What's new

Pakistan risks sanctions over Iran gas deal: WSJ

Fauj, what do you think Pakistan should do regarding this pipeline?

Build the damn thing if Gadhari government can.

Enough of talking for the last 20 fing years.

It is time for Pakistan gov and intellectual to put up or $hut up.

No need to have mental orgasms every 3 months.

peace

p.s. Pardon me for my fing f-rench. this just makes me mad that people start one pipeline thread every few months and it comes out to be zilch, nada, shunni, a big fat zero filled with hot f@rts.

p.s. Pardon me for my fing f-rench.

Not a problem. :wave:

I don't mind French either.

this just makes me mad that people start one pipeline thread every few months and it comes out to be zilch, nada, shunni, a big fat zero filled with hot f@rts.

Yeah I guess something should be done. If it is going to be built then it should be built, if it is going to be scrapped then it should be scrapped. Either way something has to happen.

Yeah I guess something should be done. If it is going to be built then it should be built, if it is going to be scrapped then it should be scrapped. Either way something has to happen.

We need to learn the Chinese trait of being persistent, and goal oriented.

Not like we are doing now for 20 years. Just empty talk about a virtual pipeline. this pathetic. simply pathetic.

We need to learn the Chinese trait of being persistent, and goal oriented.
Not like we are doing now for 20 years. Just empty talk about a virtual pipeline. this pathetic. simply pathetic.
This is where Pakistan has failed in its friendship with China. You have such a friend still you can't get their help in all sectors.

This is where Pakistan has failed in its friendship with China. You have such a friend still you can't get their help in all sectors.

Actually what you say is the "desi" (Pak-Ind) view of this "friendship".

What we have is bunch of nincompoop Pakistani leftists living in the Mao era and dreaming about "handouts" from China just like the Islamists who used to get handouts from America.

this hand-out mentality must go.

Pakistanis do not need any help from China.

We just need to be like Chinese. hardworking, humble, tourist friendly, open minded about religious stuff and fully involved in global trade.

this set of characteristics is what sets China miles ahead from India and light years ahead of Pakistan.

peace

@KingMamba93 It was Russia that stick its neck out to help India in 1971, when US sent its 7th fleet.

We have much better friends than you have.

Childish comment that doesn't disprove what I have written infact it seems I hit a nerve. The truth hurts anyway what the SOVIETS did in 1971 has nothing to do with Russia today. Soviets were a superpower, Russia is a borderline great power who does not even hold as much influence as the Chinese do today.

Last edited by a moderator:
@FaujHistorian I had written one piece on where Pakistan failed to utilize its relations with US and now China. I know you have to do everything by your own, but taking their help and developing with their consultancy will help them to have their interests meet too.

Gwadar and KKH is important for China, but essentially it will help Pakistan.

Childish comment that doesn't disprove what I have written infact it seems I hit a nerve. The truth hurts anyway what the SOVIETS did in 1971 has nothing to do with Russia today. Soviets were a superpower, Russia is a borderline great power who does not even hold as much influence as the Chinese do today.
Well you should read more about Foreign Policy then. You think India is not a major player in the world just because you hate India.

You have put Emotions over Rationale. I don't blame you.

Out of 7 billion people in the world, 1.2 billion lives in India. Millions of Indians work in West and occupy major positions, businesses and positions in Advance Science and Technological centers and companies.

Not to forget soft power of India.

I know you all will laugh at it, but its the US and West that say India's importance. India got Civil Nuclear deal without signing NPT. India was made exception by US and EU over trading with Iran.

If you think Indian lobby and pressure don't work behind the scene and don't affect Pakistan, then you are missing the entire picture, my dear Friend.

@FaujHistorian I had written one piece on where Pakistan failed to utilize its relations with US and now China. I know you have to do everything by your own, but taking their help and developing with their consultancy will help them to have their interests meet too.

Gwadar and KKH is important for China, but essentially it will help Pakistan.

I mean who can argue against utilizing relations with the big powers. Who in the right mind could.

You and I are on the same page there.

My issue is that Chinese development is no secret. No one has to teach us to be humble, hardworking, Western tourist's friendly (instead of Islamist terrorist friendly), socially and religiously open minded, and fully involved in global trade.

The day we fix our house, the only thing we need from Chinese is a big high five.

that's all.

Fear is No Policy
Surrender is NO Option
Foreign policy is not forum. Always count in the direct and indirect, short term and long term effects of decisions a country take regarding other country or group of countries.

One has to be diplomatic, believe in game theory not zero-sum game, be rational than emotional.

Well you should read more about Foreign Policy then. You think India is not a major player in the world just because you hate India.

Out of 7 billion people in the world, 1.2 billion lives in India. Millions of Indians work in West and occupy major positions, businesses and positions in Advance Science and Technological centers and companies.

I know you all will laugh at it, but its the US and West that say India's importance. India got Civil Nuclear deal without signing NPT. India was made exception by US and EU over trading with Iran.

If you think Indian lobby and pressure don't work behind the scene and don't affect Pakistan, then you are missing the entire picture, my dear Friend.

Tell me one friend of Pakistan which is not a good friend or trying to come in good books of India. Just one friend.

Not as plane & simple as you positioned, tell me how many countries would come forward at the time of crisis to actually help India then I would quote you the late ex NSA, Brijesh Mishra..

Not as plane & simple as you positioned, tell me how many countries would come forward at the time of crisis to actually help India then I would quote you the late ex NSA, Brijesh Mishra..
Buddy, Allies of Pakistan being neutral in case of crisis is important. Look at KSA who handed over Abu Jundal. Tell me, 10 years ago, would have thought they will do that ? They used to fund Mujaheedins against India may be they still do. But there is change of stance. Look at Afghanistan. Yes there are people against India there, but we have more friends in Afghanistan too.

I am not saying they support us all the way.

Do you know who informed Americans about Kargil ?

US, China etc. all have their national interest with f-Pak region too. Expecting 100% cooperation is idiotic. Even US don't expect us to do the same. Iran case is in front of you.

Tell me one friend of Pakistan which is not a good friend or trying to come in good books of India. Just one friend.

You are missing the point. Yes countries are willing to enhance trade ties with India but that doesn't mean anything besides the fact that you guys have a good economy. You got civil unclear deal in exchange for leaving the ipi pipeline which had more to do with isolating Iran than your foreign policy. Same thing with the Saudis they are shtscared of Iran and so are trying to butter you guys up to pry you away from them. It not working was another story entirely, as for the investment they are looking out for their interests by trying to diversify their economy. As for your lobby I am sure it is working day and night but so is every other country who has citizens in the US especially. If India is a major player tell me one instance where it has actually altered global affairs, just one.

buddy, Allies of Pakistan being neutral in case of crisis is important. Look at KSA who handed over Abu Jundal. Tell me, 10 yers ago, would they have done that ? They used to fund Mujaheedins against India. But there is change of stance. Look at Afghanistan. Yes there are people against India there, but we have more friends in Afghanistan too.

I am not saying they support us all the way. Do you know who informed Americans about Kargil ?

Saudis are only being nice because they are trying to isolate Iran. Once the the Iranian situation is resolved we can really see how committed they are until then they are just posturing.

You are missing the point. Yes countries are willing to enhance trade ties with India but that doesn't mean anything besides the fact that you guys have a good economy. You got civil unclear deal in exchange for leaving the ipi pipeline which had more to do with isolating Iran than your foreign policy. Same thing with the Saudis they are shtscared of Iran and so are trying to butter you guys up to pry you away from them. It not working was another story entirely, as for the investment they are looking out for their interests by trying to diversify their economy. As for your lobby I am sure it is working day and night but so is every other country who has citizens in the US especially. If India is a major player tell me one instance where it has actually altered global affairs, just one.
audis are only being nice because they are trying to isolate Iran. Once the the Iranian situation is resolved we can really see how committed they are until then they are just posturing.
This is called Foreign Policy. This is Diplomacy.

We left IPI but got more, CND. Quid Pro Quo.

Pakistan uses its strategic location, India has to use its Economy and human resources.

See my point is India will keep delaying and raising hurdles for Pakistan. More than that, we can't do anything.

Non-Alignment Movement ? Remember ? We gave countries a thrid option during Cold war.

That time we even didn't have good economy. We have been altering Global affairs since after few years of our inception.

Back
Top Bottom