What's new

Pakistan’s nuclear arsenal to overtake India’s: SIPRI

OMG.... we are doomed. I think the world has seen the last of us.

So long.....

Annihilation !!! I think we Indians should commit mass suicide and rid of our agony of being nuked.

Shalom and few lines from the song for those who are gonna nuke us...

"The time to say Good Bye is near .........Dear, I think You are going to miss me when I am gone."

come back when you sober up a bit and sit down with your astrologist! :lol:

not only 1000 MW india working on 1650 MW projects in Jaitapur Maharashtra with total capacity of 9900 MW in 6 reactors ... and that can be reached to 10

You are wise because you didn't mention finishing date. I think in 30 year because that is you guys working pace GOOD LUCK:victory:

Sir

I am back and sober and my astrologer also says that we are doomed

We don't stand a chance in front of enemies nuclear weapons.

I think we should surrender Kashmir, Junagadh, Hyderabad, Goa, Pondicherry.

We should surrender ourselves to china and hope they will spare us from the forthcoming Armageddon.

Sir

I am back and sober and my astrologer also says that we are doomed

We don't stand a chance in front of enemies nuclear weapons.

I think we should surrender Kashmir, Junagadh, Hyderabad, Goa, Pondicherry.

We should surrender ourselves to china and hope they will spare us from the forthcoming Armageddon.

I can live with that.... whats your address i'll send you some single malt to keep you numb :tup:

I dont know what all the excitement here is about! Gen Musharaff handed over control of pak nuclear material to US as seymour hersh reported in his article.

Pak should concentrate on generating electricity from nuclear plants not waste money and resources on weapons nuclear or conventional.

Pak security is dependent on US support - as long as US does not permit it India cannot destroy the state of pakistan. If economy is good, then everything else will fall in place. without resources you can do nothing - the soviet union had the worlds largest arsenal but it is just a ******* carcass or rusting tanks and equipment now.

Does anybody have any idea about how much tritium India produces and what is done with it?

Tritium is essential for thermonuclear bomb and India made a breakthrough in producing tritium in early 90s.... from Jane's Intelligence Review (Jan, 1998)... I guess in last 14/15 years they made tremendous progress in this area.....

Tritium breakthrough brings India closer to an H-Bomb Arsenal

The importance of tritium as a strategic material in the creation of thermonuclear weaponry, given the insignificance of its other uses, cannot be overstressed. Its importance becomes even more apparent when one considers the major leap from the ability to manufacture fission weaponry to the capacity to build a thermonuclear weapon like a hydrogen bomb. It is within this context that the pioneering work in extracting highly enriched tritium conducted by scientists at India's Bhabha Atomic Research Center (BARC) assumes significance. In this area at least, Indian scientists have reason to **** a snook at the USA.

While the USA had stopped producing tritium by about 1988 due to safety reasons and aging facilities, the Indian breakthrough underscores the fact that tritium can now be produced at a fraction of the estimated US$ 7 billion needed to produce the isotope at current costs using the accelerator process, as was done in the USA. The Indian scientists have managed to extract highly enriched tritium from heavy water used in power reactors.

The advantage of the technology developed by BARC is that it assumes heavy water as the moderator in power reactors when most of those in the West (including Russia) - with the exception of Canada - use light water. The other advantage is a short gestation period; the Indian tritium facility takes less than two years for completion. This is not to say that India has already secretly developed the H-Bomb, but the very fact that tritium, according to all available indications, is now being stockpiled puts India in a comfortable position in terms of nuclear deterrence, given the nuclear ambitions of Pakistan and the already-nuclear China.

On the Trail of Indian Tritium

It was an innocuous paragraph at the end of a recently published paper on detritiation that let the cat out of the bag. The paper appeared in a book entitled Heavy Water- Properties, Production and Analysis, which was authored by two BARC scientists, Sharad M. Dave and Himangshu K. Sadhukhan, with a Mexican scientist, Octavio A. Novaro. On page 461 of the work, it says the following:

"The Bhabha Atomic Research Center, Bombay, India, also having developed a wetproof catalyst for LPCE [liquid phase catalytic exchange], has employed it for detritiation. A pilot plant based on LPCE cryogenic distillation with about 90 per cent tritium removal from heavy water has been commissioned and is under experimental evaluation. Reportedly, this facility seems to be the only operating LPCE-based detritiation facility in the world... A commercial detritiation plant based on this process is being set up at one of their nuclear power stations."

BREAKTHROUGH BRINGS INDIA CLOSER TO AN H-BOMB ARSENAL

omg cant come to any thread for a meaningful argument, every thread full of the same name calling, d1ck measuring and stupid posting. Really guys we need to stop all this as its really getting boring now.

Thanks Kinetic,

Question: What they do with the extracted tritium. I mean do they store it.

What other applications India is pursuing apart from weapons for tritium.

After Indo-US nuclear deal can India export or import tritium?

this report said that pak can produce XX more at short notice but didnt mention the similar thing for india. y not?

Soon, there will be strong campaign against Nuke free world, US & Co. will pressurice the non signatory to sign CTBT, NPT and to disclose and reduce the numbers of Nukes.

But these type of reports by International organisation will help India. We get a excuse of not signing CTB, NPT as we can claim our Nuke pogram is behind the worrld.

It will also allow us and the world to pressurize Pakistan.

These types of news should come after every few months to make the topic hot. And it will help India in International arena.

And about our real nuke strength will remain mystery.

Also, when every now and then many Pakistani memmers calls for or suggest to use Nuclear weapon aginst India. It also makes a Image about Pakistan as PDF is a International forum with English as a medium to communicate.

International visitors who don't read Pakistani newspaper or don't visit Pakistan can make a opinion by visiting PDF.

Pakistan’s nuclear arsenal to overtake India’s: SIPRI

The Hindu : News / National : Pakistan’s nuclear arsenal to overtake India’s: SIPRI

"Our conservative estimates are that Pakistan has sixty warheads and could produce 100 nuclear weapons at short notice. In comparison India had also 60 to 70 nuclear warheads," the Stockholm International Peace Research Institute said.

Pakistan has 60 nuclear warheads and with two new plutonium reactors nearing completion in Khusab, its weapons grade plutonium production will jump seven-fold, according to latest figures released by Swedish institute SIPRI.
“Our conservative estimates are that Pakistan has sixty warheads and could produce 100 nuclear weapons at short notice,” the Stockholm International Peace Research Institute (SIPRI) said in its latest annual report.

Pakistan has never tested any plutonium based nuke.

So I wonder the efficacy of such nukes or estimation of newer weapons that use weapon grade plutonium instead of Uranium which is traditionally being used to make bulk of Pakistan's arsenal.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom