What's new

Pakistan Records Highest Ever Exports for December

What program is this? I wanna watch it in full.
Maybe I'm wrong but what I'm noticing is that PTI and its supporters are doing what Musharraf, PPP and PML-N supporters before them did... misrepresent facts.

You guys are all looking at this without context. Otherwise people post something like the graphic below outlining the country's GDP growth rate and it doesn't look so good for Khan and the PTI:
GDP-PAKISTAN-2020-21.jpeg

From 2000-2018 Pakistan experienced an average yearly export growth of 6.8%. However, from 2009-2018 we experienced a measly ~3% yearly export growth.

There's been an increase in exports since 2019 but according to official GoP data it also grew 5.48% in December 2018 vs December 2017and 14.81% in December 2017 vs December 2016.
http://www.commerce.gov.pk/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/Trade-Stats-July-December-2018-19.pdf
http://www.commerce.gov.pk/wp-content/uploads/pdf/Trade-Stats-FY-2017-18-July-Dec.pdf

Furthermore, a lot of people are comparing Khan and the PTI's "successes" to those of previous governments without actually taking into account the impact oil prices, the rupee devaluation, TTP terrorism and Covid19 have had.

For example the average inflation adjusted oil price from 2008-2018 was ~$73/bbl (~$92/bbl from 2008-2013 under the PPP) whereas in 2019 to the first 3 months of 2020 it was ~$45/bbl. That's a 37% decrease from what the previous governments were paying on average (almost 50% less than the cost for oil during the PPP tenure) and considering those oil prices affect some of our largest imports including mineral products which alone accounted for approximately 25% ($14.9 Billion USD) of our total imports in 2018 that's going to result in big savings for the country that previous governments didn't enjoy.
Historical Crude Oil Prices

Furthermore, those high oil prices and lack of installed capacity to produce electricity on demand also affected the cost of electricity which meant Pakistani's were paying 200-300% more per KWh than other nations regionally like Bangladesh and India which impacted our manufacturers ability to compete:
Electricity shock: ‘Pakistanis paying highest tariffs in region’

Also recall the rolling blackouts that Pakistan experienced, some areas up to 20 hours a day, for years while generation capacity was being installed and kept factories idle for large portions of the day which affected their ability to produce on a market of scale making their products less competitive compared to regional competitors like India, Bangladesh and China and reducing demand:
Pakistan Blackouts Power Frustration At Government

Has everyone just forgotten the almost 32% rupee devaluation that's occurred under Khan and the PTI part of an almost 46% overall devaluation that began in 2018? This immediately made our manufactured goods less expensive and more competitive against those from regional rivals and you need to give this to Khan for allowing the devaluation to occur. Why Nawaz Sharif was insistent on keeping the rupee overvalued, probably to garner support from the country's importers, wasn't just inept it was absolutely insane but this isn't some amazing new initiative undertaken by Khan just common sense which Nawaz Sharif lacked.
Traders’ mixed reaction to cases against Nawaz, workers

Did people also forget about TTP attacks that plagued the nation, thanks to Musharraf dragging us into the US' "war of terror" and subsequent governments keeping us in it, all the way until about 2014? This had a MAJOR impact on both foreign and domestic investment and the economy in general which the GoP, Khan and the PTI included, itself states cost the country $123 Billion USD over 16 years:
http://finance.gov.pk/survey/chapters_17/Annex_IV_War.pdf

No one is even mentioning all the money the PTI government has had to borrow, about $26.2 Billion USD, over the last 2 years:
In FY20: Govt gets over $13b in foreign loans

Admittedly this is to pay off the principal and interest on previous loans but many of those loans were also taken to pay for CPEC projects, higher fuel prices to keep the economy going, etc... Further to those loans Khan has taken new loans to increase the foreign exchange reserves that were dangerously low due to the ineptitude of the PML-N government but Khan, like his predecessors, have failed to fix Pakistan's tax collection woes which he promised to address.

I'm certainly glad that Khan and the PTI implemented the Ehsaas program with the picture of Jinnah on the cards and been proactive in identifying who the recipients are to avoid fraud. However, the way it appears to me is this program is a continuation of the same welfare schemes to buy votes utilized by previous PML-N and PPP governments (ex. Benazir Bhutto Income Support Program, huge fuel subsidies, free farm land, etc...):
Some 4,000 farmers to get land in Sindh
Unbudgeted subsidy ruined economy, says minister

Then there's the impact of Covid19 on the economy which alongside a massive crackdown on pollution in China, resulting in over 10,000 factories being shut down in their country, disturbed the global supply chain affecting exports to nations like Pakistan while reducing demand for imports locally. Furthermore, major competitors like India, Bangladesh and China shutting down their economies and particularly their factories while we kept ours open has attracted business to Pakistan:
Bangladesh imposes total lockdown over COVID-19
Coronavirus India Lockdown day 233 live updates | November 14, 2020
China’s Factories Are Reeling From Forced Coronavirus Closures
China Shuts Down Tens Of Thousands Of Factories In Widespread Pollution Crackdown

I will give it to Khan, I'm thankful he did't shut down the economy something I was also campaigning against doing and the fact that the PML-N and PPP wanted to only highlights how utterly inept and incompetent they are.

However, what happens when India and Bangladesh are open for business once again?

We haven't even delved into so many other problems with Khan and the PTI for example:
  1. Pushing aside and abandoning diehard loyalists for old tired trash from the PPP and PML-N
  2. Standing aside to allow terrorists like PTM's Ali Wazir to run uncontested.
  3. Letting Nawaz Sharif leave the country which Khan admits was a mistake.
  4. Not acting against the Aurut March whose organizers have now been identified by Disinfolab's "India Chronicles" report as India's agents of sabotage in Pakistan.
These weren't mistakes, they were stupid choices which went against the advice of virtually everyone that's voted for or supported the PTI so apparently random civilians have more sense than Khan and the PTI.

We can keep going on and on...

Personally Khan and the PTI are a stepping stone onto something better but imo they are not what Pakistan needs or wants long term.

The problem is that he himself has supported terrorists like the PTM and Ali Wazir who he allowed to run uncontested:

Look at the comments on their twitter post, regular everyday Pakistani's that supported him and his party were vehemently against his move but he didn't listen just like he didn't listen regarding Nawaz Sharif.

This isn't a mistake, it's just sheer stupidity.

That wasn't even the first time he's done this he's sympathized with and even supported BLA terrorists in the past including Hyrbyair Marri who he testified in defence of back in 2009 at his trial in London:
I'd do the same as terror suspects, says Imran Khan

He complains about Indian propaganda against Pakistan but fails to act against the very groups and persons involved in it within Pakistan whether it's the World Sindhi Congress or PTM or organizers of the Aurut March.
fact
Gdp growth crashed due to large current account crisis that had led to GDP crashing 10 times before...not one 10 times...

Fact
This happened because PMLN printed fake notes(also known as state bank lending) and destroyed the export sector

Fact
Net result of this boom burst cycle is that bengaldesh gas now per capital 33% higher then pakistan even though it was lower then pakistan in 2008

Fact
Bengaldesh exports were half of pakistan in 2008
In 10 years govt of PPPP-PMLN Coliation (2008-10), PPPP and PMLN their exports are now double of pakistan
Fact
If i print notes(state bank lending) and spend them rapidly i can attain a gdp growth of 20% for one year followed by contraction

Fact
We see this kind of pattern all the time in africa

These are the exporters doing their job

what has Imran done for Pakistan, I will believe he is a capable PM when Imran knits a fabric, colors and prints it, cut it to proper international sizing standards, sews and packages, arranges a buyers outside the country and exports it.

Why weren't they doing their jobs before.?
debt_position.png

So you can find something new for your Bughaz Imran propaganda?

Are you a retard or something? Like seriously, do you write this to anyone who doesn't agree with your views? It's pointless to make bland statements sitting outside Pakistan and not knowing exactly what has been happening here for the last two years.

I didn't want to go on a tangent, but I am being forced to by your ignorant commentary. ok now reply to the following:

Don't comment "Rauf Klasra is patwari thats why he speaks ill of IK". Comment on what has been said not who said it.

I still remember that choona of Asad umar, "paypal bas agalay 2 mah me annay wali hai" and that was said in 2018. 2019 comes, Paypal won't come but we will provide you with alternate payment system, Alipay is coming. Its 2021...

What happened to Sahiwal killers? What happened to police reforms? judicial reforms. Whenever Farogh naseem is asked about it, wo apna choona lagana shro kar deta hai.

What happened to last CCPO? what did he do wrong? Wasn't IK the one who said that this CCPO has my back?

Bhaiya, I don't worship IK, Nawaz or another person. What I highlight are genuine concerns. Andoon(Eggs) se le k chilghoza tuk har cheez tou mehngi hai. Gareeb pehlay 2, 4 paisay joor k new year ki khushi me apnay bachoon k liye koi ada pao(125 gms) chilgozay lay jata tha, bachay bhi kuch ho jatay thay. Abb chalgoozay ka naam suntay he dosra lafz tauba ka atta.

Bhaiya, sirf ammeeron k liye Pakistan nahi bna tha. Just today milk-man gave me the bill and told me that he is increasing the price. Abb uss se bhi behas bunda shroo kar lay kiya? Uss ne bhi guzara karna hai...

Food inflation is what effects the poor the most. Mafias ko control nahi kar skta tou choor day. Corruption buri cheez hai, par incompetency bhi equally buri cheez hai. Ye tou opposition bari kamzor hia, aur iss k pass koi moral ground nahi. Warna yehi kuch agar kisi aur mulk me hota tou opposition k sath loog hotay sarkoon pe.

What I highlight are genuine concerns. Andoon(Eggs) se le k chilghoza tuk har cheez tou mehngi hai. Gareeb pehlay 2, 4 paisay joor k new year ki khushi me apnay bachoon k liye koi ada pao(125 gms) chilgozay lay jata tha, bachay bhi kuch ho jatay thay. Abb chalgoozay ka naam suntay he dosra lafz tauba ka atta.

Bhaiya, sirf ammeeron k liye Pakistan nahi bna tha. Just today milk-man gave me the bill and told me that he is increasing the price. Abb uss se bhi behas bunda shroo kar lay kiya? Uss ne bhi guzara karna hai...

Food inflation is what effects the poor the most. Mafias ko control nahi kar skta tou choor day.
Mafias are inherent part of Pakistani society since its establishment. You thought Imran Khan would get rid of them in 2 years? And then you gave us lesson how things were so great during Nawaz Sharif govt? When low inflation in his term was because of mindless imports and current account deficits. And then you blame Imran Khan for not doing enough when he has paid back 20 billion dollars of debt that Nawaz Sharif govt incurred.
4FEEBA19-5646-4720-81FA-9FD2AE9F6933.jpeg
D69AF1A2-7D7C-42A5-B5CA-295AB5EE16DB.jpeg
47F22378-AABA-4442-8790-C3DBFF222FFE.jpeg
C3AB394D-D87D-4741-87A2-DFEE0EE44AB5.png
CA2F5BC8-73BE-4822-8E85-685B00A63AC9.jpeg
0A089A5B-FFAE-4D8B-B83B-81A1AA49F53F.jpeg

Ye tou opposition bari kamzor hia, aur iss k pass koi moral ground nahi. Warna yehi kuch agar kisi aur mulk me hota tou opposition k sath loog hotay sarkoon pe.
So you thought people would come on streets because of food inflation and then vote for same mafia parties that led to inflation in the first place?

