What's new

Pakistan risks sanctions over Iran gas deal: WSJ

Amreeka is now saying that it will be Good for Pakistan not to go ahead with sanctioned Iran!!!!:lol:

Now says it wants to help Pak on energy crisis :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Cheapness of American or i should say latest American Freakshow....:rofl:

Sanctions on pakistan .......
no more International banking for pakistan banks ......
Support for international terrorism and its financing collapse...
World peace possible

Go Iran :yahoo:

:partay::partay:

LOL!!! Internet Hindu........ Nice to meet you

Saying is different from doing - in politics people say many things they have no intention of carrying through

Tomorrow if the Iranian and the US make a breakthrough, well, things can be different and US interests may be among those who will seek to invest in the pipe line and instead of going to China, it will most certainly go to India

Wishful thinking, the Indians do not trust their energy sources going through Pakistan and neither should Pakistan offer them a transit route anyway. Plus if it ever came down to China or India, rest assured the pipeline would be headed to China.

Well US is going to put every trick to pressure Pakistan. I don'know why people think US and EU are dying, they are still a major ally of eastern nations and still have serious power except over Russia and China.

Now there are three key players -
US led EU.
China
Russia-India

Afghanistan and Pakistan are on crossroad. Iran already suffering due to this imbalance.

There are only three key players US,Russia, and China. I know you guys like flattering yourselves but India's influence only goes as far as it is willing to allow itself to be used to balance the Chinese. How far would Russia go for India? Sure they will veto stuff for you but if that is what it takes to be a "key player" than Pakistan is right up there along with the Chinese.

US pressure can’t bust IP gasline
Disregarding risks of US sanctions, Pakistan Thursday said it would pursue the Iran-Pakistan gas pipeline project that is enormously important for the country.

“Yes, there are some issues, but Pakistan is determined to have this project to meet the national energy needs,” Foreign Office Spokesman Muazzam A Khan said in response to queries during a weekly press briefing.

Mr Khan was asked for his comments on a Wall Street Journal report that Pakistan risks imposition of stringent US and UN sanctions if proposed Iran-Pakistan pipeline deal goes through.

“We are least bothered about the US position. Our position about the proposed project is very clear that it was in the best national interest of the country,” the spokesman said. He conceded that Pakistan has an understanding or arrangement with the US and Nato that all of their supplies will pass through Pakistan.

On drone attacks, he said Pakistan’s stance is very clear. “We consider them illegal and counterproductive and a violation of our sovereignty. It has been a constant topic of discussions with the Americans at all levels. We hope that we would be able to resolve this issue bilaterally,” he added.

Answering another question, he said that Afghanistan has assured Pakistan that it would hand over senior Pakistani Taliban commander Maulvi Faqir Muhamamd, who was arrested in Afghan province of Nangarhar.

He said Foreign Minister Hina Rabbani Khar had talked to her Afghan counterpart Zulmay Rasool and demanded Afghan government hand over Maulvi Faqir and other terrorists wanted for their involvement in terrorist activities in Pakistan.

He also hoped that all those engaged in anti-Pakistan activities while being in Afghanistan would be captured and handed over to Pakistan.

When his attention was drawn towards trilateral meeting of India, US and Afghanistan held in New Delhi on Tuesday, he said that Pakistan was totally committed to a peaceful Afghanistan.

“Any initiative that would help achieve this objective, we support it. Let me state it very clearly that any initiative taken in this regard should be solely focused on this very objective, i.e. peace, stability and prosperity of Afghanistan.,” he added.

To another question, he said that Foreign Office has written a letter to the government of UAE on the instructions of the Supreme Court for extradition of former Ogra chief Tauqir Sadiq who is wanted for his involvement in a huge corruption scandal.

US pressure can

US cautions Islamabad against ‘sanctionbale’ activities

WASHINGTON - Amidst reports of Iran building an oil refinery inside Pakistan and a joint gas pipeline project, the United States on Thursday cautioned Islamabad against activities that are ‘sanctionable’ under US laws, reported a private TV channel.

The US asserted that there are better and more cost-effective ways to address Pakistan’s energy needs. “We’ve made clear to countries around the world, including Pakistan, that we believe that it’s in their interest to avoid activities that could be prohibited by UN sanctions or that could be sanctionable under US law,” State Department spokesperson, Victoria Nuland, told reporters at daily news conference.

US cautions Islamabad against

@KingMamba93 It was Russia that stick its neck out to help India in 1971, when US sent its 7th fleet.

We have much better friends than you have.

Last edited by a moderator:
......, Pakistan Thursday said it would pursue the Iran-Pakistan gas pipeline project that is enormously important for the country....]

It is all pre-election stunt of Gadhari government. At least it seems like so.

You know what they say, Girl and boy haven't consummated the marriage, haven't been to bed yet, and everyone and their Uncle Tom is going mad fighting over the sex of the baby, and what to name him/her.

What should we call this drama by gas starved sex starved group? :lol:

peace

make sure you get all f-16 parts and ammos ,that you paid for.. may be order some extra parts just in case.

Pakistan must not yield to this kind of blackmail. It is a Sovereign right of Pakistan to formulate its own Foreign and Trade Policy. This amounts to encroachment on Pakistan's Sovereignty.

Pakistan must not yield to this kind of blackmail. It is a Sovereign right of Pakistan to formulate its own Foreign and Trade Policy. This amounts to encroachment on Pakistan's Sovereignty.

Cool down bhai. Sit down. Have a drink of cold water please.

You sit in America and know very little my friend. Very very little on this topic.

we haven't even signed the deal and so many Indians and Pakistanis are getting their panties in a bunch.

peace

You sit in America and know very little my friend. Very very little on this topic.

we haven't even signed the deal and so many Indians and Pakistanis are getting their panties in a bunch.

peace

There is not a bigger fool in the world than one with an inflated opinion of one's intellect.

I am getting tired of your narcissistic BS.

You are full of a lot of hot air but make very little sense.

There is not a bigger fool in the world than one with an inflated opinion of one's intellect.

I am getting tired of your narcissistic BS.

You are full of a lot of hot air but make very little sense.

Instead of getting personal, please go and get the deal signed up first.

then we'll see who is filled with hot air and whose panties are in a bunch.

peace

peace

Fauj, what do you think Pakistan should do regarding this pipeline?

Back
Top Bottom