What's new

Pakistan rumored to be interested in additional RJAF F-16s

A few year back Pakistan bought used Mirage 3 and 5 from Egypt.
I lives in Toronto. Here my Egyptian friend ( retired Egypt airforce) told me that Egypt has offered to Pakistan its some of used Dessault Mirage 2000 jet fighters and is waiting for reply from Pakistan .
Seems like Sharif govt has no money for this item but only for their pockets .

Discounts! F16s are sold by Lockheed Martin, why would they offer discounts? And US tax payers wont allow their own money to be used without approval. I dont have the exact figures, but PAF package was inline with what market costs were. Now numbers may appear less, but that is because of PAF planning, negotiations and cost cutting measures - for example taking surplus parts, surplus f16s and upgrading them, getting upgrades done via Turkey etc.
@SQ8 can probably shed more light, but all F16 deals are at the end commercial deals and never been subsidized by US tax money.
Do any of the Operations Peacegate ring any bells?
Peacegate was financed through part military aid, part own funds and part some kickback/grey funds in from some private individuals apparently - one of whom is the father of the Pm who owns the airline and was killed by a stinger during the Ojhri incident

Also shows how Pakistan failed to deal with the American executive...
You are an American stooge and you can't get weapons that were released to you 40 years ago..

You have to be a terrible stooge
Were you quoting me or someone else?

Peacegate was financed through part military aid, part own funds and part some kickback/grey funds in from some private individuals apparently - one of whom is the father of the Pm who owns the airline and was killed by a stinger during the Ojhri incident

"Discounts", right? :D

A few year back Pakistan bought used Mirage 3 and 5 from Egypt.
I lives in Toronto. Here my Egyptian friend ( retired Egypt airforce) told me that Egypt has offered to Pakistan its some of used Dessault Mirage 2000 jet fighters and is waiting for reply from Pakistan .
Seems like Sharif govt has no money for this item but only for their pockets .
Not true
French did not allow the deal to go through

What about the latest f16 deal during Musharaf?

In 2005, PAF had inventory of F-16s, A-5, Mirage 3/5, F-7 & F-7PG.
A-5's & F-7's were retired. Mirage 3/5 & F-7PG have almost completed their life and need to be retired.
Hence J-10s and more F-16s (even used ones) should be added in the PAF for qualitative edge. MLU F-16s with Amraam's can still pose serious threat to the adversary. F-16 flying with J-10 in the PAF sky will be a deadly combination.

It's the best time to get US approval for OZGUR upgrade on existing MLU F-16s.

Couple of years back Jordan offered 16 or 18 F-16s for sale in which PAF was interested but permission to buy that batch of on offer was denied by USA.
Sorry Sir, my memory doesn't go that far back - plus its always hard to keep up with these rumors.

But lets say if it was a couple of years back - that would make it a Trump era (1) & (2) would only require the White House approval.

And if Jordan was looking to unload that number you mentioned, means that not much has changed on their offer - if anything, that number might have gone up.

Only time will tell.

All the 80s products are the scourge on our backs to this day.

plus its always hard to keep up with these rumors.
That was not rumour but official fact declared through Official Tender (NOTE: During that time on the forum I posted the Official Tender document and list of tail numbers with airframe life of F-16 on offer) by Jordanian Air Force, US decline to approve the transfer of those batch during the last days of Obama (as far as I remember)

That was not rumour but official fact declared through Official Tender (NOTE: During that time on the forum I posted the Official Tender document and list of tail numbers with airframe life of F-16 on offer) by Jordanian Air Force, US decline to approve the transfer of those batch during the last days of Obama (as far as I remember)
Obama era...

That is more than a mere "couple of years", Sir ji.

Yes, I recall that offer - now.

It came right after we had got the 13 (already) from Jordan & thought we'd milk that cow a bit further. Didn't pan out.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom