesday that arch-rival Pakistan had accepted its offer of flood aid, but analysts say this piecemeal attempt at disaster diplomacy will not help improve relations between the two sides.

Pakistan's floods, which began over a month ago, have submerged a fifth of the country and left around 6 million people homeless in one of the world's biggest humanitarian crises of recent years.

But despite a shortage of funds hampering Islamabad's ability to provide relief to the millions in need, Pakistan had delayed deciding whether to accept $5 million in aid from New Delhi due to historical tensions between the two neighbours.

"Pakistan has conveyed its deep appreciation of India's offer of assistance," Indian Foreign Minister S.M. Krishna told parliament. "Pakistan requested on Aug 27 that India may channel its contribution to the flood victims through the U.N."

Krishna added that, given the scale of the disaster, India would increase its donation to $25 million from the $5 million it had originally offered.

Divided Kashmir remains at the heart of the dispute between India and Pakistan, with both sides claiming the Himalayan region in full. They have fought two of their three wars over it.

India accuses Pakistan of fuelling unrest in Kashmir, but Islamabad says it only lends moral support to what it calls Kashmir's independence movement, which has killed tens of thousands of people.

PIECEMEAL DIPLOMACY

The floods have inundated an area the size of Italy and aid workers have struggled to respond to the needs of millions of people who urgently need clean water, food, shelter and medical assistance.

The United Nations says donors have come good on around 63 percent of the $459 million needed in flood relief over the next three months, and so far only a fraction of those who need aid have received it.

Analysts say Pakistani authorities have been concerned about how their acceptance of Indian aid will play out nationally, but add that possible pressure from the United States may have played a role in Islamabad finally accepting the money.

U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton earlier this month said she hoped Pakistan would accept the aid and show that "despite years of misunderstanding and conflicts and threats ... in the face of a natural disaster of this significance, the people of India and Pakistan can come together".

But analysts say the signals by both sides show neither is serious about using this opportunity to improve relations.

Some experts have criticised New Delhi for delaying its offer of aid, which came almost two weeks after the floods, and for publically announcing its gesture rather than donating through the United Nations, a more modest approach.

Others have criticised Islamabad for dithering.

"I think the churlishness with which the aid has been accepted - it wasn't accepted for weeks and then Pakistan won't accept directly but only through the U.N. - has undermined any possible diplomatic advantages," said Ajai Sahni, executive director of the Institute for Conflict Management in New Delhi.

"It shows the whole kind of scoring of points that is typical of Indo-Pak relations."

omg are some people here suggesting that India is behind pak floods?

Gosh we are becoming like BJP government of the 90s where everything was blamed on ISI hands down.

Dont give India so much respect. It does not command so much authority on over territory.

I see no reason why Pakistan should not sue india and Afghanistan in international court for not following international agreements.

I see India Pakistan going at war on water issues.

yes even i want to see a court case i dont know why pakistani establishment is not doing it why doesnt some patriotic pakistani citizen do it on their behalf some sort of legal action there are many here on this forum

omg are some people here suggesting that India is behind pak floods?

Gosh we are becoming like BJP government of the 90s where everything was blamed on ISI hands down.

Dont give India so much respect. It does not command so much authority on over territory.

A newb has more common-sense that some senior members here. I commend your way of thinking! :tup::tup:

BTW, to all the nay sayers and flamers. We have already accepted the aid. So please give it a rest!

seriously i keep hearing this court case in every social affairs thread about water is it true is yes then why not ?

why not cant anybody answer why there is no case still today yet people are saying it always

Siddi Gal Kiti hai !

Well said. India & Pak must help each other whenever they can.

Oye , dushman hi nahi hoga to dushmani kis se karenge ? !!

I appreciate, but the those in the military and security apparatus of BOTH the countries think otherwise. :sniper::sniper:

Thats not good. If aid is coming through UN than its not labeled as Indian because the money will be handed over in whole amount.

This 'Pak media' might by the Daily Mail and nation.com.pk. They are as good as Ahmed Qureshi and Moin Ansari, always spreading hatred. I have read few 'editorials' of the Nation written by Shireen Mazari where he accusing everyone from India, USA to Israel for everything happens in Pakistan and many other 'views' like India's poverty etc etc. The daily mail? Nothing to say!!

Last edited:
Had ho gayi, naki kar aur joote kha.

In logo ko aid bhi donate karo to bhi kuch log jehar hi uglenge.

Had ho gayi, naki kar aur joote kha.

In logo ko aid bhi donate karo to bhi kuch log jehar hi uglenge.

This is the reason why Indian aid should not be accepted. 5 million$ are not a very big amount. We the People of Pakistan can generate an extra 5 million$ guys.

This is the reason why Indian aid should not be accepted. 5 million$ are not a very big amount. We the People of Pakistan can generate an extra 5 million$ guys.

I am sure you the people of Pakistan, can generate $ 5 Million, but even then the Indian $5 million would be extra that could be used. At this time when waters are receding and affected people need most help, every penny counts. Indians and Pakistanis have till eternity to engage in useless bickering.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom