What's new

Pakistan reveals defence spending

Sorry, given that the number was not in the quote, I thought the refrence was for a different subject.

Not really in Pakistan, a army servicemen can take positions in civilian government as well, without check's and balances there is no real end to how deep their salaries are, but Honorable CoAS Kiyani saab has called back all army personnel. Its interesting what you can pick up from "Military Inc." (I placed a quote however I feel there is better one so Ill post it later on.)

you must feel disgusted of splashing mud on Military generals just for the sake of your political differences! If generals were multimillionaires why dont i see built proof Mercedes Benz, BMW for their sons or living over seas?
This pakistani traitor Asyea sadique is over estimating their income and actually their worth at the end of retirement is close to $3-4 million including properties and other benefits. serving generals income is nowhere close to a thounsand dollars!
God may shed some lights on you and bring you out of PPP box!
:pakistan:

you must feel disgusted of splashing mud on Military generals just for the sake of your political differences! If generals were multimillionaires why dont i see built proof Mercedes Benz, BMW for their sons or living over seas?
This pakistani traitor Asyea sadique is over estimating their income and actually their worth at the end of retirement is close to $3-4 million including properties and other benefits. serving generals income is nowhere close to a thounsand dollars!

Where do your figures come from?

Where do your figures come from?

Its a well know fact and if you are even interested in pak military you might have know it.. and by the way my figures do not come from a mentally retarded women who ran away to UK to wright a joke book with her indian friends to gain some public attention..

Its a well know fact and if you are even interested in pak military you might have know it.. and by the way my figures do not comes from a mentally retarded women who ran away to UK to wright a joke book with her indian friends to gain some public attention..

Ill tell you the official figure, "A general may have as much as $10 million worth of public land by the time he retires." That's just the land, if you carry you might lose yourself.

The figure you gave is probably how much worth his swimming pool is.

Rs 1.5bn spent on Musharraf’s foreign visits, NA told

Thursday, April 24, 2008

By Rauf Klasra

ISLAMABAD: President General Pervez Musharraf and his wife had spent Rs1.5 billion from national kitty on their foreign trips during the last five years, Foreign Minister Shah Mahmood Qureshi disclosed in the National Assembly on Wednesday.

Qureshi also disclosed that the president took at least 1,325 visitors along with him in 37 trips since February 2003. Musharraf's visit to the USA to attend the book launching ceremony of his autobiography "In the Line of Fire" turned out be the most expensive trip, as it cost Rs227 million.

Likewise, Musharraf's desperate visit to Abu Dhabi to hold a historic meeting with the late Benazir Bhutto on July 26 2007 to seek her help after restoration of the chief justice of Pakistan on July 20, cost Rs15 million as the president took 43 people along with him.

Musharraf paid eight visits to Saudi Arabia in these five years, and Rs142 million were spent on his these trips where he also performed Umrah. The latest trip of Musharraf to the European countries cost the nation Rs146 million amid the confirmation of British foreign office that the president himself had expressed the wish to visit London as no official request was extended from the host country. In the same trip, Musharraf stayed at a hotel in London on Park Lane where one night room rent was Rs1.8 million.

In these five years, President Musharraf visited a total of 80 foreign countries and the USA, Saudi Arabia and the UK were the most visited destinations. The president paid six official visits to the USA which were made in the name of improving bilateral relationship between the two states.

The most expensive trip in the history of Pakistan was made to Belgium, Cuba, the USA and the UK where Musharraf along with 52 entourage spent Rs227 million within 16 days. Earlier, PML-N MNA Raja Mohammad Asad Khan had asked the foreign minister to give the details of President Musharraf's visits abroad during the period from January 2003 to February 2008 along with the expenditures incurred and the names of entourage of those visits separately along with the reasons of nominations.

Talking to The News, MNA Raja Asad said that he was surprised to see the details of the foreign trips of Musharraf. He said this was the taxpayers money and was spent in such a manner which had greatly disappointed him.

The major beneficiary of these foreign trips after Musharraf were the personal staff of the president, who accompanied him almost on every visit. Personal and security staff always exceeded the official members of such trips.

Sheikh Rashid Ahmad accompanied Musharraf more than any minister as he was with him for eight times. Followed by the minister, Sumaira Malik went with Musharraf five times and Hina Rabbani Khar to four visits.

