What's new

Pakistan seeks India's help for focus on trade

They should sort out their mess first before talking about trade and looking for sympathy from us.

Nobody is looking for sympathy from likes of you. In case you forget, this is an Indian source which snootily conflates two different issues for the sake of local consumption. You can masturbate all you want, just do not make an exhibition of it.

"Pakistani economic managers understand that trade normalization with India will give Pakistan's main export industries preferential access to the large and growing Indian market under the SAFTA regime with potential benefits that far exceed the possible benefits it could derive from the much more competitive European markets under the EU's GSP+ scheme," said an official.

"Preferential access to the Indian market would greatly ease Pakistan government's severe foreign exchange constraint, as well as provide much needed stimulus to its export industries and by implications its whole economy," he added.

That stimulus to Pakistan's export industry will enable them to buy more weapons, do we really need to do this favour?

:lol:

Right!
High time India-Pak learnt lessons from Japan-China which maintains a good trade relations despite their politicians constantly spewing venom at each other and their defence stand off.
Btw improving trade relations would work more in favor of Pak as it needs India to help it achieve the economic stability....issh I dont want to sound trollishhh...but thats how I view this albeit I am all for improving the trades between the perpetually warring countries.

The trade delegation's visa's are in limbo, and that too a huge contingent of 600 strong pakistani delegation. If it doesn't go through than we can attribute it to the escalating LOC tensions. As Modi said - talks cannot happen in the din of bullets and bombs.

I think relations with India are going to be on ice for a couple of years. We would necessarily wait to see the current issues go through a cycle.

I do not mind though. I could see it coming. It was premature any way.

Back
Top Bottom