What's new

Pakistan rise, India drop in ICC Test rankings

I really doubt if people in Pakistan are as interested in cricket as they were some time back. Cricket is sharply losing its fan following here.

Pakistan v India test series is needed

hopefully other games will be replacing cricket as the main entertainment sport of indians, this is quite evident wen we look at the incresing craze for the new league games like pro kabadi and isl.

ICC Test Championship
16 September 2014

South Africa
Australia
England
Sri Lanka
India
Pakistan
New Zealand
West Indies
Zimbabwe
Bangladesh

ICC ODI Championship
24 October 2014

South Africa
Australia
India
Sri Lanka
England
Pakistan
New Zealand
WestIndies
Bangladesh
Zimbabwe
Afghanistan
Ireland

ICC Twenty20 Championship
5 October 2014

Sri Lanka
India
South Africa
Pakistan
Australia
New Zealand
WestIndies
England
Ireland
Bangladesh
Netherlands
Afghanistan
Zimbabwe
Scotland

Heck we suck in Test cricket for sure :pissed:

It's not that, but more like India's away record is pathetic, given the number of games they play all year round.

Dhoni hatao test cricket bachao. The worst test captain I have ever seen in my life. Surprisingly he is a good limited over captain. But the guy has no understanding of test cricket. As long as he captains India, they are only going to go down, especially overseas tours.

Test cricket is the purest of cricket. No other sport has such format where a game is played for 5 days, and the result can still end in a draw.

Test cricket is a different ball park.

Thanks to ICC and more like, India, for ruining cricket with fake cricket called T20. Sachin, Dravid, VVS, Ganguly, they didn't become what they are by playing shyt limited overs. It's the Test match that hones your skills.

hopefully other games will be replacing cricket as the main entertainment sport of indians, this is quite evident wen we look at the incresing craze for the new league games like pro kabadi and isl.

The craze will be there for anything that the media highlights, but even today, cricket gets the most recognition in south asia. You cannot replace it, not in the next 10 years at least.

Test cricket is the purest of cricket. No other sport has such format where a game is played for 5 days, and the result can still end in a draw.
Test cricket is a different ball park.
Sachin, Dravid, VVS, Ganguly, they didn't become what they are by playing shyt limited overs. It's the Test match that hones your skills.

Thank you for your information. (Could have also said no sh!t Sherlock but chose to be civil) :P

Thanks to ICC and more like, India, for ruining cricket with fake cricket called T20.

That is BS. India and most of the top teams play more test cricket than they did before. In the 1990s India played about 70 test matches in 10 years whereas in the 2000s they played about 100. The future tours to/from India against the top teams contain more test matches.

Thank you for your information. (Could have also said no sh!t Sherlock but chose to be civil) :P

That is BS. India and most of the top teams play more test cricket than they did before. In the 1990s India played about 70 test matches in 10 years whereas in the 2000s they played about 100. The future tours to/from India against the top teams contain more test matches.

It does, but then players who are supposed to get the required future experience in Test, end up playing limited overs. Since Test is no longer 'glamourous' they tend to choose the quick, spicy limited overs, to earn those $$$s.

It does, but then players who are supposed to get the required future experience in Test, end up playing limited overs. Since Test is no longer 'glamourous' they tend to choose the quick, spicy limited overs, to earn those $$$s.

Let me reiterate that your initial claim is baseless. The simple fact that India play more test cricket now than they did 15-20 years ago negates your claim. Consequently the players these days are actually playing more test cricket than before. Just check how long it took for someone like Tendulkar to play his first 100 test matches. He started playing test cricket regularly since 1989 and played his 100th test 13 years later in 2002. Then check his next hundred tests, he completed the next 100 tests in about 10 years considering the breaks due to injury. The same is true for the current players too. They play a lot of test cricket.

Now let's talk about the glamour part. Except in England and to some extent Australia, test cricket does not draw big crowds anywhere else in the world. It is not BCCI's fault that people don't come to see test cricket. If you look at the business dynamics, the limited over matches are actually financing test cricket. T20s have now become a necessary evil to keep the game rich. Otherwise test cricket will also suffer. Personally I don't even watch domestic T20s yet I have no option but to accept the reality.

The craze will be there for anything that the media highlights, but even today, cricket gets the most recognition in south asia. You cannot replace it, not in the next 10 years at least.

no wer i said cricket wl be replaced by other games jst tat it doesn't excite people as it used to be... ( though an india vs pakistan match wil be an exception)

ICC Test Championship
16 September 2014

South Africa
Australia
England
Sri Lanka
India
Pakistan
New Zealand
West Indies
Zimbabwe
Bangladesh

ICC ODI Championship
24 October 2014

South Africa
Australia
India
Sri Lanka
England
Pakistan
New Zealand
WestIndies
Bangladesh
Zimbabwe
Afghanistan
Ireland

ICC Twenty20 Championship
5 October 2014

Sri Lanka
India
South Africa
Pakistan
Australia
New Zealand
WestIndies
England
Ireland
Bangladesh
Netherlands
Afghanistan
Zimbabwe
Scotland

Heck we suck in Test cricket for sure :pissed:
Once few of the ace players like Dhoni, Rains, Dhawan are caught red handed betting that will also impact India's rating. Chairman say lay k players tuk khoob site kehltay hain.

Pakistan beats Australia, but ends up beating India as well.

What the heck?

:pakistan::rofl:

Please . Do not always drag India in everything . Keep sports out of war . And learn to score 2 runs in 6 balls . :crazy: I do agree we are sucking in test now but ODI is going great . Interested to see what happens in 2015 WC , but I assume it'll be a game of AU, NZ and SA this time .

Back
Top Bottom