According to other details, Musharraf spent Rs21 million on his trip to Russia, Rs22 million to Malaysia, Rs7.4 million to Saudi Arabia, Rs17.2 million on the USA, UK, Germany and France, Rs28 million on Tunisia, Algeria, Rabat, Rs38 million to the USA, Canada, Rs33 million to Malaysia, Rs28 million to China, Korea, Rs29 million to Turkey, Switzerland, Saudi Arabia, Rs12 million to Sweden, Finland, Azerbaijan, Turkey, Rs31 million to USA, Netherlands, Italy, Rs60 million to UAE Rs5 million to Afghanistan, Rs90 million to Kyrgzsatan, Uzbekistan, Rs20 million to India, Indonesia, Philippines, Rs37 million to UAE and Qatar, Rs9 million to Australia and New Zealand, Rs40 million to New York Tampa, Rs53 million to Saudi Arabia, Rs11.4 million to Kuwait, Yeman, Saudi Arabia, Rs1 million to Switzerland, Norway, Dubai Rs45 million to China, Rs168 million to UAE, Rs0.3 million to Afghanistan Rs3.4 million to Belgium, Cuba, the USA, UK Rs227 million to Jordan, Syria, Egypt and Saudi Arabia Rs54 million to Indonesia, Malaysia, Rs56 million to Iran and Turkey, Rs11 million to Spain, Poland, Bosnia and Turkey, Rs44 million to Saudi Arabia and UAE, Rs14 million to Afghanistan, and lately his trip to France, Switzerland, the UK and Belgium cost Rs146 million.

Interceptor,

I feel there is confusion and distortion (not necessarily deliberate) in how you are describing the pay scale.

Where in "black and white" is the annual salary of a PA General a million dollars annually?

Net worth at retirement is a different issue, and a different claim, so I feel you need to clear both up.

On the net worth after retirement, aren't most of the assets of the Generals (plots what have you) from the resources of the Army itself, through the various businesses it runs?

I am not sure how the land the Military owns is acquired. You would have to clarify that as well.

If a large part of the "retirement perks" that Generals get are funded through the businesses the Army runs, then that is legitimate spending. The subject of whether or not the Army should be involved in business is a different debate, and their involvement in business is not automatically a negative thing.

The recent package announced by Kiyani for improving the welfare of the average soldier and their families is being funded out of the Army's own resources after all, most likely from those very businesses.

^

Some one up for some NAB.

You have to show they were trips made in violation of the rules.

You may not like who he takes along with him or how many, but unless there is a legal restriction on those, this is nothing but a witch hunt.

This is why people get sick of the political parties, you are doing nothing but dredging up useless statistics and distorting them to imply that Musharraf committed some crime.

If you are going to imply criminal activity, I want to see the relevant law that is being broken as well.

Focus on the future and how the GoP is going to fix things, instead of indulging in pointless witch hunts.

You have to show they were trips made in violation of the rules.

You may not like who he takes along with him or how many, but unless there is a legal restriction on those, this is nothing but a witch hunt.

This is why people get sick of the political parties, you are doing nothing but dredging up useless statistics and distorting them to imply that Musharraf committed some crime.

If you are going to imply criminal activity, I want to see the relevant law that is being broken as well.

Focus on the future and how the GoP is going to fix things, instead of indulging in pointless witch hunts.

First of all I feel you must calm the tone as it was a mere joke I made, the NAB institute as I understand has been closed by the previous government, so chill :D I might be a critic of the establishment and Mr Musharraf but I too hate finger pointing, what I showed is what is legitimized under the constitution, the freedom of information act, I see this information as useful to the current debate, as by that intention did I post it, you are the regulator of peace and coherence in this forum, if you see this out of context then identify.

These visits helped him to put Pakistan back on track and resulted in approx $15 billion in FDI during his "good seven years".

Well done Mr President, it was worth every paisa! :pakistan:

Actually, I have met the sons of Pakistani Generals going to US colleges that cost 30,000-40,000 a year.. Of course 1-2 cases does not mean anything, but you do run across them in US Engineering colleges or in the UK law colleges. Also, plenty of people in the US are worth 3-4 million dollars at retirement if they invest wisely, but that money has to last 10-20 years, so they don't waste it on frivolous things like bullet proof BMW's.... Any personal observation without fact to back it up can be countered by other personal observations without fact to back it up... I hope you see my point?

These visits helped him to put Pakistan back on track and resulted in approx $15 billion in FDI during his "good seven years".

Well done Mr President, it was worth every paisa! :pakistan:

Mr Qureshi has conveniently forgotten how in the first visit of the now Shaheed Benazir to USA 200 people accompanied her including her sister and Brother in law.It is funny hoow these facts can always be distorted afterwards. Ialso think that the tendency to do Umra on state money should be banned. If you want to do Umra do it at your own expense.
Araz

Back
Top Bottom