What's new

Pakistan - Rationale and Denialism

Hello.

I am sorry to say I have been disturbed by the rationale of many Pakistani people I have met. I have found their responses on important issues (when not going into denial mode) quite baffling. Since judging all Pakistanis on my own experience is unfair, I would like to know your opinions on some issues and thoughts which I trust you will approach in a rational and logical way rather than with the typical drivel I'm sadly used to.

The first topic is regarding Pakistan's place in the world and how they view themselves. Given that Pakistanis pride themselves so much on religious zealotry (and in many cases look down upon other Muslims/Muslim countries), is it not the greatest irony that Pakistan is, and has been, America's biggest puppet in the region? :usflag:

Another issue where I've experienced a wall of denial and sometimes even conspiracy theories/allegations against the media/courts is regarding the recent child-sex grooming cases in the UK. The evidence from research suggests there is a significant problem among Pakistani men in particular. Why do these Pakistani men think its OK to pass around and rape underage white girls? :confused: And why do other Pakistanis play down this significant problem?

Another example of the aforementioned denial syndrome I've come across is the 1971 Bangladeshi genocide that was perpetrated by Pakistan. The amount of times I've heard that its a Hindu, Indian and even global conspiracy against Pakistan, is comical and yet disturbing at the same time, since it makes me seriously question the Pakistani mentality.

So in short, why are Pakistanis so irrationally defensive about everything? :hitwall:
I look forward to your reasonable answers to these issues which I'm sure will help me rethink my beliefs about ordinary Pakistanis. :)

I really thought you had geniune enquiries until the last part, yes I won't deny the truth is we did murder 24.5859 Trillion bangladeshis and raped 3.2434*10^98 Bangladeshi women. Happy?
On a serious note, you can't expect any historian to believe 'facts' coming out of a situation where it was an absolute win/lose situation, there was no free media present, funny how no one ever talks about the atrocities committed against biharis? Since I'm part Bihari I know very well we only had to depend on word of mouth reports from the few survivors who made it out alive in one piece to Pakistan.

no, he seems to be a legit brit, especially because he gave more importance to rochdale than say terrorism in pakistan.

am sure you must have met some good ones.. not everybody is a child molester. There is a quiet feeling of unease and shying from admitting it, does not mean everybody actually like to be painted as pedos.
Another thing could be denial because of the shame and stigma it carries.

Most actual British hardly even know of B'desh's existence, for them it might as well be part of India or China.

Most actual British hardly even know of B'desh's existence, for them it might as well be part of India or China.
well you might have a point but london is full of bangladeshis, they even have their own constituency. If you are a londoner you must have heard about bangladesh from one of them. Another thing, british tend to know more about outside stuff in general than say americans.

Firstly, welcome comrade.

On topic, most of the Pakistanis you might have met must be from Punjab. In Punjab, the propensity to blame others for one's own problems is endemic and always has been.

Pakistan as a state has focused on convincing its people that its a fortress of Islam and they are the chosen ones. Its basically all done by the elite to justify its hefty budget.

In order to convince its people, the elite lies blatantly to its own people and promotes anti western sentiments while being in bed with the west to get a good bargaining position.

People of Pakistan ( mainly punjab) have been lead to believe that the elite is the guardian of Islam and hence questioning it would be heresy; therefore, all dissenters are presented as devils and no alternative point of view is aired.

As a result, you have an intellectually deficient army of people who believe in propaganda.

It will remain this way.

A resourceful country in the hands of imbeciles.

do you have a problem with punjab?

well you might have a point but london is full of bangladeshis, they even have their own constituency. If you are a londoner you must have heard about bangladesh from one of them. Another thing, british tend to know more about outside stuff in general than say americans.
true story bro

I've been there, I mean I remember a few white kids who were asking me about Pakistan in the tube, they were pretty nice and they only knew there were 'problems' there, they had no idea about any specifics like this guy

I've been there, I mean I remember a few white kids who were asking me about Pakistan in the tube, they were pretty nice and they only knew there were 'problems' there, they had no idea about any specifics like this guy

from his writing he sounds older than average white kid... and its very strange for londoner to ask about pakistan in tube, because the right social etiquette for londoner is, dont make eye contact, dont talk to anybody, try to get in and get out as soon as possible, and wear an ear phone if it helps you in isolating yourself from rest.. :lol:

from his writing he sounds older than average white kid... and its very strange for londoner to ask about pakistan in tube, because the right social etiquette for londoner is, dont make eye contact, dont talk to anybody, try to get in and get out as soon as possible, and wear an ear phone if it helps you in isolating yourself from rest.. :lol:

Idk, maybe they were drunk or something, it was the day when IK was having a boxing match, so they started it like 'are you going to see, he's from where you're from' (they literally said it like that :P)

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom