What's new

Pakistan received 120 cruise missiles C602 from China

Status
Not open for further replies.
PC has a point, both PAC and arrow are used against any possible threat from ballistic missiles and not ASHCM who's primary purpose will be to hit indian naval fleet. To counter that India does not need an antiballistic system, but strong jamming ECM capabilities. Whether India can or not remains to be seen but this does not in any manner suggest we should not go for this kind of missile to enhance our deterrence just because India might counter it. There are still ways to make sure missile gets a target hit.

Agreed that presently it is not possible for THAAD or Arrow to stop short range cruise missiles but you know missile defence technology is advancing very fast US THAAD system be able to defend their navel ships and coast through modification in THAAD system uptill 2010

Center for Arms Control and Non-Proliferation: Missile Defense Fails to Provide a Reliable Defense Against Short, Medium or Long-Range Missiles

Agreed that presently it is not possible for THAAD or Arrow to stop short range cruise missiles but you know missile defence technology is advancing very fast US THAAD system be able to defend their navel ships and coast through modification in THAAD system uptill 2010

Center for Arms Control and Non-Proliferation: Missile Defense Fails to Provide a Reliable Defense Against Short, Medium or Long-Range Missiles

This is from your own article:

Conclusions
Effective systems to defend against ballistic and cruise missiles, as well as rockets, artillery, and mortars, would benefit the security of the United States and its allies. However, there are exceptionally difficult technological problems involved; and despite the huge sums of money spent to date in attempts to develop defensive systems, none has yet proven effective and reliable.

Patriot, the most mature of the systems, has been under development since the 1960's, but it still has difficulty distinguishing between incoming missiles and friendly aircraft. Other systems, still in the developmental stage, have yet to demonstrate effectiveness under realistic situations.

Bottom line: there is no consistently reliable defense against long-range, medium and short-range missiles, cruise missiles or rockets, artillery and mortars.

Research should continue to try to develop effective missile and rocket defense systems. However, spending large sums of money to deploy such systems prematurely, before operational testing has verified that they will function as intended, should not be undertaken when programs to counter more likely threats to U.S. security continue to be under-funded. Moreover, national priorities for developing missile defense systems are inconsistent with the more likely threats as reflected in National Intelligence Estimates.

Your comment about 2010 cannot be verified by this article, they are planning but that doesnt guarantee that it will be fully effective. Also like i said its the PAC and arrow system thats been on table for India and not THAAD. If yes then what am i missing here. Also remember this that where on one hand the anti ballistic technology is growing, so are the missiles and their warheads getting advanced. Pakistan being a small nation with a very less defence budget as compared to its rival India cannot afford a anti ballistic programe at this stage, what we can however and hopefully do is to enhance our ballistic and cruise missile system so that if GOD for bid time comes, we are not taken by a surprise.

This news is true as one of my cousin based in Karachi Masroor base on radars also confirmed the same news.:pakistan:

great news. thanks for the confirmation. y didnt it get discussed on this forum???:confused:

Originally Posted by IceCold
PC has a point, both PAC and arrow are used against any possible threat from ballistic missiles and not ASHCM who's primary purpose will be to hit indian naval fleet. To counter that India does not need an antiballistic system, but strong jamming ECM capabilities. Whether India can or not remains to be seen but this does not in any manner suggest we should not go for this kind of missile to enhance our deterrence just because India might counter it. There are still ways to make sure missile gets a target hit.

Warriach : The C-602 is an AShCM and unless you want to send your vessel to India's boundary at effective 300km range the THAAD or Arrow will not give cover to a IN vessel.

I am sure THAAD & Arrow are upgrades & effective against CM but that could be discussed in another thread and not in a thread meant for the effectiveness of an AShM !

Pakistan need make its own development of missile technology and produce more and more of its own. A weapon or defence system of own even if be minor to that of other makes a great effect on its utilization and boosting of morale. Pakistan needs develop its naval missile and tarpedo defence system.

Pakistan need make its own development of missile technology and produce more and more of its own. A weapon or defence system of own even if be minor to that of other makes a great effect on its utilization and boosting of morale. Pakistan needs develop its naval missile and tarpedo defence system.

Please read my post # 22 in the same thread on page # 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owais
its a good news but Why dont PN use babur on their ships as babur is more stealthy and have long range

The altitude above terrain in terminal phase of babur missile is rather 25-30meters thus our newly purchased missiles with the same speed are more stealthy than babur however these imports will enhance our domestic research of cruise missiles!!

Exactly .. 120 missiles is a stop gap solution, especially in case there is a war "tomorrow".

Of course local production is very important including building the radar required for an AShM + to make it more effected we need to have a satellite link ! Hence, be patient .. Inshallah we will come up with solution on this type of important system too !

Excellent news! :pakistan:
These missiles will give the PN an extra punch!
Will our F22P frigates carry these missiles?

F-22P will use YJ-82 (C-802) anti-ship missiles.

I think at present YJ-62 (C-602) cannot be used from F-22P, because F-22P has box-shape launcher which can only launch YJ-8 series of missiles like YJ-82 (C-802), YJ-83 (C-803).

Whereas for YJ-62 (C-602) cylinder-shape launcher is required similar to those found on the U.S. Harpoon and French Exocet missile systems.

Pics are attached for both Box-Shape Launcher and Cylinder-Shape Launcher.

I think Pakistan will use YJ-62 (C-602) as land based missiles meant for coastal defence with coastal batteries.

The YJ-62/C-602 is a short-range, sea-skimming, anti-ship missile that can be launched from land or sea. Each missile carries a 300 kg armor-piercing high-explosive warhead. A standard coastal battery consists of four launch vehicles, each holding three missiles, plus command and support vehicles. When deployed at sea, the YJ-62/C-602 launchers are typically positioned in pairs.

Waraich66 be proud of the flag u carry with u! second wats wrong with the cruise missiles many nations dont even have them your comments seem silly and laughing dont really go with the flag boss! furthermore once again with the people that have issues and prob's here in the case of PAK defence buys or doesnt buy or cant buy cuz of reasons or perhaps lack of funds ! if u can pay for it please contact our defence dept :crazy: cant just buy anything out there and i comment with saying this thank GOD our forces are more then capable of defending our nation no offence to anyone GOD bless PAKISTAN :pakistan:

Last edited:
I wonder what both countries going to do with this. I agree if at all WAR happens its used. Both countries should have very old (state of art ...lol) arms from last decade too investing crores crores sitting inside the room...

Any idea where these are going?

I wonder what both countries going to do with this. I agree if at all WAR happens its used. Both countries should have very old (state of art ...lol) arms from last decade too investing crores crores sitting inside the room...

isn,t your avatar the bjp flag:confused:

F-22P will use YJ-82 (C-802) anti-ship missiles.

The YJ-62/C-602 is a short-range, sea-skimming, anti-ship missile.

F-22P will use the YJ-83 C803 not YJ-82 (C-802) :pakistan:

How YJ-62/C-602 is a short-range missile this is the longest range missile in PN and in our region

F-22P will use the YJ-83 C803 not YJ-82 (C-802) :pakistan:

How YJ-62/C-602 is a short-range missile this is the longest range missile in PN and in our region

Well some links report that YJ-83 (C-803) is being deployed and some suggests that YJ-82 (C-802) is being used.

If we talk about our region, yes you are right its not a short-range missile.
But here this short-range is in global terms, as the last paragraph of my post was an extract from Jane’s Defence Weekly. That article was published in 2006.

Last edited:

Once a man came to his friend known to me while I was there and asked for the bullets for his rifle as one of his rivals had got more bullet borrowed from others to just shoot in the air in a dance party. The man with whom I was sitting said to the man asking for the bullets that why dont you and your rival instead of competing firing bullets into the air do compete in begging. Similar is the case here. Anyone who is giving arms to both countries makes his action not in the name of God but just to make fight with each other. There is another theme of power balance which has also made legal the selling of weapons to both making the rivalry firm and strong. Sometimes there are also imported even the barrels of cannons while there is produced the best steel, home. The United States has released the ban on F-16 only when Pakistan has produced its own fighter lest it make not another one. Obviously, Pakistan Navy needs some special attention of our own scientists.

Pakistan Navy have purchased 120 C-602 long range anti-ship cruise missiles from china to counter the threat posed to the surface fleet of Pakistan navy by the Proliferation of Russian supersonic AntiShip missiles P-800 Oniks / Yakhont / PJ-10 Brahmos (Indian assembled version of Yakhont). Long range of the C-602 AntiShip missile will make sure that Pakistan Navy have first shoot advantage in case of an encounter with the Indian ships equipped with Russian Yakhont AntiShip missiles.

The C-602 long-range subsonic anti-ship cruise missile is developed by the CASIC 3rd Academy. The C-602 outperforms most Western and Russian anti-ship missiles in terms of range and warhead mass. The YJ-62 was first offered for export by the China National Precision Machinery Import and Export Corporation (CPMIEC) during the Defense Systems & Equipment International (DSEI) Land and Naval Systems Exhibition in September 2005. The missile is fitted with a strap-down inertial guidance coupled with GPS, and active radar for the terminal phase. CPMIEC claims that the C-602 is fitted with a frequency agile radar seeker which offers greater resistance to jamming from targeted ship. The active radar seeker has an acquisition range of up to 40km.

The C-602 is a conventional cruise missile design, with mid-body wings that deploy following launch. The fixed ventral air inlet is mounted slightly forward of the cruciform tail fins. The missile is 6.1 meters long (without the 0.9 meter-long launch booster), and weighs 1,140kg. The solid propellant booster weighs an additional 210kg. The C-602 has a cruise speed of Mach 0.6, carries a 300kg HE blast warhead, is powered by a small turbojet, and has a stated range of 280km, with the missile flying at an altitude of 30 meters during the cruise phase of an engagement. In the terminal phase, the missile descends to a height of seven meters, and it can be launched from truck-mounted launchers, from warships as well as from medium multi-role combat aircraft.C-602 anti-ship missile employs a cylinder-shape launcher.

Well some links report that YJ-83 (C-803) is being deployed and some suggests that YJ-82 (C-802) is being used.

If we talk about our region, yes you are right its not a short-range missile.
But here this short-range is in global terms, as the last paragraph of my post was an extract from Jane’s Defence Weekly. That article was published in 2006.

Few Chinese sites and some Chinese internet experts do claim that F-22P will use C802 as they think that C803 is not available to export as it is china’s one of the best antiship missiles but that is not the case, you have seen that they were wrong about C-602 exports and Fc-20 and improved KJ-200 AEW&C and so on

C602 is one of the longest operational antiship missiles out side Russia and west have nothing similar operational

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom