What's new

Pakistan : Plenty in a Name ?

Correction the many Muslims of India could not leave because of the violence and the certain death that awaited them while crossing the border. Anyway thats another debate but I'd like to correct a fallacy there.

That may be a "fallacy" for Pakistani Muslims that needs constant "correcting" to prop up the crumbling edifice of the very foundation of the Two-Nation Theory, but the 180 million Indian Muslims in particular, and 1.2 billion Indians as a whole do not buy it.

Those who believed in Pakistan, made the move .... in spite of the many who died along the way.

Those who believed in India, stayed behind and/or made the move in retrograde fashion too .... and many died along the way too.

Much as you would like to believe otherwise, the pan-Islamic buy-in into the "Separate Muslim Identity" was just NOT there.

It is my opinion but I feel you are belittling the sacrifice made by your ancestors who braved death to carve out your country and populate it during the transplantation against all odds.

Don't you think so?

Or are you belittling the courage of Indian Muslims vis-a-vis those who actually crossed over?

Or are you belittling the faith of Indian Muslims in their religion to begin with ..... as slightly lesser than those who "dared" to cross over, braving death at the hands of the kafir hordes?

How many Indian Muslims do you really know Asim? Or are these pearls of wisdom passed on to you through your elders and your text books in school?

Cheers, Doc

As I said its another debate and much like you I could've gotten into the nitty gritties of it all but the forum decorum dictates, one discussion at a time only.

As for my credentials, My father's family migrated from India and theres still plenty of family left behind. So I have Indians in my extended family.

As I said its another debate and much like you I could've gotten into the nitty gritties of it all but the forum decorum dictates, one discussion at a time only.

As for my credentials, My father's family migrated from India and theres still plenty of family left behind. So I have Indians in my extended family.

Cool .... lets engage on this elsewhere.

Its a head banging exercise any which way, because neither side is going to back down ..... the edifice on which each of our nations was built are so diametrically opposing.

Cheers, Doc

The 150 Muslims did not go to Pakistan for the same reasons a huge number of Hindus and Sikhs and Christians stayed in Pakistan......

They could not gather courage to leave their life.
They too poor to move
they thought life would be better if they stayed here.

sorry ...double post.

The 150 Muslims did not go to Pakistan for the same reasons a huge number of Hindus and Sikhs and Christians stayed in Pakistan......

They could not gather courage to leave their life.
They too poor to move
they thought life would be better if they stayed here.

While speaking to older people who crossed over both within the family and those of friends a common feeling across almost all was a sense of disbelief in the permanency of the partition.

Most mistakenly felt that they would somehow go back some day. Wonder if ppl who crossed over to Pk felt the same way ?

Hello ...

You could call it Disney land or USA for all the diff it makes to me. I am one of those who has accepted Pk as a un changeable reality all along

I am merely reproducing a letter which to me has strange contents written by a Pakistani & published in a Pakistani newspaper. This one was new even to me hence I merely sought inputs from all.

PS: If you have a problem, pls contact TS Bokhari of Attock. Further details can be obtained from the Editor of The Nation.

Mods : Pls close this thread if felt necessary.

third eye how can we steal the name from your country. The Disney Land" suits bharat more than us.

SO you keep it

^^ I could not find any offensive content in the post you quoted

Did he call Pakistan a Disney Land?

Last edited:
Hindustan got its name , well some say , because muslims gave india the name hindu-stan coz of majority hindu population,
but I think it got its name from the name Indus river , indus-stan , place of Indus.

May be you should know that hinduism got the name from the Indus.

Correct me if i am wrong but the common belief is that the "K" in Pakistan represents Kashmir.

third eye how can we steal the name from your country. The Disney Land" suits bharat more than us.

SO you keep it

If the name 'Disney Land' suits India, then I'm glad about it.

After all, not every one has the luck to live in a happy, cheerful and vibrant nation. :chilli:

After all, not every one has the luck to live in a happy, cheerful and vibrant nation. :chilli:

Along with Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck, Tom and Jerry and Goofy etc.etc.

One happy family i'll say.

enough with the Disney Land. Judging from the sort of person TE is I really doubt he meant to offend anyone.

Please allow some leeway, tone is not often expressed in a text based discussion medium. Give the benefit of the doubt and don't be so ever ready to pick a fight where one can be avoided.

:) but then all the charachters there are animations and not real.

The fake shining

Latest posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom