What's new

Pakistan risks sanctions over Iran gas deal: WSJ

This is called Foreign Policy. This is Diplomacy.

We left IPI but got more, CND. Quid Pro Quo.

Pakistan uses its strategic location, India has to use its Economy and human resources.

See my point is India will keep delaying and raising hurdles for Pakistan. More than that, we can't do anything.

Yes but you failed to provide one instance. I rest my case.

Anyway as far as the pipeline goes it seems GOP has played its cards and is all in with the pipeline. I believe Pakistan has to complete the construction by a certain date or face penalties. The Iranian side is completely finished.

Yes but you failed to provide one instance. I rest my case.

Anyway as far as the pipeline goes it seems GOP has played its cards and is all in with the pipeline. I believe Pakistan has to complete the construction by a certain date or face penalties. The Iranian side is completely finished.

Look again. Non-Alignment Movement that gave countries third option during Cold War.

Then we didn't even have good economy.

@KRAIT

Come on man! I'm sensing you're a bit wrong with regard to US views and aspirations of indo-iran trade (or desired lack thereof) :)

Last edited by a moderator:
@KRAIT Come on man! I'm sensing you're a bit wrong with regard to US views and aspirations of indo-iran trade (or desired lack thereof) :)
IPI was cancelled in return of Civil nuclear deal. Also, India reduced but didn't stop Oil import from Iran as it will worsen our inflation problem.

India is quite clear about Iran even if US or Israel say something. Iran is potential strategic ally especially to get access to Afghanistan and CARs.

India could ask increase trade and oil imports with Iran if Iran give up IP pipeline. US might allow it.

Right now US has two problem Iran and China.

They might compromise on Iran just to reduce Chinese growing influence and access to Middle east and Africa via Gwadar. For that taking Iran away from Pakistan is important. Bringing India and Iran more closer will affect Pakistan and hence Chinese influence in the region.

And US can sanction Pakistan. Hurting Pakistan especially in Baluchistan will create problems for China.

Last edited by a moderator:
Perhaps this is why the PPP government has chosen this time to approve the contract, this way, it will please those in Pakistan who want the pipeline to go through, it will please Iran and it will please US - because while incurring sanctions, AND not going through with the pipeline will create problems for the new incoming government, which I am confident will not be a PPP government

You gotta give it to this guy mr 10%

Not just the richest man in Pakistan but also the most chalak

Making the next leaderships job a hell rather than a privilege he would jealously guard

There is not a bigger fool in the world than one with an inflated opinion of one's intellect.

I am getting tired of your narcissistic BS.

You are full of a lot of hot air but make very little sense.

completely agree with you on this . his posts are immature in nature & is filled with words like aytullies,commies, & what not, a clear trait of pseudo-intellectuals diatribes

If anyone remember, I told this that it might occur. They have solid reason to do so. They don't have to go to UN. Just impose sanctions from their own side, US and European nations.

What will Pakistan govt. do in this case ?

P.S No chest thumping. Only rational points.

Pakistan Govt can simply stop withdrawals of U.S arm forces through our route . This will cost them billions through other routes .They will think twice before putting sanctions on us .

What Pakistan has done?

Has the deal been signed?

There is lots of talk about nothing on paper yet.

Why everyone is getting their panties in a bunch on something that isn't there in the first place.

Or

May be I missed the big news.

And the pipeline got built recently and the gas started flowing to Gadahri/Bilawal house.

Perhaps you all know better.

Never ever make a mistake that a super power will let a tiny pesky country to grab it from the neck.

na na na na na

Then Why USSR let a tiny pesky country Afghanistan to grab it from the neck.

Pakistan has made the two important decisions at a time when US can't arm-twist pakistan , except giving hollow threats.

I say do it! US sanctions would suck but it will clear out once and for all about US's friend or foe status, UN sanctions are not possible without approval from China so we're good.

US had santions on pakistan already in 90's i guess, but did that made anything clear about friend and foe to pakistan ?
When bush twisted the arm, pakistan just bend on knees in 2001.

US had santions on pakistan already in 90's i guess, but did that made anything clear about friend and foe to pakistan ?
When bush twisted the arm, pakistan just bend on knees in 2001.

Ganesh bro!

my dear dear poster. Kiyon kertay ho batain dil jalanain ki (why do you talk trash) against your own kind.

Why Oh Why?

Why why Oh Ganesh, why?

In 2001, While Mush was stilling mulling, Indian government (and some posters) were going crazy, already jumping up and down like 3 year old girl shrieking "Pick me, Pick me, pick me, I am prettier than Pakistanis, pick me......." Come hither, we'll give you bases, we'll give you logistics, come to me, come to my bed please please please.

And then someone like you comes on a public forum and forgets all that?

That's shameful pretty pathetic lack of knowledge of your own history.

Sorry to see some Indians getting so low, just to spit at their own kind, when the only difference is that their own kind lives across the border.

This is slave mentality of the nth degree or perhaps the worst form of casteism.

This is how Indian subcontinent came under Gora boots back in 19th century, or every prior century under the Afghan chappal. And yet people like you continue repeating the sad history of the sub-continent.

So sorry to see.

So sad

p.s. Posters here know that I love India as a country and many of its good things. But some posters are hell bent on keeping India as the declared enemy of Pakistan by shoving knife in our back all the time every time. Hope you all understand a bit better now.

There is not a bigger fool in the world than one with an inflated opinion of one's intellect.

I am getting tired of your narcissistic BS.

You are full of a lot of hot air but make very little sense.

100% agree with you here, if you have a different opinion than him either you are influenced by the ayatollahs, wahabbis, or you are just an outsider who knows nothing. I honestly think he is suicidal or at the very least emo. :lol:

Ganesh bro!

my dear dear poster. Kiyon kertay ho batain dil jalanain ki (why do you talk trash) against your own kind.

Why Oh Why?

Why why Oh Ganesh, why?

In 2001, While Mush was stilling mulling, Indian government (and some posters) were going crazy, already jumping up and down like 3 year old girl shrieking "Pick me, Pick me, pick me, I am prettier than Pakistanis, pick me......." Come hither, we'll give you bases, we'll give you logistics, come to me, come to my bed please please please.

And then someone like you comes on a public forum and forgets all that?

That's shameful pretty pathetic lack of knowledge of your own history.

Sorry to see some Indians getting so low, just to spit at their own kind, when the only difference is that their own kind lives across the border.

This is slave mentality of the nth degree or perhaps the worst form of casteism.

This is how Indian subcontinent came under Gora boots back in 19th century, or every prior century under the Afghan chappal. And yet people like you continue repeating the sad history of the sub-continent.

So sorry to see.

So sad

p.s. Posters here know that I love India as a country and many of its good things. But some posters are hell bent on keeping India as the declared enemy of Pakistan by shoving knife in our back all the time every time. Hope you all understand a bit better now.
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Look again. Non-Alignment Movement that gave countries third option during Cold War.

Then we didn't even have good economy.

Negative that was not just an Indian initiative that was created by four other countries as well, even if India had not signed up the four other nations would have just created it anyway. Besides we all saw how much that treaty meant when you jumped squarely into the soviet block a couple of years later.

Negative that was not just an Indian initiative that was created by four other countries as well, even if India had not signed up the four other nations would have just created it anyway. Besides we all saw how much that treaty meant when you jumped squarely into the soviet block a couple of years later.
Fine buddy. If you want to ignore history, carry on. India was never a satellite state of USSR. Just a friend and supplier of weapons because US started giving Pakistan military equipment and aid.

I rest my case. India is a nation with little influence in the region, leave alone Asia or world.

Instead of getting personal, please go and get the deal signed up first.

then we'll see who is filled with hot air and whose panties are in a bunch.

peace

The deal is already signed, only price negotiations are still ongoing. You know so little, Iran has already completed its side of the pipeline and Pakistan must complete its before the end of 2014 or face a $1 million penalty per day to Iran. The agreement for this was signed in Ankara, Turkey in 2010. Google will not kill you.

Fine buddy. If you want to ignore history, carry on. India was never a satellite state of USSR. Just a friend and supplier of weapons because US started giving Pakistan military equipment and aid.

I rest my case. India is a nation with little influence in the region, leave alone Asia or world.

I never called India a satellite state, just that it is not a major player and a simple google search will show you there were other countries besides India who were involved in NAM. So trying to take all the credit for it is just self-adulatiion.

Back
Top Bottom