What's new

Pakistan’s caste system: The untouchable's struggle

This thread based on this article already got DELETED two times.

Why do you people keep posting the same stuff over and over again

HTML:

While that question is good, who are these ''you people'? If thread gets deleted, then its gone. Bot some obsessive pakistanis keep posting the same 2007 blog entries again and again and again on defence.pk and those threads are there for all to see yet they keep getting posted... this is the latest...

http://www.defence.pk/forums/world-affairs/169383-zillion-reasons-escape-india.html

This is an article dated 31st March 2012.. Whats wrong with this.. ?? We have enough threads going on about Dalits in India..After all, exploitation, irrespective of where it is merits a discussion.. No?

This is an article dated 31st March 2012.. Whats wrong with this.. ?? We have enough threads going on about Dalits in India..After all, exploitation, irrespective of where it is merits a discussion.. No?

It's been already posted and DELETED already, 2 times in fact.

Next time check please.

here comes a post about untouchables , we live in PAKISTAN and have never heard about it ......
i visited about all of PAKISTAN and haven,t found any such bla bla.....

Choorah and Changar is not a caste Einstein.

Why is an article from a popular newspaper being deleted? Can't digest the reality? You can keep the PDF members in dark but millions of express tribune readers can still read it you know?

As a matter of fact I see Pakistanis being more fanatic about their caste. That's why they still carry caste names like butt, choudry, Malik, sethi, rajput ect generations after converting to Islam.

if indians have "issues" then go take it up with the mods.

Just don't go around spamming the forum with stuff thats already been posted and deleted.

don,t know why many indians want to tarnish image of ISLAM and PAKISTAN ,
they come with articles and news that mostly has no existence in reality and there are only few cases of it...
such customs are more pronounced in hunduism and india.............

Why is an article from a popular newspaper being deleted? Can't digest the reality? You can keep the PDF members in dark but millions of express tribune readers can still read it you know?
why any thing against hindusim or indian culture is taken as against morality, but any thing against ISLAM and PAKISTAN is ok and morally correct.
come on. u need to digest the truth that u can't ....

Ambedkar was critical of Islam and its practices in South Asia. While justifying the Partition of India, he condemned the practice of child marriage in Muslim society, as well as the mistreatment of women.

He said,

'' No words can adequately express the great and many evils of polygamy and concubinage, and especially as a source of misery to a Muslim woman. Take the caste system. Everybody infers that Islam must be free from slavery and caste.[While slavery existed], much of its support was derived from Islam and Islamic countries. While the prescriptions by the Prophet regarding the just and humane treatment of slaves contained in the Koran are praiseworthy, there is nothing whatever in Islam that lends support to the abolition of this curse. But if slavery has gone, caste among Musalmans [Muslims] has remained. ''

He wrote that Muslim society is "even more full of social evils than Hindu Society is" and criticized Muslims for sugarcoating their sectarian caste system with euphemisms like "brotherhood". He also criticized the discrimination against the Arzal classes among Muslims who were regarded as "degraded", as well as the oppression of women in Muslim society through the oppressive purdah system. He alleged that while Purdah was also practiced by Hindus, only among Muslims was it sanctioned by religion. He criticized their fanaticism regarding Islam on the grounds that their literalist interpretations of Islamic doctrine made their society very rigid and impermeable to change. He further wrote that Indian Muslims have failed to reform their society unlike Muslims in other countries like Turkey.

In a "communal malaise", both groups [Hindus and Muslims] ignore the urgent claims of social justice.

It's been already posted and DELETED already, 2 times in fact.

Next time check please.

How to check a deleted thread?

here comes a post about untouchables , we live in PAKISTAN and have never heard about it ......

Oh Really?? Hmm.. If you are really interested in finding out more about it, read ADB's report on Social Structures in Rural Pakistan

http://www.researchcollective.org/Documents/Social_Structure_in_Rural_Pakistan.pdf

don,t know why many indians want to tarnish image of ISLAM and PAKISTAN ,
they come with articles and news that mostly has no existence in reality and there are only few cases of it...
such customs are more pronounced in hunduism and india.............

why any thing against hindusim or indian culture is taken as against morality, but any thing against ISLAM and PAKISTAN is ok and morally correct.
come on. u need to digest the truth that u can't ....

see, lets not act like we have an intellectual debate here on world issues to find a solution. It has always been Pakistanis posting anti-India stuff and Indians finding anti-Pakistan news to post.

Really? A lot of the articles about Pakistani christians talk about how even in the cities, they are being served in separate cups and christian maids are never let inside the kitchens for fear of "contamination". Such practices in India are long gone in the cities and it will be in the headlines even if it happens in remote villages.

Just so you know, there's no concept of 'untouchability' in Hinduism either.

...and please do some research before you decide to refute my post with another half-knowledge comment.

Well I never wanted to bring religion in, my point had to do with casteism in Islam and that of course is strictly forbidden for more than 14 centuries, its not like an idea that gradually modified with time.

Coming back to your post - I really found it bit disappointing. On one hand you are embellishing my knowledge, I am thankful to that, and on other hand you want me to do research as if I was trolling earlier with my half-knowledge comments.

Let me ask you few questions - DO you stand by the fact that Veda divides a society to four Varnas? Do you stand by the fact that Brahmins were created from the head, Kshatriyas from the chest, Vaishyas from the thigh and stomach and Shudras from feet? How do you define untouchability?

P.S: I am asking these questions to rectify my confusion, not giving my verdict on Hinduism.

So Pakistani posters wants to bully this thread down ?

Well the Pakistani version of cast system is well covered up with Islamic mask for long like many other evils of the same society. Converts to Islam are greeted in Pakistan but their cast remains intact. A ''lohar'' (Ironsmith), ''tarkhan'' (carpenter), ''Chura'' (sweeper), ''Mistary'' (Building constructor), ''Kammi'' (Filed labourer), ''Cheeuar'', ''Naiee'' (Barber), Marsee and many more nomenclatures are common in use to mock and describe the cast of a person even if he not doing the same job.

People from these cast would rarely marry (or allowed to marry) with boy or girl from Chaudary, Batt, Rana, Jatt ect. high cast communities in Pakistan. Same is the situation in India. Since today's Pakistan was a part of India therefore they have inherited (Which they deny with straight face) the Hindu society's (Not religion) evils in their Islamic nation.

To make some one a Muslim in Pakistan means making him a non-Hindu or non-Christian not non-low cast.

Back
Top Bottom