What's new

Pakistan received 5 more F-16s

Please do some research before posting my brother. no offense.

But the 10 ex-peacegate f-16s which we recieved were also part of the US NAVY as aggressor aircrafts. However, they were upgraded and then "released"

errrr..........correction those ten belonged to the USAF aggressor fleet not the navy and hence no fuss while getting them. its the US navy which is crying no game and hence the delays :)

cheers

errrr..........correction those ten belonged to the USAF aggressor fleet not the navy and hence no fuss while getting them. its the US navy which is crying no game and hence the delays :)

cheers

Thanks for the correction, however that still doesnt justify how the 14 block 52s would be in place of the 14 block 15s. I mean consider the Humongous Difference in their price and capability.

We know the PAF is negotiating for those ex peace gate ones. I m pretty positive we ll end up getting them.

We should really ask for cash back with money inflation factor , interest etc

J10B with SD10 would be great plane to add to our Airforce

Just get Cash back for 70-80 fighter planes we were owed

All the money we invested into these deals we can reinvest that into deals fro J10B fighters or SAM purchases -

Or purchase of helicopters for our Forces

attachment.php

We already have thunders , just need J10B :pakistan::china:

I am interested in just getting cash back for any past delayed deals -

Why wait 5 years to get 3-4 planes - just get it from China order 100planes with the cash we are owed we will have the deliveries in 2-3 years with full technical support and modification rights to planes

Step 1 : Get cash back from US
Step 2 : Order with China J10B , 100 planes cash
Step 3 : Send pilots to China for training
Step 4 : Get planes inducted by 2014
Step 5: Send Obama , wheat and milk

12 F-16 Block 52s have arrived; AMRAAMs arrive; US strategic assistance. (Nov 20/10)

On June 28/06, the US DSCA notified Congress via a series of releases of its intention to provide Pakistan with a $5.1 billion Foreign Military Sales package to upgrade the F-16s that serve as the PAF’s top of the line fighters. Some of these items had been put on hold following the October 2005 earthquake in Pakistan & Kashmir, but the request for 36 new F-16 Block 50/52s is now going ahead, along with new weapons, engine modifications, and upgrade kits for Pakistan’s older F-16 A/Bs.
These items are detailed below, along with controversies the proposed sales have created, and some of the conditions attached to the sale by the US government…

Item 1: 36 New F-16 Block 50/52s – $3 billion
Item 2: Weapons for the New F-16s – $650 Million
Item 3: F-16A/B Mid-Life Update Modification Kits – $1.3 billion
Item 4: F-16A/B Engine Modifications & UP/STAR – $151 Million
Deal Updates and Progress [updated]
Potential Controversies (July 5, 2006)

All the money we invested into these deals we can reinvest that into deals fro J10B fighters or SAM purchases -

attachment.php

Why wait 5 years to get 3-4 planes - just get it from China order 100planes with the cash we are owed we will have the deliveries in 2-3 years with full technical support and modification rights to planes

Thats the first picture ive seen of J-10s armed with SD-10! s e x y !

Pakistan should definitely get these beast inducted in their airforce without wasting any further time..

But.. I like your sense of Humor on the CASH BACK part..! lol

hahahaha

J10 look sexy wid SD10 it carrying 6 air to air missiles but what about its LGB ARM or any Standoff weapons what type of air to ground weapons it can carry in strike role. is it better in strike role or Air superiorty role:pakistan::china:

J10 look sexy wid SD10 it carrying 6 air to air missiles but what about its LGB ARM or any Standoff weapons what type of air to ground weapons it can carry in strike role. is it better in strike role or Air superiorty role:pakistan::china:

Please read up on the J-10 forum a little bit before posting.. you may find posts relevant to your query..

12 F-16 Block 52s have arrived; AMRAAMs arrive; US strategic assistance. (Nov 20/10)

On June 28/06, the US DSCA notified Congress via a series of releases of its intention to provide Pakistan with a $5.1 billion Foreign Military Sales package to upgrade the F-16s that serve as the PAF’s top of the line fighters. Some of these items had been put on hold following the October 2005 earthquake in Pakistan & Kashmir, but the request for 36 new F-16 Block 50/52s is now going ahead, along with new weapons, engine modifications, and upgrade kits for Pakistan’s older F-16 A/Bs.
These items are detailed below, along with controversies the proposed sales have created, and some of the conditions attached to the sale by the US government…

Item 1: 36 New F-16 Block 50/52s – $3 billion
Item 2: Weapons for the New F-16s – $650 Million
Item 3: F-16A/B Mid-Life Update Modification Kits – $1.3 billion
Item 4: F-16A/B Engine Modifications & UP/STAR – $151 Million
Deal Updates and Progress [updated]
Potential Controversies (July 5, 2006)

Hi, where is the source of this news?

It is very unwise to spend $3billion on F-16.
I rather like to see this money spent on second production line of Thunder.
With $3billion Pakistan can have 120 home made Thunders.

I would also not favor FC-20 in given scenario and design, as well.
In shape of FC-20 PAF will have one more airframe to maintain and support.

For the time being, best way forward would be to spend all energies and resources on Thunder-blkII and after re-evaluate.

For the time being, best way forward would be to spend all energies and resources on Thunder-blkII and after re-evaluate.

The F-16 price tag of 3 billion dollars includes 36 aircrafts, training, spare parts etc.
A JF-17 with 15-20 million dollars price tag does not include spare parts, training, and other costly associate systems.

I guess ure quite right in ure views ...but I guess we should also develop another platform in the shape of FC-20's too...:agree::coffee:

The F-16 price tag of 3 billion dollars includes 36 aircrafts, training, spare parts etc.
A JF-17 with 15-20 million dollars price tag does not include spare parts, training, and other costly associate systems.

You are welcome to shed few Thunders from the the figure but i wonder what F-16 training US can offer to PAF?
Seriously, 36 F-16 for $3billion is $85million a piece.

PAF shall worry more about the prospective sanctions rather spares and agreements holds ZERO value.

Last govt. canceled the order of remaining 18 and the new govt. is not only broke rather have announced that F-16 price is beyond reach.
No reason to take this news seriously.... it holds no ground.

Search: f 16 for pakistan (results from the Defense Industry Daily knowledge base)

In shape of FC-20 PAF will have one more airframe to maintain and support. read it with regard

attachment.php

Chinies planes have poor safety and reliability record.China need 50 years to reach at level of Japan ,EU and US/Canada in aerospace and nano technology.

Last edited by a moderator:
Chinies planes have poor safety and reliability record.China need 50 years to reach at level of Japan ,EU and US/Canada in aerospace and nano technology.

Sure Chinese planes may not be as good as US planes but their safety record is not bad either. We had F-6, F-7 and A-5 with prety good safty record. It will be appreciated if you can support your statement with some figures. Just sweeping statements are not of any help

Back
Top Bottom