What's new

Pakistan not invited by Joe Biden to "Climate Summit" while Turkey, Israel, China and others were

You accept it or Not... India has become a very big player in the world i.e comes in elite groups US, UK, Russia, China, Germany, France. Australia. and India. Any such form you will find the name of "India".

In the early 1980s, India was not having any value or reputation in the world but after the 1990s, it has changed.

Pakistan's name is limited to Two points - Nuclear war threats with India and Afghanistan -Taliban.

I accept that Pakistan doesn't have any standing on many places and India does have some standing on many place.
However, in the arena of technology control, India stands not where. This environmental thing will ensure the application of many technologies and restriction on many others. India is still on receiving end of those technologies. And again, like Uyghur issue, west will try to blackmail others.
Lets not fight over it. All we have to do is to keep keen eyes on proceedings and declarations. All will be clear soon.

Biden is showing signs of dementia so he most likely forgot. No big deal no one cares.
making a breaking news out of a non event.
I am sure there will be many such meets where not everyone invites their close allies let alone ones those that are distant now due to policy shifts.

I am sure people celebrating or whining over this omission will settle down soon.

It can be implemented only in an utopian society. Even if attempted, it is unlikely to be China or India. Might happen in one of the Scandinavian Countries.

Such will be implemented in the planned Saudi city called NEOM. The transportation part is called The Line. Doesn't involve personally-owned cars.

For societies to not have privately-owned personal transport vehicles it is not written by Nature in the night sky with stars forming the letters. Governments allowed these vehicles decades ago, governments can abolish these vehicles now and make efficient the taxi and bus system. There is no logical reason not to.

Such will be implemented in the planned Saudi city called NEOM. The transportation part is called The Line. Doesn't involve personally-owned cars.

For societies to not have privately-owned personal transport vehicles it is not written by Nature in the night sky with stars forming the letters. Governments allowed these vehicles decades ago, governments can abolish these vehicles now and make efficient the taxi and bus system. There is no logical reason not to.
I am not saying that your proposal is bad. It would be the best thing if implemented.

But is it Implementable? In a consumption driven society it is next to impossible.

I am not saying that your proposal is bad. It would be the best thing if implemented.

Thank you.

But is it Implementable? In a consumption driven society it is next to impossible.

Well, the issue will be not with technology - we already have taxis and buses - the issue will require a strong leadership who is able to convince the citizens that their society will become many times better. Modi strongly has the ear of many citizens. This can be his moment to leave a good legacy. During the 2014 election campaign he spoke of 100 smart cities. This abolishment of the vehicles can become a large part of the smart cities.

So Pakistanis shouldn't put too much hope on future american military product including sub system like US engines for future procurement.

We haven't done that since 1990. Despite the childish manner of some fanboyson this forum, they armed forces have a policy on only buying and improving current American systems where we can do so with American funding.

The Pressler Amendment is not forgotten.

So basically 40 inflential and important nations that matter were invited.

Not inviting Pakistan to the Climate change summit was expected from the Biden administration. Unlike the Republicans, who are always cosy in their dealings with the global establishments. The Democrats tend to tilt(promote) towards the democratic setups historically. Unfortunately, the current setup in Pakistan is considered a HYBRID system by many abroad. We also know Biden had personal relationships with our former regimes, which may also be a factor. Change in views on Capitol Hill has always been reciprocated by our Establishment, by sounding the retreat.

President Joe Biden administration announced that the United States of America would be holding an online World Leaders’ Climate Summit in the month of April. The White House statement released on March 26th said “President Biden invited 40 world leaders to the Leaders Summit on Climate he will host on April 22 and 23. The virtual Leaders Summit will be live-streamed for public viewing”.

According to the statement by the White House, the key themes of the summit are set to revolve around the urgency – and the economic benefits – of stronger climate action.

In the list of invitees included several world leaders like PM Modi of India, PM Sheikh Hasina of Bangladesh, PM Lotay Tshering and others like President Putin of Russia and Xi Jinping from China.

Other countries whose premiers have been invited to the Climate Summit include Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Republic of the Congo, Denmark, European Commission, France, Gabon, Germany, Indonesia, Israel, Jamaica, Japan, Mexico, Singapore amongst others.

------

This would have probably been the only summit where Imran Khan and Netanyahu would have been speaking on the same forum.

I feel that Biden is carrying Obama's legacy by snubbing Pakistan. Trump at least recognized Pakistan's importance.

Imran has been diagnosed with Covid, did that play a factor.?
If it didn't no worries, Pakistan should continue it's progress towards clean energy. You don't need validation or direction from them.
Bidden doesn't know which day of the week it is, and just yesterday was talking about cementing strong ties, and now this. Does he have split personality syndrome as well now?
Oh as for the invitees, wait till his administration starts to ask you to MEET targets or they will get upset.

Last edited:
The US keeps chopping and changing its policies, I am not surprised, it shows US cannot be trusted anytime.

If I look at the history then I found more than 50 years, USA was your's daddy.

Coming to CPEC, it's not about Pakistan. USA i interested because of CHina. They do want any alternate route thru Pakistan. That's it...

We have a good relationship with USA and Russia..... it shows our independent foreign policy... and, readlly, bravo to our policy makers.....
good relation with Russia, so were you invited in moscow. this quad is like three idiots pitting a retard against a giant.

President Joe Biden administration announced that the United States of America would be holding an online World Leaders’ Climate Summit in the month of April. The White House statement released on March 26th said “President Biden invited 40 world leaders to the Leaders Summit on Climate he will host on April 22 and 23. The virtual Leaders Summit will be live-streamed for public viewing”.

According to the statement by the White House, the key themes of the summit are set to revolve around the urgency – and the economic benefits – of stronger climate action.

In the list of invitees included several world leaders like PM Modi of India, PM Sheikh Hasina of Bangladesh, PM Lotay Tshering and others like President Putin of Russia and Xi Jinping from China.

Other countries whose premiers have been invited to the Climate Summit include Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Republic of the Congo, Denmark, European Commission, France, Gabon, Germany, Indonesia, Israel, Jamaica, Japan, Mexico, Singapore amongst others.

------

This would have probably been the only summit where Imran Khan and Netanyahu would have been speaking on the same forum.

I feel that Biden is carrying Obama's legacy by snubbing Pakistan. Trump at least recognized Pakistan's importance.
Khan has done a lot in terms of climate no need to Murica 😄

What's the big deal? A lot of countries are not invited, say Majority are not invited. Countries like Bhutan are invited because they prioritized the environment over the economy they are deserving to be there. India is the only G20 country that is fulfilling the 2degree compatible, condition set through the Paris Climate accords.

Kamala Harrist effect ...... ??????

Back
Top Bottom