What's new

Pakistan | Roads, Motorways & Highway Infrastructure.

487533_388714377892618_2023865697_n.jpg

I have a question about the motorways. If caught speeding, do they issue you a ticket? And are the cops prone to bribes like in India or are they strict about it?

I have a question about the motorways. If caught speeding, do they issue you a ticket? And are the cops prone to bribes like in India or are they strict about it?

Yes, you will get a ticket if caught speeding. The Motorway Police is actually pretty good in its service and is not prone to the faults of the conventional police like bribes. But then again, they are paid much better.

Excellent roads - I wish we had such roads in India - there are more craters on the roads of Bombay than there are on the moon.

Well, Pakistan needs to invest massively in infrastructure... For past 10 years, our economic development has taken a huge hit due to war...

But Inshallah in next 2 decades, expect a lot of investment in different sectors of the country (As the war is coming to an end, hopefully!) ..

You guys are lucky..India is investing alot in infrastructure and different sectors ... Don't worry, Bombay road will also be renewed...Some of your new air ports are pretty good.

the Motorway police are no joke and are incorruptible; they are stricter there than they are in the west. The speed limit used to be 140 km/h but has been reduced and they regularly have speed traps where they radar the speed of your vehicle. Once painted by laser radar gun, you cant do much else.

I was pulled over another time for passing a lorry on a bridge - the cop told me he will drive me to the place where the sign clearly says it's not allowed; i just opted to take the penalty

the M2 in my mind is my favourite place to be driving a car; pack of cigs and some Pineapple juice and some good music is all that's needed

Well, Pakistan needs to invest massively in infrastructure... For past 10 years, our economic development has taken a huge hit due to war...

But Inshallah in next 2 decades, expect a lot of investment in different sectors of the country (As the war is coming to an end, hopefully!) ..

You guys are lucky..India is investing alot in infrastructure and different sectors ... Don't worry, Bombay road will also be renewed...Some of your new air ports are pretty good.

LOL - no chance. Bombay roads would have been good by now - god knows enough taxpayer money has been spent - but the builder-politician-municipal council nexus builds shoddy roads through low bids so they can re-bid in 2 yrs time - everyone makes money. Citizens suffer. C'est la vie.

2011_7largeimg220_jul_2011_054429840.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom