What's new

Pakistan Olympics hope

A boy in a village runs faster than anybody i have seen... Now he is a talent who is probably wasted... The main problem comes in identifying the talents and training them... In a nation of 1,2billion talents are large, but identifying the main concern...

Indeed, some villagers are physically more competent and fit, only they need some coaching to perform better by adopting modern techniques. If governments are willing for hunt such tallents, only then it could be possible, but alas, governments/bureaucrates have their own priorities...

Pakistani Olympics squad sucks , i do not expect a gold.

Gold is far-off I don't even expect a bronze.

I think this thread is another example of what's wrong. The fact that these people made it the Olympics is a big deal, no need to say they suck because they made it without any help from the government. When you tell people that you expect nothing from them then obviously they are not going to perform their best. Pakistanis are too pessimistic in their outlook and thats why the state of the country is bad. When all your future outlooks and predictions are doom and gloom, then doom and gloom is what you'll get

Hello sirs,

I doing some reasarch on sports performance in India Pakistan compared to China. Does Pakistan have any medal chance in field track event in London 2012?

This is Pakistani and India record compare to China

hrC38.jpg

bepMt.jpg

Sirs I see India beat China in 800m, 3000m, 10000m, Shot put and Discuss event. China top in the rest. Pakistan last in all. What Pakistan lack? And what need be done to improve Pakistan atheletes.

Thankz

Where Pakistan lacks is Financial Resources. It takes money to bring your athletes come upto World Class standards.

No hope for Pakistan and seriously in Pakistan nobody cares either. Sad stuff.

You are right but peoples don't care about Olympic and medals because our participants in different sports are like attey mein nimak k barabar and they hardly manage to get there ..winning is too far..Its disappointed considering the population of Pakistan and India and majority peoples don't even have awareness about existence of different sports beside cricket or football

we need to develop a sport culture in Pakistan if we want to get excel in different sports but parent just want their kids to get good marks in education and just become doctors, engineers or want them to go in fields where there is good salary. sports education and activities should start from primary school but even in colleges you don't see any other sports beside hockey, cricket or football

You are right but peoples don't care about Olympic and medals because our participants in different sports are like attey mein nimak k barabar and they hardly manage to get there ..winning is too far..Its disappointed considering the population of Pakistan and India and majority peoples don't even have awareness about existence of different sports beside cricket or football

we need to develop a sport culture in Pakistan if we want to get excel in different sports but parent just want their kids to get good marks in education and just become doctors, engineers or want them to go in fields where there is good salary. sports education and activities should start from primary school but even in colleges you don't see any other sports beside hockey, cricket or football

I agree, In india though there are some initiatives being taken up now...c the video it tells the story...things are picking up in India...Indian Boxer are delivering on world stages quite consistently, hope to see the transformation in other sports too...

Olympics 2012 - Cheer for India - YouTube

Sports in Pakistan is on it's way to a downwards spiral.As a nation we lack in interest and attitude required in sports.
Most of the money is channelled towards cricket.And those cricketers are the spoiled sportsmen what all we have left with.
Hockey is suffering from lack of innovation and interest.

For a nation to build healthy sportsmen work is started from ground root level.The human body gradually develops upon it's own if there is a proper training facility and effort behind.But it demands a lot from individual and community level.

There is no ground level facilities or education that can keep the ones interested to match with the rest of the world.Results are now starting to manifest this weakness from the last decade onward ,it's a continuously demoralizing environment for all the sports(except cricket)...

Some months back i visited the Sports complex Islamabad, where intercollegiate level competitions are conducted ,athletes comes from all around the country.
And they have much to suffer, that's a whole new topic.

I was disappointed after talking to their managers and the people running such athletic events there.

A video i had uploaded for the ones interested.

(Deliberately edited...for blurring)

Absence of trainers.
Lack of resources and updated knowledge.
Lack of grounds with astro turf.(artificial turf).
And the biggest of all disappointing attitude.

And what do you expect?

You can hope against hope.

Last edited by a moderator:
well dont pour money, but atleast give it a sincere push to all the talented, we have dominated hockey while there was not much money poureed into it, we were best in squash and hockey till we started ruining the management, same goes for cricket.

won last hockey world cup in 1994 but still we are the most world cup winners after 18 years

so sincerety and merit is required the most

I have to say this, its good Pakistan is not fully part in London Olympics 2012, neither Pakistanis care much of London Olympics 2012. After seeing it the games are FAKE, heavily influenced by double-standard Europeans its no use anyways. For example Squash was not made part of Olympics, it was a definite Gold medal for Pakistan during the decades reign of World no 1s Jahangir Khan(the greatest player in the history of squash game) and the King Khan Jansher Khan.

I mean in Squash Jahangir Khan the greatest player of all time WON 555 games consecutively. The longest winning streak by any athlete in top-level professional sports as recorded by Guinness World Records.

Olympics nowadays have games which favour the double-standard Europeans and Americans. There is another issue that Pakistan being a MUSLIM country cannot participate or donot get home support for female games. Lack of funding, support, institutions or any interest limits Pakistanis more.

So Pakistan participated for the sake of participating and that's all it has to show. I would recommend Pakistan pulling out of Common Wealth Countries and refrain from joining Common Wealth games too.

I have to say this, its good Pakistan is not fully part in London Olympics 2012, neither Pakistanis care much of London Olympics 2012. After seeing it the games are FAKE, heavily influenced by double-standard Europeans its no use anyways. For example Squash was not made part of Olympics, it was a definite Gold medal for Pakistan during the decades reign of World no 1s Jahangir Khan(the greatest player in the history of squash game) and the King Khan Jansher Khan.

I mean in Squash Jahangir Khan the greatest player of all time WON 555 games consecutively. The longest winning streak by any athlete in top-level professional sports as recorded by Guinness World Records.

Olympics nowadays have games which favour the double-standard Europeans and Americans. There is another issue that Pakistan being a MUSLIM country cannot participate or donot get home support for female games. Lack of funding, support, institutions or any interest limits Pakistanis more.

So Pakistan participated for the sake of participating and that's all it has to show. I would recommend Pakistan pulling out of Common Wealth Countries and refrain from joining Common Wealth games too.
Foolish comment.
Pakistan have not qualified for marathon race, boxers and other events and we have not good infrastructure.
And we have very bad timing in swimming and other competition.
If we invest more in sports, result will improve

We should push for T20 and Kabaddi in the Olympics. That way both India and Pakistan can expect at least 2 medals :)

Foolish comment.
Pakistan have not qualified for marathon race, boxers and other events and we have not good infrastructure.
And we have very bad timing in swimming and other competition.
If we invest more in sports, result will improve

Thats what I mean, Pakistanis donot have infrastructure, shouldn't it mean Pakistanis donot care and neither they donot have any interest left in Olympics??? Secondly, the british or Olympics associations are double - standard cheaters. Don't you see british Media suckers and Americans are so jealous and sick towards Chinese Success with Gold after Gold. China is beating these double standards one after one and their evil media come out lambasting with dope tests and drug accusations on Chinese.

I know for a fact Europeans and European Britis are the first most drug takers and cheats than anyone else!!!

Back
Top Bottom