What's new

Pakistan Railaways planning for 100 Locomotive addition in 2014

Tomorrow you will suggest that Pakistan and India should start building their own IPhones too.

hahahaha

Because Apple doesn't know how to make Iphones for hot and dusty environments.

See the fallacy of your argument?

Railway Engines are very high tech piece of machinery.

Very few countries truly can make a locomotive.

The rest assemble kits.

Peace

Chinese locomotives found defective - DAWN.COM

Sorry but your own papers mentioned it :p:.

Sirjee if your country can build jet fighters and tanks, I guess building railway engines is not that difficult?

Cant understand why you guys go for Chinese engines which have proven to be such failures. If you dont what to buy Indian get some american ones.

Wow, I think some Indian members either spend too much time in the West or just delusional from own media.

Chinese products are getting better and better, all that have complained had service and are ordering new ones.

Indian products, lol, Chinese products are "low quality" only compare to the super expensive western counterparts. We can make those too if you pay that much. But remember, our close to 10 trillion GDP is only there because our products are good enough, no idiot will buy something bad twice, and not buy something just as cheap but better.

I spent a little time searching and came to the conclusion that Indian locomotives are not big in the international market, because I can't find anything good or otherwise, but if the current state of Indian railways is any indication, your locomotives sucks way more.

Wow, I think some Indian members either spend too much time in the West or just delusional from own media.

Chinese products are getting better and better, all that have complained had service and are ordering new ones.

Indian products, lol, Chinese products are "low quality" only compare to the super expensive western counterparts. We can make those too if you pay that much. But remember, our close to 10 trillion GDP is only there because our products are good enough, no idiot will buy something bad twice, and not buy something just as cheap but better.

I spent a little time searching and came to the conclusion that Indian locomotives are not big in the international market, because I can't find anything good or otherwise, but if the current state of Indian railways is any indication, your locomotives sucks way more.
The fact is that Pakistani railways bought a lot of Chinese engines which turned out to be failures. i do not care if they were cheap or expensive , they did not do what was required of them .
Even in India (where there are a lot of compromises) no way will people buy the same thing if it has failed before.

Chinese locomotives found defective - DAWN.COM

Sorry but your own papers mentioned it :p:.

Sirjee if your country can build jet fighters and tanks, I guess building railway engines is not that difficult?

You are right my friend. We do have the wherewithal to make locomotives. There used to be a factory that did so, but corruption ate it. There are plans to revive that project. Let us see what comes out of it.

Chinese imported 'luxury' rail cars from Pakistan, and Pakistani delegates to China were surprise to know that when they traveled in China in '70s. I read about it a while back - but can not remember the reference now.

Chinese engines have been a major disappointment for Pakistan Railway. But I think it has more to do with faulty procurement procedure than with anything else. Not all Chinese companies manufacture at the best possible quality level. One has to be very careful about selection of suppliers. We had Generals running Pakistan Railway when the decision to import Chinese locomotive engines was made. I doubt they had the background and technical know-how to make an informed decision.

People who cry hoarse over Mush need to think about the root-causes of our economic mess today. Most of what we see today had its genesis in Mush years.

You are right my friend. We do have the wherewithal to make locomotives. There used to be a factory that did so, but corruption ate it. There are plans to revive that project. Let us see what comes out of it.

Chinese imported 'luxury' rail cars from Pakistan, and Pakistani delegates to China were surprise to know that when they traveled in China in '70s. I read about it a while back - but can not remember the reference now.

Chinese engines have been a major disappointment for Pakistan Railway. But I think it has more to do with faulty procurement procedure than with anything else. Not all Chinese companies manufacture at the best possible quality level. One has to be very careful about selection of suppliers. We had Generals running Pakistan Railway when the decision to import Chinese locomotive engines was made. I doubt they had the background and technical know-how to make an informed decision.

People who cry hoarse over Mush need to think about the root-causes of our economic mess today. Most of what we see today had its genesis in Mush years.

Sir please excuse my ignorance, but in one of the interviews Railways minister from the PPP govt. said that Pakistan never had the technology to make their own locomotives. instead they were assembling it in the Risalpur locomotive factory :what:

here is the video ( watch after 04:15)

Last edited:
Sir please excuse my ignorance, but in one of the interviews Railways minister from the PPP govt. said that Pakistan never had the technology to make their own locomotives. instead they were assembling it in the Risalpur locomotive factory :what:

Yes that is what I was referring to. From assembling to licensed production is not a quantum leap, and it would have been made years ago had the priorities been correct. Though one does need to think about whether a country the size of Pakistan should be in this Railway locomotive manufacturing business at all? We might be better off not dealing with this at all and instead buy world-class products which could serve us better by being more technologically advanced, reliable, & efficient. Over the life time of use, an efficient design would more than pay for itself.

Yeah. Imagine the number of jobs it will create. It is a sustainable solution for the long term. I don't think these foreign locomotives are designed for hot and dusty conditions prevalent in our region.

Not only that, a modern and widely distributed railway system in itself is a huge boost to a country's economy. But we simply don't have the cash for it right now.

Why are they planning to buy new engines as Nawaz government wants to privatize railways?

more goodies for "seths" that will bought railways at through away prices i guess

I see more Indians in this thread. Either they have more knowledge about PR or they are here to troll.

I see more Indians in this thread. Either they have more knowledge about PR or they are here to troll.

we knoe more about IR.....and we want pakistan to buy those locos from india.......we will get money and the pakistani will get better engines at a cheaper cost....

here is the video ( watch after 04:15)

Idiot is gone, we have a new chairman of railways.

This deal was cancelled long time ago.

Back
Top Bottom