What's new

Pakistan Paramilitary Forces

These forces need drones, helicopters. surveillance equipment, intelligence forces/personal and rapid action forces

Regular forces are now deployed much nearer to border so rangers do not require heavy ammo. However tactically they may be provided light armored vehicles, drones and other surveillance equipment. Other than that additional specialized battalions/wings with some commando training should be raised to initially stop any sudden aggression from enemy till deployment of regular forces. Further may be used as light infantry in case of regular war.( fo anti terrorism at limited scale some troops are already trained by SSG).

Some sort of light mobile air defense guns, Anza Missiles and ATGMs at limited scale near to border areas should be provided.

Now a person recruited directly SI is considered as officer equivalent to Lt and at max reach up to SSR equivalent to Col.

Pakistani-Flag-Wallpapers-HD-Pictures-7.jpg

Just watching the great work of Rangers in Pakistan / Sindh to clean up Karachi , absolutely fantastic

Raids , capture of weapons , capture of criminals , capture of terrorist

Salute to the forces serving country properly :police:

Hope operations expand to PPP

10,000 TERROSIT Captured raids clean up of drug mafia, 2000-5000 Raids against Terrorism
capture of money , guns and weapons , and killing of mafia and military wings

fireworks3.jpg

Just briliant work by Rangers !!! Dil KUSH ho giya

Last edited:
I would love to see this kind of machine with Para Military forces
View attachment 245293
Nope
They can be armed with APC, but not IFV with anti tank guns.
Paramilitary forces need better personal gear, better scout vehicles and light gunship helicopters ... just in case

For many including myself some confusion exists between the definition of Militia, Paramilitary Forces & the regular Defence forces. Years ago I put this question to a retired British Colonel who was father of a class mate and the explanation was;

‘Militia’ is a force of citizens volunteers trained to fight. Militias normally have far less training & inferior equipment. For example British Home Guard during WW2. Some militias such as the US National Guard & the UK Territorials are in essence ‘Militias ‘but act as Army Reserve in practice.

‘Paramilitary’ forces on the other hand are fully trained and armed. Their fighting capability is generally at par with the ‘Light Infantry’. However these forces; instead of reporting to the Ministry of Defence; report to the Ministry of Interior and employed in helping civil administration. Indian BSF, Spanish Guardia Civil & the French Gendarmerie are essentially paramilitary forces.

Nevertheless distinction between ‘Militia’ & ‘Paramilitary’ is still blurred in my mind. I would welcome an ex-Army Forum Member for additional clarification.
Are these paramilitary forces also called reserve forces?
Or reserve army is something different....?

Nope
They can be armed with APC, but not IFV with anti tank guns.
Paramilitary forces need better personal gear, better scout vehicles and light gunship helicopters ... just in case

Are these paramilitary forces also called reserve forces?
Or reserve army is something different....?
We need these kind of things we have already given them few Tanks so instead of giving them Tanks these should be given along with IFV and Truck Mounted SP Artillery. Also Anti Tank Missiles like Baktar Shikan. We need to change their status to National Guards.

I think you are going overboard, there is no need to give them Anti-Tank vehicles or Heavy artillery.
They need IFVs ,Armoured Vehicles ,Small Mortars and Drones

They already operate APCs & IFVs along with Tanks .. Light Arty (towed arty),helis and UAVs..

@Zarvan. FC has a strength of ive 2.5 lac (maybe more).

They already operate APCs & IFVs along with Tanks .. Light Arty (towed arty),helis and UAVs..

@Zarvan. FC has a strength of ive 2.5 lac (maybe more).
That is good than and by the way Who are these National Guards ? I have never seen them

How does the training differs for Paramilitary forces vs Army

Are there limitations on equipment in training and criteria

Can paramilitary members move to military if decide after few years in service

How do these troops react during war ?

I thought it would be good to discuss these forces as they maintain law and order in cities and various critical areas

The strength of FC is over 180-2+ lac.

Pata mil officers are Pak Army officers on deputation - meanwhile troops and other officers are directly recruited.

Paramilitary forces are under the control of Ministry of Interior... And are funded by em.

There main purpose or mission is protection of borders .. Except from Sindh Rangers who are deputed in karachi aswell..

They are equipped with APCs,IFVs,Tanks,Helis and UAVS..

They also hae their own Special Operations units .. Sindh Rangers have Rapid Action Group... Meanwhile Punjab Rangers and FC have SOW units (Special Operations Wings) etc.

They are also equipped with light arty guns ...
And work along (In cordination) with Army ... Each "Corps" is commanded by a Col .. With several Wings lead by Lt Cols or Majors ... The Force itself being commanded by a Director General or Inspector General - A Major General.

Pakistan National Guards

That is good than and by the way Who are these National Guards ? I have never seen them

Last edited:
The strength of FC is over 2.5-9 lac.

Pata mil officers are Pak Army officers on deputation - meanwhile troops and other officers are directly recruited.

Paramilitary forces are under the control of Ministry of Interior... And are funded by em.

There main purpose or mission is protection of borders .. Except from Sindh Rangers who are deputed in karachi aswell..

They also hae their own Special Operations units .. Sindh Rangers have Rapid Action Group... Meanwhile Punjab Rangers and FC have SOW units (Special Operations Wings) etc.

And work along (In cordination) with Army ... Each "Corps" is commanded by a Col .. With several Wings lead by Lt Cols or Majors ... The Force itself being commanded by a Director General or Inspector General - A Major General.

Pakistan National Guards
Thanks for the information man

with the resignation of the MQM I am afraid Karachi might return to violence as MQM now has no political responsibilities. the rangers have their work cut out for them.

The strength of FC is over 2.5-9 lac.

Pakistan National Guards

please check strength of FC again

with the resignation of the MQM I am afraid Karachi might return to violence as MQM now has no political responsibilities. the rangers have their work cut out for them.

the operation won't stop - Rangers.

My bad .. The strength of FC Balochistan is around 80-90 K.. Adding FC KPK that's probably around 180-2 lac troops.

Not gonna happen the moment MQM tries this Army would step in and this time it would be most ruthless operation

the operation won't stop - Rangers.

My bad .. The strength of FC Balochistan is around 80-90 K.. Adding FC KPK that's probably around 180-2 lac troops.
Their is two FC one is Frontier Constabulary and other is Frontier Corps What is the difference ?

Not gonna happen the moment MQM tries this Army would step in and this time it would be most ruthless operation

Their is two FC one is Frontier Constabulary and other is Frontier Corps What is the difference ?
FC KPK - FC Balochistan are dufferent from Frontier constabulary ... Constabulary are just tribal police..

Frontier corps are paramilitary forces.

Back
Top Bottom