What's new

Pakistan Olympics hope

Talha Khan Abid

New Recruit

Reaction score
Hello sirs,

I doing some reasarch on sports performance in India Pakistan compared to China. Does Pakistan have any medal chance in field track event in London 2012?

This is Pakistani and India record compare to China

hrC38.jpg

bepMt.jpg

Sirs I see India beat China in 800m, 3000m, 10000m, Shot put and Discuss event. China top in the rest. Pakistan last in all. What Pakistan lack? And what need be done to improve Pakistan atheletes.

Thankz

I dont think any pakistani has qualified in track events in 2012 summer olympics till now..

Pakistan has two medal hopes-One in Hockey(though the recent performance in Azlan Shah is definitely a dampner)
And second- in tennis-Aisam quereshi(provided he qualifies.he is one match away from qualification. i am not sure how this will work, if he qualifies, it will be in men's doubles, so who is the other pakistani to team up with him.)

I dont think there is any hope in 100m...But a pakistani shooter has got wild card entry...

@ DUM Gai...brother your list need some correction...it doesnt give different statistics for male and female atheletes...And national record is not enough to make any comparison..recent performance is more important to analyse...Indian women won 400 m hurdles and 4*400 relay in last Asian Games...but none of them are competing in Olympic after consuming adulterated food suppliment.

A boy in a village runs faster than anybody i have seen... Now he is a talent who is probably wasted... The main problem comes in identifying the talents and training them... In a nation of 1,2billion talents are large, but identifying the main concern...

I dont see any medal coming our way. Sports is considered an unstable profession in Pakistan. Have seen many talented sportsmen but none of them went into sports because of pressure from family.

No hope for Pakistan and seriously in Pakistan nobody cares either. Sad stuff.

They might randomly win one or two medals, they have the potential to win a lot more but unfortunately there is no government support.

They might randomly win one or two medals, they have the potential to win a lot more but unfortunately there is no government support.

No medal this time again. Since 1992 we haven't win anything in Olympics. A country of 180 million and we have failed to win even a bronze medal in any games. Like any other dept same sad state of affairs in sports too.

No medal this time again. Since 1992 we haven't win anything in Olympics. A country of 180 million and we have failed to win even a bronze medal in any games. Like any other dept same sad state of affairs in sports too.
Yeah the chances look low but when it comes to sports, Pakistan is pretty random and can surprise you. (you expect them to win they lose, you expect to lose they win). It's the government fault that they neglect every sport except cricket.

Well Pakistan can only get better from this, thats the positive we can take...We need more teams from Asia in Olympics and other Competitions to be on medal Board...China looks to be getting medal every time they are playing in a Event in London...India are far from where they should have been in Olympic events...But in last decade or so Sporting facilities in india have improved a lot...That can be seen in Common wealth games(2010) where India finished second behind Australia with 101 medals...

Back
Top Bottom