What's new

Pakistan received 5 more F-16s

45 block 15s
18 block 52 (out of which a few have arrived) +18 option
14 block 52 (second order confirmed a few months ago, out of the option for further 18). Pakistan still can get the remaining four block 52s out of the option for 18.

= 77 CONFIRMED

about 14 Ex-peacegate F-16s are still being held by the US which are yet to be given back to pakistan. SO if we add that the number goes to 91. However i didnt yet come across the news on the remaining 14. could someone please enlighten me on tht.

ASIAN DEFENCE: Pakistan to get 14 more F-16 jets from US

This should make it clear once again for my little indian friends.

True fig's ... yes there is no news on the ex 14 vipers but its most likely that the US will release the 14 vipers to us as you all know the US likes to make Pakistan happy in small ways to keep us around for our efforts on WOT lets see what happens i say if we get the 14 vipers we should end buying or asking US for any further fighters we just have to wait and see old news does suggest that PAF was in talks with the US to release the ex vipers keeping my fingers crossed :coffee:

Such a big tragedy...all this money could have been better spent on education or development.

The defense of nations depends on popular will...poland was occupied entirely for many years and yet always manged to resurrect itself because the poeple had a self identity that would not be suppressed.

If Pakistanis have a self identity them no one can hope to suppress 170 million people. If they don't then all the F16's in the world will not help. After all the tyrant saddam's fourth largest army in the world was no help to him. Nor did the Soviet Unions tes of thousands fo tanks and planes save it.

What is needed is to develop civic sense and a sense of doing something constructive instead of destructive.

As far as i know the current status of F-16 inventory of PAF is as follows:

1)45 F-16 A/B Block15 (will undergo MLU.4 of these are already with US for MLU)

2)18 F-16 C/D Block 52+ (7 delivered)

As for the 14 F-16 Block 52 they are being negotiated as a replacement of 14 ex-Peace Gate F-16 A/B Block 15. Beacuse 14 peace gate F-16 Blk 15 are with US Navy and they do not want to release them.So negotiation are being carried out with US Air Force to release 14 of its Block 52 as EDA.

So either we will get 14 F-16 Block 15 or 14 F-16 Block 52.

Total Inventory
45+18=63(confirmed)
63+14(probable)=77

There is No order for 14 more F16 confirmed a few months ago Mr Wali

Stop making things up

without popular support all these "high tech" weapons are no more than tin cans....

without popular support all these "high tech" weapons are no more than tin cans....

Popular support from whom..and for what?:confused:

and .. rephrase that to "very expensive alloy cans".

Do u mean JF-17 are superior to F-16 ? I think not.
Also why there are no pak flag on these planes which are owned by Pakistan Air Force ?:azn:

Does your car have its number plate right out of the factory??
Even the older F-16's which Pakistan sent for a token MLU had the PA roundels painted over.. since the jets were going to be owned by the USAF for their temp work..
senseless post...like saying you weren't your dads son until he named you.

But did u observe , why there is not any pak flag symbol on these planes. Like on JF-17 ? What does that mean ? Does the US consider these planes still their property. Or regarding some conditions of Usage of these planes.:azn::azn:

seem like you didn't know much on defence related topics. Anyway these jets are newely builded and are coming direct from factory once they will come to PAF base they will be painted with PAF logo, squadrn logo and with Pakistan flag.

Usually when you attend any international exercise obroad you don't have your country flag and logo on your jets.

A lot has been said here about number strength and acquiring the ex-vipers.I personally don’t think
PAF will go for F-16s any beyond the 77 mark (which is yet to be ascertained ,somebody noticed the
Ex-viper strength matches the ones we are expecting i-e 14.)
There might be a back ground thinking of getting the upgraded BLK-52 version with renewed price tag with a little overhead to pay ( a fruit for thought.)

The talk about what we should go for if not more F-16 will go beyond the scope of the thread.But to keep in short, we have a time tested and reliable partner whom with we are already coordinating in the JFT program to replace all the third generations fighter jets and there is an option to go for equally capable platform( enough talk of been untested in a war or so, I reckon the new testing critera with technology to assist can do a pretty good job in designing a initial prototype plus factors in the cooperation between countries on their proven technologies.)
Now that in future we will having all our future fleet of Mirage(including those with upgraded rose 3), A5 and F-7 to be replaced with JFT, we are left with F-16s and J-10s.

Thinking of the threat level 8 years and onwards there will be Pak-FA ( a 5th generation fighter rival) entering the scenario,with inductions completing round about a couple of more years.
We will be in a bad need to counter the threat.And what options we have got.
(A) F-15SE
(B) J-XX
For F-35 and F-22 fans ,simply these are not available.

F-15SE is a fast and sharp solution, we can negotiate and if we are able to get our hands to these birds
These can be available till the Pak-FA enters the stage.But question arises are we willing to become again a customer of USA.With not one but two aircraft (F-16 and –F-15SE) entering PAF,Keeping the history in mind ,it can a big mistake.

J-XX which is still in developing phase ,and prototype testing in about 2 to 3 years of time and expected
FOC with PLAAF till about 2020.Will be available for us (if ever) in another 15 years. Meanwhile the adversary will be having a settled fifth generation fighter till 2020.And that 5-7 more years of gap will
Pose a conventional imbalance for PAF.

In short what I want to say is to keep the strength of F-16 to 80 approx(77 to be exact).And save the money for J-10B to counter the MMRCA as a frontline fighter.There is simply no need buy the Falcons in huge number because in a war scenarios it will be very well evident that this is an effective number, after all not all the 300 plus Su-30s will be countering the falcons,and the ratio will still be maintained at 2:1.
In the end the decision is to be taken by PAF.

Last edited:
There is No order for 14 more F16 confirmed a few months ago Mr Wali

Stop making things up

If you scroll down my post you will see that i have posted a source there JUST for people like you ... :no:

hurts doesn it. :) oh wait.. maybe u dont trust the source.. perhaps you should try to google it.. by simple pasting the topic from my source

..aww :)

As far as i know the current status of F-16 inventory of PAF is as follows:

1)45 F-16 A/B Block15 (will undergo MLU.4 of these are already with US for MLU)

2)18 F-16 C/D Block 52+ (7 delivered)

As for the 14 F-16 Block 52 they are being negotiated as a replacement of 14 ex-Peace Gate F-16 A/B Block 15. Beacuse 14 peace gate F-16 Blk 15 are with US Navy and they do not want to release them.So negotiation are being carried out with US Air Force to release 14 of its Block 52 as EDA.

So either we will get 14 F-16 Block 15 or 14 F-16 Block 52.

Total Inventory
45+18=63(confirmed)
63+14(probable)=77

Please do some research before posting my brother. no offense.

But the 10 ex-peacegate f-16s which we recieved were also part of the US NAVY as aggressor aircrafts. However, they were upgraded and then "released" .. Similarly Pakistan is negotiating for the rest of 14.. and inshallah they will soon return to their rightful home.

The 14 block 52s are part of the option of an additional 18 aircraft which were allowed for pakistan to "Purchase" after the passing of the Bill in the US Congress..I have attached a source my brother. these planes are separate from the 14 EX-PEACEGATE Please, dig it up a bit my friend and you ll be enlightened.

Back
Top Bottom