What's new

Pakistan’s first sect-free mosque calls for end to discrimination

So, which Pakistani group, allied with which "sect", will be the first to bomb this mosque?

It isn't.

But it should be.

Did anyone require your opinion?....you can't say whats Pakistani way unless you are a Pakistani, now please stick this nose somewhere else.

So, which Pakistani group, allied with which "sect", will be the first to bomb this mosque?

Lets hope none :confused:

If its bombed, we'll build again... a bigger one :D

Doesn't matter... if it does come to happen, we will say inna-lillah-e-wainna-allaihe-rajeon, and build a bigger one.... someone had to do it first, I'm happy that he did, further support will follow......... Btw, our country is in shambles, I have seen the poorest of poor, and even he never complains, goes about his work, eats two meals a day and says "Thank you God for your mercy".... Btw, do you us as a demoralized nation after all that we have gone through? No my friend, we are a supremely resilient race......

It should always be this way, everyone should be coming to the same mosque.. all these ethnic issues will fade away..
There will always be those(as on this forum) who are more worried about other's graves than their own... and those will also interfere there.. In that case.. thrown em out.

In the USA, we have dozens of "denominations" of Christian churches. Most denominations have governing authorities which sanction and accredit the congregation as being boni fide Methodist, Catholic, Lutheran, Baptist, Adventist, Scientist, Presbyterian, etc., etc. In many small communities that cannot financially support many churches, there are "all-faith" churches that have no official ties to a formal denomination. However, to my knowledge, Catholics are forbidden to combine regular worship with Protestant congregations, that is, to combine into one of these "all-faith" congregations. In Pakistan, are most all mosques accredited or sponsored by some official religious body? If you want to have an "all faith" mosque, must it operate without the recognition of either some official Sunni or Shiite authority?

In the USA, we have dozens of "denominations" of Christian churches. Most denominations have governing authorities which sanction and accredit the congregation as being boni fide Methodist, Catholic, Lutheran, Baptist, Adventist, Scientist, Presbyterian, etc., etc. In many small communities that cannot financially support many churches, there are "all-faith" churches that have no official ties to a formal denomination. However, to my knowledge, Catholics are forbidden to combine regular worship with Protestant congregations, that is, to combine into one of these "all-faith" congregations. In Pakistan, are most all mosques accredited or sponsored by some official religious body? If you want to have an "all faith" mosque, must it operate without the recognition of either some official Sunni or Shiite authority?

Sir before 79's "holy revolution" in Iran and when King Faisal was alive, almost ALL Mosques were ALL FAITH mosques. 80's saw extremism and proxy ideology infiltration into Pakistan through the Ayatollah's in Iran and King Fahad from Saudi arabia. Both of them funded their proxies with petro dollars an then came the Afghan war and weapons....so it added another dimension to it...violence.....now add Zia's dictatorship and it all becomes visible why we stand here.

In Islam, there is not much difference between Sunnis and Shi'as in terms of theology. We can pray together, live together, marry together and so on. The problem is the extremists on the both sides have divided our society using fear as a tool.

Here you can see a Sunni imam leading sunni and shiite worshippers in the same assembly....it was a common sight before, 80's now its getting rare, this is what makes this mosque special, though its not the only masjid of this kind in Pakistan, there are plenty.

images

The real sunnis in pakistan are strictly forbidden by their parents and elders to attend anything related to shias or their processions.

I totally support this development. Next time I am in Isloo , I will be sure to pray there with my brothers of all sects.

BTW, this sectarian Bigotry was a gift to Pakistani Nation from the HEAD BIGOT OF PAKISTAN GENERAL ZIA UL HAQ ( OR ZIA UL _ UQ).

The real sunnis in pakistan are strictly forbidden by their parents and elders to attend anything related to shias or their processions.

Christians view their denominations are separate faiths, Muslims do not view sects as separate faiths - or at least they shouldn't. They have the same core beliefs although ritualistic practices and support of historic figures/incidents differs. The segregation is purely political and done by people who are naive or clueless on how this actually hurts the Islamic faith.

The Key difference is that in the US most Churches of different denominations ( i.e. Presbytarians, Lutherans, Assembly of God, Church of Christ, Southern Baptist, Methodist etc. ) have a headquarters that they are connected to but most mosques are based on local grass root level management with no connection to a an organized head office type scenario.

Back
Top Bottom