What's new

Pakistan Railaways planning for 100 Locomotive addition in 2014

we knoe more about IR.....and we want pakistan to buy those locos from india.......we will get money and the pakistani will get better engines at a cheaper cost....

As far as i know, It got cancelled. There is a new Government now....

Even in India (where there are a lot of compromises) no way will people buy the same thing if it has failed before.

you just hit the nail on the head, no way would someone buys failed product twice, so if you got some sense what does this mean?

you just hit the nail on the head, no way would someone buys failed product twice, so if you got some sense what does this mean?
it might be due to many reasons, corruption (you get a cut from same supplier), alternative one could be more expensive or difficult to buy due to political reason.
Main reason I think as roybot pointed out is chinese loan, as govt cant pay upfront they have very few real alternative.

it might be due to many reasons, corruption (you get a cut from same supplier), alternative one could be more expensive or difficult to buy due to political reason.
Main reason I think as roybot pointed out is chinese loan, as govt cant pay upfront they have very few real alternative.

so what about the other millions of deals with developed countries that goes on every day? Same thing? Our 10 trillion economy is what? corruption?

I think its you who need to ponder on what it means.

As far as i know, It got cancelled. There is a new Government now....

You mean the one comprising the Caterpillar engines ????

I remember this "American Engine (Caterpillar engine)" initiative was brought forward in the N-league governance in the initial stage when they took over, I quite liked that initiative where did it disappear ???? :undecided:

I'm not criticizing the chinese engines, OFC i know what we pay for is what we get....no one else to blame :)

You mean the one comprising the Caterpillar engines ????

I remember this "American Engine (Caterpillar engine)" initiative was brought forward in the N-league governance in the initial stage when they took over, I quite liked that initiative where did it disappear ???? :undecided:

I'm not criticizing the chinese engines, OFC i know what we pay for is what we get....no one else to blame :)

No I'm talking about Indian engines....

Seriously wish we could help you guys out, I mean we are best placed with running one of the top 3 railway networks in the world.

Now if only our governments would look aside and let the private sectors sort this one out, and for once both would sides say.. "kashmir jaye tel leney, business pehley."

:tup:

No I'm talking about Indian engines....

Alhamdulillah...........I was in for saying no to them too :D :D

as far as I know train/rail is perhaps the most used means of PT in india.....so I'm pretty sure that even if they are in good nick (at the time of purchase) they may fall the next minute

as far as I know train/rail is perhaps the most used means of PT in india.....so I'm pretty sure that even if they are in good nick (at the time of purchase) they may fall the next minute
lol,First try to make a small bike engine then make fun of other nation achievements...

Dude, i am an Indian. Don't mind me pointing out that your railways is already fallen. So it can't fall any more. Anyway, its best to keep the rivalry aside and seriously consider signing a deal with the Indian railways. Those same engines that you are insulting, have helped in the turnaround of our railways and carry passengers at an amount beyond your imagination. So cut out your stupid sense of humor and think about your country. I am an Indian so i am keen to help Pakistan out as a neighbor should do. Otherwise i wouldn't even have come to read the thread. China is a neighbor too but maybe you should try something new for a change. isn't it?

Dude, i am an Indian. Don't mind me pointing out that your railways is already fallen. So it can't fall any more. Anyway, its best to keep the rivalry aside and seriously consider signing a deal with the Indian railways. Those same engines that you are insulting, have helped in the turnaround of our railways and carry passengers at an amount beyond your imagination. So cut out your stupid sense of humor and think about your country. I am an Indian so i am keen to help Pakistan out as a neighbor should do. Otherwise i wouldn't even have come to read the thread. China is a neighbor too but maybe you should try something new for a change. isn't it?

Better yet the govt should lend a muscle to the Risalpur Locomotive Factory.... Will help the country in the long run..

Wonder what happened to the privatisation and order of 50 locomotives...!

Back
Top Bottom