Mafias are inherent part of Pakistani society since its establishment. You thought Imran Khan would get rid of them in 2 years? And then you gave us lesson how things were so great during Nawaz Sharif govt? When low inflation in his term was because of mindless imports and current account deficits. And then you blame Imran Khan for not doing enough when he has paid back 20 billion dollars of debt that Nawaz Sharif govt incurred.
View attachment 702678View attachment 702679View attachment 702680View attachment 702681View attachment 702682View attachment 702683

So you thought people would come on streets because of food inflation and then vote for same mafia parties that led to inflation in the first place?

Same old, copy paste, yup I expected that but I was hoping that I would be wrong. But no. Bhiaya, aieing baien shain nahi. Read the whole comment and come back when you have answers otherwise, don't bother to comment.

Nawaz giya baahrr me, zardari bhi gya bharr, wo tou thay he fraudiye, Imran tou doodh ka dhula huva tha na...

CCPO
Sahiwal killings, OOOO chalo PTI ki hakumat hai, model town k he killers ko saaza dila doo.
Police reforms
Judicial reforms
Action against Sugar mafia (JT)?
Action against his own ministers who were involved in wheat crises.
Bijli choori by raliway employees under sheikh Rasheed ministry, aur usay promote kar diya IM k post pe.
What happened to Shehryar Afridi saying "khuda ki qasam" rana sana ullah k pass heroin/ drugs niklien. What happened to that case?
Paypal, Ali pay, Asad umar.

Kuch nahi buss choona, Awam ko phudo samjha huvay.

Answer nahi hai tou theek hai, but don't reply with the usual BS and number gymnastics. Aisi number gymnastic Ishaq dar bhi karta tha, ye tou wo gya hai tou pata chala huva kiya. Naa me nani mariyam k haami hoon, na hi mujhe billo rani pasand hai, mujhe sirf Pakistan aur Pakistani awm ki fikr hai.

I will re-iterate. Ye tou opposition bari kamzor hia, aur iss k pass koi moral ground nahi. Warna yehi kuch agar kisi aur mulk me hota tou opposition k sath loog hotay sarkoon pe.

Are you a retard or something? Like seriously, do you write this to anyone who doesn't agree with your views? It's pointless to make bland statements sitting outside Pakistan and not knowing exactly what has been happening here for the last two years.

I didn't want to go on a tangent, but I am being forced to by your ignorant commentary. ok now reply to the following:

Don't comment "Rauf Klasra is patwari thats why he speaks ill of IK". Comment on what has been said not who said it.

I still remember that choona of Asad umar, "paypal bas agalay 2 mah me annay wali hai" and that was said in 2018. 2019 comes, Paypal won't come but we will provide you with alternate payment system, Alipay is coming. Its 2021...

What happened to Sahiwal killers? What happened to police reforms? judicial reforms. Whenever Farogh naseem is asked about it, wo apna choona lagana shro kar deta hai.

What happened to last CCPO? what did he do wrong? Wasn't IK the one who said that this CCPO has my back?

Bhaiya, I don't worship IK, Nawaz or another person. What I highlight are genuine concerns. Andoon(Eggs) se le k chilghoza tuk har cheez tou mehngi hai. Gareeb pehlay 2, 4 paisay joor k new year ki khushi me apnay bachoon k liye koi ada pao(125 gms) chilgozay lay jata tha, bachay bhi kuch ho jatay thay. Abb chalgoozay ka naam suntay he dosra lafz tauba ka atta.

Food inflation is what effects the poor the most. Mafias ko control nahi kar skta tou choor day. Corruption buri cheez hai, par incompetency bhi equally buri cheez hai. Ye tou opposition bari kamzor hia, aur iss k pass koi moral ground nahi. Warna yehi kuch agar kisi aur mulk me hota tou opposition k sath loog hotay sarkoon pe.
You killed your argument by bringing in Rauf Klasra in an economy related thread.

Makes perfect sense why you come across so dumb and ignorant.

Also you say 'what has been going in last two years'. Here is a summary for you, maybe I'll manage to dumb it down enough that even YOU can understand.

PTI government achievements

1. Saved country from default
2. Converted a $20b current account deficit into a surplus
3. Large scale manufacturing at highest ever levels in June, Sept, Oct 2020
4. Exports in Dec 2020 highest in a month in the last seven years
5. Stock exchange at highest level in four years
6. Foreign exchange reserves highest level in three years
7. Upgradation of rating by Moody's
8. Almost out of FATF that we were gifted by PML-N

Want me to go on or this much phainti ok for you?

You killed your argument by bringing in Rauf Klasra in an economy related thread.

Makes perfect sense why you come across so dumb and ignorant.

Also you say 'what has been going in last two years'. Here is a summary for you, maybe I'll manage to dumb it down enough that even YOU can understand.

PTI government achievements

1. Saved country from default
2. Converted a $20b current account deficit into a surplus
3. Large scale manufacturing at highest ever levels in June, Sept, Oct 2020
4. Exports in Dec 2020 highest in a month in the last seven years
5. Stock exchange at highest level in four years
6. Foreign exchange reserves highest level in three years
7. Upgradation of rating by Moody's
8. Almost out of FATF that we were gifted by PML-N

Want me to go on or this much phainti ok for you?
Just tell all this to any one on the street and lets see who gets the "phainti". My bad for talking about the poor and lower middle class

Do tell me when was the last time you went out there do get some groceries. Or is it your mom or dad's job to buy stuff for you without knowing the price of things? haha talking about stock market. It' the same mafia that dragged it down to 28k points, now all the rise that are seeing is after that meeting with COAS, do see the upward trend after that meeting. The buisness man got the assurity that no need to worry, it's gonna be all good same as before. It's pointless to talk to a youthia's when their brains are high up in their own as***. The fact is patwari's, youthias, 10%centers bhutto zinda zombie jiyalas, all are the same, either corrupt or incompetent.

Ask them about CCPO answer comes high remittances, ask them about where is paypal/alipay that asad umar promised they tell moody's upgradation. No answers, just whataboutism, don't ask/comment about "B" we are doing good that is "A". What has judicial, police reforms got to do with exports. You brush of the comment by saying Rauf Klasra is biased, ok he is baised. BUT WAS THERE NO SUGAR, WHEAT CRISES?

Refer to post 52 for the list, there might be 1000 other things that I might have missed. And no I am not immature enough to see a reply as "phainti". Mera chachay ka putar na zardari hai, na nawaz na imran, mujhe na koi farq nahi parta Inhain gaalien de k bhi ya dua de k bhi. What matters to me is Pakistan's majority and not the elite.

Sahiwal killings, OOOO chalo PTI ki hakumat hai, model town k he killers ko saaza dila doo.
Police reforms
Judicial reforms
Action against Sugar mafia (JT)?
Action against his own ministers who were involved in wheat crises.
You need majority in both houses for parliament to do meaningful reforms. When did Imran Khan get that? He was blackmailed by opposition to give them NRO when he tried to legislate on FATF.
As for wheat, oil, sugar crises, govt did all the enquiries and made them public, and initiated action. All cases are in the courts now as well as model town case. Can Imran Khan control conduct of courts? So why are you blaming him when judicial system is so slow and ineffective?
What happened to Shehryar Afridi saying "khuda ki qasam" rana sana ullah k pass heroin/ drugs niklien. What happened to that case?
This case is also stuck in Pakistan's lame judicial system
Warna yehi kuch agar kisi aur mulk me hota tou opposition k sath loog hotay sarkoon pe.
And what will the people do in the streets? Force govt to allow unlimited imports to bring down inflation? And this will lead to another current account crisis. Will people on the street fix that crisis?

Shame is that most discussions on Pakistani media is about Bongis of Maryam, Dance of Bilawal Khusri and threats of Diesel.
I hope there is a National Geographic/Discovery type TV channel in Pakistan. I am what I am today only because of the inspirations from these 2 channels in my childhood. God forbid if I was at the helm of Indian entertainment at that time I would have become total disaster like the majority of Pakistani youth.

Force govt to allow unlimited imports to bring down inflation?

Tell me was the wheat, sugar, oil crises unavoidable or not? Or do you NEED TO IMPORT for that. The issue was incompetency in governance. You need mafias under control and not be incompetent enough to get swindled by bureaucracy.

Here is another example, now do tell what was the fault of last CCPO(when IK himself gave assurity of him) and why is he getting replaced by this:

This case is also stuck in Pakistan's lame judicial system
You need majority in both houses for parliament to do meaningful reforms. When did Imran Khan get that? He was blackmailed by opposition to give them NRO when he tried to legislate on FATF.

FATF bill got passed or not? All what is required is THE WILL and honesty. Btw, this excuse won't work anymore after 2 months. It's only months lets see whats going to happen after March. So do tell me whats the next excuse?

This is called beating around the bush or finding excuses. How much more time does he need 5 years 10 years? At first he said give me one year I will turn things around. I said ok lets see how well he does. 2 years have passed and there is no sign of inflation going down. The things I used to buy 2 year ago for 100 Rs are now 200 Rs, and its going up and up. I know value money over time but the rate at which almost every thing is going up is just very drastic( a poor man can't survive).

Can Imran Khan control conduct of courts? So why are you blaming him when judicial system is so slow and ineffective?

Implement judicial, police reforms. Talk less and more work. Ok, just incase tag/bookmark this thread after 3 months there still won't be any change the same blame on opposition will continue, no reforms, no nothing, inflation will still be here and things will continue like this.

Like 2 days ago some minister said there won't be gas load shedding, Literally, right now there is gas load shedding, where I am sitting. Though they changed the timings that work for most people(which is much appreciated), but load shedding is still there.

Here is another example, now do tell what was the fault of last CCPO(when IK himself gave assurity of him) and why is he getting replaced by this:
He is getting replaced because your Patwari Lahore High Court judge wanted him judged for something he said in an interview by the very same Rauf Klasra
FATF bill got passed or not?
It was rejected by the senate because govt refuse to do NAB ammends that would give NRO to corrupt opposition
You need mafias under control and not be incompetent enough to get swindled by bureaucracy.
So if bureaucrats are deliberately giving false information to govt, and govt takes wrong decisions on that information, how can you blame govt for that when corrupt bureaucrats are the culprits?
It's only months lets see whats going to happen after March. So do tell me whats the next excuse?
If govt fails to deliver reforms even after getting majority in senate then there would be no excuse left.
How much more time does he need 5 years 10 years?
At least 5 years as the constitution says. You are judging him after only two years because of Bughaz Imran

Last edited:
He is getting replaced because your Patwari Lahore High Court judge wanted him judged for something he said in an interview by the very same Rauf Klasra
The patwari court only gave observations on the commentary. It was your youthia punjab gov which transferred him.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He instructed the law officer to scrutinise all interviews/media statements of CCPO Sheikh and submit a report to the court.

“No extra constitutional act or a single contemptuous word would be tolerated,” the chief justice reminded the law officer.

The chief justice would resume hearing after winter vacation.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He got transferred before any type of report.
It was rejected by the senate because govt refuse to do NAB ammends that would give NRO to corrupt opposition

It was passed in joint session.

2 years have passed and there is no sign of inflation going down. The things I used to buy 2 year ago for 100 Rs are now 200 Rs, and its going up and up. I know value money over time but the rate at which almost every thing is going up is just very drastic( a poor man can't survive).
You want inflation at 2016 - 2018 levels but you are not gonna get it because Nawaz Sharif era of unchecked imports are not coming back that bankrupted Pakistan
A4F65026-2035-4C13-A86F-532A9EBA06D0.jpeg
0E70FC39-F6C4-4E39-9907-C40F1D575859.jpeg
AB62C944-754D-4D69-82C7-EF99FB838E19.jpeg
04F7428D-9551-4973-82DF-0978A7A739EE.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom