What's new

Pakistan renews security assurance to Saudi Arabia

On 19 November 2010 Iran's Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei appealed to Muslims worldwide to back the freedom struggle in Jammu and Kashmir, equating the dispute with the ongoing conflicts of the Greater Middle East region.

Iran played an important role in the Indo-Pakistani war of 1965, providing Pakistan with nurses, medical supplies, and a gift of 5,000 tons of petroleum. Iran also indicated that it was considering an embargo on oil supplies to India for the duration of the fighting. The Indian government believed that Iran had blatantly favored Pakistan.After the suspension of United States military aid to Pakistan, Iran was reported to have purchased ninety Sabre jet fighter planes from West Germany, and to have sent them on to Pakistan.

A serious military cooperation between took place during the Balochistan insurgency phases against the aremd seperatist movement in 1974–77.Around ~100,000 Pakistan and Iranian troops were involved in quelling the separatist organisations in Balochistan and successfully put the resistance down in 1978–80. In May 2014, the two countries agreed to joint operations against terrorists and drug traffickers in the border regions.( give 5 10 more years and credit will be given to house of Saud by servents in Pakistan).

The Frontiers of Pakistan

Iran was the first country to recognize Pakistan as an independent state, and shah of Iran was the first Head of State to come on a state visit to Pakistan in March 1950"

https://books.google.ca/books?id=FP... support to pakistan on kashmir issue&f=false

Read the above link.

lolz.. I know the history of Iran-Pakistan Relation.. I'm talking about after Iranian revolution..
even after few day when Iran absent herself during UN voting to save india from being sanctioned by UN in 1994..
Supreme leader of Iran issue statement in favor of Kashmiri people..

it;s nothing new here.. Supreme leader issues statement in favor of kashmir people against the oppressor and offically Iran support India in every matter..

sir if this is the case i'am with you on this issue

Hi,

It was---saudi arabia and emirates---Oman---Qatar & Bahrain had their nations security presented on platter to us last year---. Only that Gen Raheel Shareef could not comprehend that Allah has given him the multi billion dollar jackpot---and he squandered it.

Who do you think would have more say and would get more benefits---you with 100k troops or somepone else---?

Hi,

You should thank Allah that even with all the set backs---your motherland is looked UP by many of your brethren for their security.

Isn't that a great reward a good muslim would ask from Allah---and isn't it a great reward by Allah given onto you so that you can help your needy friends.

For me---it a matter of pride and honor when a poor country like mine is asked to provide security and defence for the rich---.

You should have read your history---it is an East India Company moment for pakistan.

Do not reject Allah's graces and rewards---those who do---suffer greatly---.

Sir,

All the weapons procured by pakistan from saudi or emirati funds will be used against any enemy that pakistan sees fit to use against.

Nailed it brother ... good going ...and i m agreed

Hi,

You should thank Allah that even with all the set backs---your motherland is looked UP by many of your brethren for their security.

Isn't that a great reward a good muslim would ask from Allah---and isn't it a great reward by Allah given onto you so that you can help your needy friends.

For me---it a matter of pride and honor when a poor country like mine is asked to provide security and defence for the rich---.

You should have read your history---it is an East India Company moment for pakistan.

Do not reject Allah's graces and rewards---those who do---suffer greatly---.

Whatever has fallen upon Saudis is because of their own ills. They exported terorism that now plagues the entire globe hile they sat comfortable in their houses. There is nothing pridefull or absolving in helping saudis as they will not help you as well. I believe you are talking about times when rich saudi was one who had a camel for transport. Saudi Arbia of present is materialistic racist and arrogant so i dont know what blessing we will gain by helping those who treat Pakistanis like animals in their country. Saudis provide better food to their dog than Pakistanis they employ.

Whatever has fallen upon Saudis is because of their own ills. They exported terorism that now plagues the entire globe hile they sat comfortable in their houses. There is nothing pridefull or absolving in helping saudis as they will not help you as well. I believe you are talking about times when rich saudi was one who had a camel for transport. Saudi Arbia of present is materialistic racist and arrogant so i dont know what blessing we will gain by helping those who treat Pakistanis like animals in their country. Saudis provide better food to their dog than Pakistanis they employ.

Hi,

What has befallen them is not of issue---. I care less about their arrogance or ignorance----.

what I care is if there is a way to have a 100-150 k army well equipped stationed in 5-6 different places in the gulf states.

It was---saudi arabia and emirates---Oman---Qatar & Bahrain had their nations security presented on platter to us last year--

Mastankhan, they offered no such deal, what they did ask was for our military to go and kill people of (simplified) Yemen and destroy a nation that has done nothing wrong to us.

As far as their security is concerned 1000s upon 1000 of Westren soldiers are stationed in these countries to protect king and queens.

Only that Gen Raheel Shareef could not comprehend that Allah has given him the multi billion dollar jackpot---and he squandered it.

Killing and destroying another nation to please Arabs is Allah will?

Who do you think would have more say and would get more benefits---you with 100k troops or someone else---?

Well since These kings and queens are Westren assets plus western nations have their military bases thought out the region to protect their assets those benefits will still go to them.

Saudis should handover Hejaz to a coalition of Muslim forces. Any non-wahabi preacher cannot even deliver sermon in that areas and all responsibility lies on wahabi extremist mullahs. Their founding fathers declared all Muslims as kafirs and killed them for capturing Hejaz.

Daesh is following the ideology of Najdi invaders. There is no ideological difference. The concept of "QITAAL" is being practiced by salafi/wahabi terrorist organizations all over the world in which they kill millions of Muslims to impose a specific version of their own "Islam". TTP, Al-Qaeda, Boko Haram Daesh are same people!

Hi,

What has befallen them is not of issue---. I care less about their arrogance or ignorance----.

what I care is if there is a way to have a 100-150 k army well equipped stationed in 5-6 different places in the gulf states.
We all know what happened to the strategic depth we created in Afghanistan. If the military establishment is smarter, which I very much doubt, it will stay away from the sectarian bloodbath in the Middle East.

We are a third world country with meager resources. 150 k troops stationed abroad is nothing more than a wet dream. We couldn't even do it in East Pakistan which was our own land.

Punching above one's weight can never have positive outcomes. We have been learning a bloody lesson everyday since the stupidity of strategic depth.

Some might term this as pessimism or lack of confidence, but I call it cautiousness.

We all know what happened to the strategic depth we created in Afghanistan. If the military establishment is smarter, which I very much doubt, it will stay away from the sectarian bloodbath in the Middle East.

We are a third world country with meager resources. 150 k troops stationed abroad is nothing more than a wet dream. We couldn't even do it in East Pakistan which was our own land.

Punching above one's weight can never have positive outcomes. We have been learning a bloody lesson everyday since the stupidity of strategic depth.

Some might term this as pessimism or lack of confidence, but I call it cautiousness.

Hi,

Sometimes I wonder if some of you guys are really the sons and daughters of invaders and warriors of the sub-continent.

Pakistani forces in that region would have had a sobering effect in the region---. It is not a boxing match where you are worried about going toe to toe with an opponent.

The region was well within our range of experience to take charge.

Mastankhan, they offered no such deal, what they did ask was for our military to go and kill people of (simplified) Yemen and destroy a nation that has done nothing wrong to us.

As far as their security is concerned 1000s upon 1000 of Westren soldiers are stationed in these countries to protect king and queens.

Killing and destroying another nation to please Arabs is Allah will?

Well since These kings and queens are Westren assets plus western nations have their military bases thought out the region to protect their assets those benefits will still go to them.

Hi,

They did not have to offer any deal---they made a request to us---it was upto us to ask for the deal---/

Blind spots..often don't let see the obvious. PK is a central Asian and ME power. Even in present force formations it can be a garantour of security in ME. Requires paradigm shift.

One being foreign doesn't know this brotherhood business between PK & ME, but by not actively becoming a security garanatour for ME will be a big strategic mistake.

Such effort must have blessiing of both US and China though. Otherwise, President Nixxon's assessment of South Asian might become valide again.

Now on practical side of things... PK needs to station all five elements of its forces in the region under its command.

Such hughe undertaking requires financing hence the 10% of the budget of ME must come PK way. And in order to make this arrangement practical... PK MBT and JF and its off springs must find there way in ME must be manned by PK forces.

Security is not only military in its essence. Those trillions swimming around must find there way to a % in your economy as well. Thiis requires a grand bargain. The question is do you have people to be architect of this.

Now to make things urgent...US congress will release 28 pages... regardless of truth American families will sue SA.

This will not be pretty. PK need strategists not bravehearts. But first and far most is the realisation of estimation of your national sense. Always crooning about money and corruption chips aways your national spirit. You ruled South Asia for 1000 years.

Being a major Muslim military power Pakistan Army shall play a great role in defending Saudi Arabia just like in the Gulf War...

Hi,

They did not have to offer any deal---they made a request to us---it was up to us to ask for the deal---/

Yes and the request was to go kill and destroy another nation on our (Saudis) behalf. How do you ask for a deal in this?

Our foreign policy should be to stay neutral and grow our economy, only way we can do that, if we export manufactured goods and services which does not include shipping out killers for hire.

Yes and the request was to go kill and destroy another nation on our (Saudis) behalf. How do you ask for a deal in this?

Our foreign policy should be to stay neutral and grow our economy, only way we can do that, if we export manufactured goods and services which does not include shipping out killers for hire.

Hi,

Because that nation was being instigated by the top trouble maker of the world " iran ". Neutrality is for cowards.

Was Muhammad Bin Qasim a killer for---or was Yousuf Bin Tashfeen---or was Tarqiq Bin Ziyyad----they all fit the killers for hire---mercenaries---loot plunder and maal a ghanimat rewards

Hi,

It was---saudi arabia and emirates---Oman---Qatar & Bahrain had their nations security presented on platter to us last year---. Only that Gen Raheel Shareef could not comprehend that Allah has given him the multi billion dollar jackpot---and he squandered it.

Who do you think would have more say and would get more benefits---you with 100k troops or somepone else---?
Hey Mastaan,
Basically Pakistanis are emtional nation ( I hope you can read what I can what to say here without hurting the glass-hearts filled with emotions here). We swing from one extreme to another. Right now the passions are anti-KSA and Khaleej since they are considered to be responsbile for all our failures and in the process we chose to overlook their favours in the time of distress...You know we Pakistanis NEVER make mistakes and that's why we are where we are and anyone who tells otherwise is a traitor. It is always some external power who is responsible for the 70 yrs of mess in our country and, right now, our favorites are KSA, Khaleej, and USA and that's an easy way for us to offload the onus of our responsibilities on their shoulders.
All of sudden we turn into angels and doves and including myself.

Those who violated basics of humanity in Yemen, funded countless extremist organizationsh around the world now needs protection from Pakistan?
You can't blame them alone as Iran is also on same path but perhaps our sectarian thinking has made us blind. Before any troll let me clear you that I consider my self as Sunni-Hanfi neither Shia nor Wahabi so pleas ecome out of your circles and study other sects.

Do Sunni Muslims get better treatment in Iran? How many Sunni Muslims of Pak are working in our so called brotherly country of Iran. To me both countries are equally responsible for bloodshed either it is Lebanon our Syria. Even Iraq is latest example of worst sectarian violence confessed by Iraq Govt and USA.

Back
Top Bottom