What's new

Pakistan needs a Two Child Policy

What is relationship you are drawing between population growth and slums?

China with its 1 child policy followed for decades has larger slum population than India

spahk5.jpg

http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...ackground-Paper.pdf+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

Hi syama .
I'm trying to present the effect of Poverty and its riposte to Human development and standard of living, the one where Europeans laugh at us Asians because we're apparently too busy to forget our Lower Class citizens .
Recently on Quora I see ton's of questions "How can I emigrate to Finland/Norway etc from Pakistan"
We need to get this portion of our Class system lifted ,Not just in Pakistan but India also to compete with "Europe".
Of-course many people think I'm crazy on this forum when I say that :lol: but I believe firmly Pakistan and India "Enemies now" but not "forever"
I wouldn't be crazy for holding my views now that Islamophobia is on the rise in Europe due to "Immigrants" Clearly.
Many Immigrants from Pak/India are from those Slums (Lower classes) that immigrant abroad and create problems ,Now we've read lots of news on Pakistanis /Indians doing stuff abroad ...Haven't we?

Bro I'm not great with knowing what religion says on this topic but I think solving the Population boom will help millions of Pakistanis in Lots of ways.
When many Pakistanis do corruption and drink etc ,Why not do something even if its against Religion which ends up making A difference for the country and its people .

Truly, your Lord enlarges the provision for whom He wills and straitens (for whom He wills). Verily, He is Ever All-Knower, All-Seer of His slaves. (30)

And kill not your children for fear of poverty. We shall provide for them as well as for you. Surely, the killing of them is a great sin. (31)

Surah Al Isra

Most Pakistani (if not every Pakistani) eats the quantity double of an average say Korean or some other slim nation.
Rubbish. Most Pakistani's eat then lie flat or sit down. Koreans eat but they are physically very, very active.

And this is a great idea. No point in applauding China all the time but not learning a thing from them. What did the prophet (pbuh) say about China. 2 should be the cap. Of course many are going to break that cap but people also brake the 30mph speed limit but that does not mean we should not have speed limit. The idea is to deter people from having more than 2.

Ideally you need about 2.2 per couple to sustian your population. However if you place 2 as cap many will go over that number so in effect you will end up with the ideal number. I don't think anybody should go to prison.. It should be financial penalties couple with across the board public education campaign.

Last edited:
I can see many people have 4 or 5 kids, they can't afford them, they throws few of them in madrasa . MAny people did suicide due to poverty having 4+ children.
Government should implement taxes if you have more than one child. Government should adopt 1 child policy. It will reduce poverty which is good for economy

in islam the decision of family planning rests entirely on the couple. if they want few kids it depends on them and there are means of family planning allowed in islam. however, it is simply not allowed to make it a law or policy to restrict the number of kids. if someone does it he goes against the laws made by Allah and Prophet SAW which means he/ she thinks he is better law maker then the creator.
people will call me mullah or whatever but i my job is to say what is allowed in islam and what is not. i do not force it on others .

It's this kind of thinking that's making Islam a regressive joke... which is turning off the next generation.

The jahil mullahs don't get it. You are losing the battle of the hearts.

Over population is a serious concern.. A one child or two child policy is needed, but alas in our mullah inspired country this would never be possible.

Please quote quran or legit hadith which says family planning is explicitly haram?...

Truly, your Lord enlarges the provision for whom He wills and straitens (for whom He wills). Verily, He is Ever All-Knower, All-Seer of His slaves. (30)

And kill not your children for fear of poverty. We shall provide for them as well as for you. Surely, the killing of them is a great sin. (31)

Surah Al Isra
Is population control Killing? or suffering from Poverty and then killing somebody under the circumstances.
I think Quran talks about a Empirical approach.

No, it doesn't need one. More access to birth control, yes. But certainly not a 2-child policy

People should see what happened to Iran and China's fertility rate before saying things like this. Once your fertility rate drops, it almost never goes back up. There are huge economic consequences that come with a declining population.

No, it doesn't need one. More access to birth control, yes. But certainly not a 2-child policy

People should see what happened to Iran and China's fertility rate before saying things like this. Once your fertility rate drops, it almost never goes back up. There are huge economic consequences that come with a declining population.

But falling fertility rates is also a function of economic progress. The developed world -- US, Europe, Japan, etc. -- all have declining fertility rates, to the point, that it's falling below replacement rate. This could happen to Pakistan too as it progresses economically. As more people enter the middle class, the fewer children they will have. I'm seeing this in India, where middle class families now have 2-3 kids at the most. Sharp contrast to my parent's generation, both whom have more then 5 siblings a piece.

On topic no 2 child policy is going to happen in Pakistan. Sorry this crap is not allowed in Islam and Muslims prefer Islam over this crap. Secondly we need to control corruption and other problems rather than controlling population.
Madrasa people can't afford more than 2 children, otherwise they have to suffer poverty, and many doing suicide because they can't afford their expense. Poverty is one of the reason people selling their children, even few of them going to extremists groups and joining banned terrorist organizations. Having 5+ children, they can't afford to send their children in English medium schools.
Even they can't afford to send them in government schools too. You have mind , use it, Do planning. And feed 2 children best, make their career in military & English medium schools and most expensive schools, make them engineer, scientist ,doctors.
Madrasa people have very large percentage of poverty due to no planning. Hence they have to suffer.

Last edited:
Did I say population control, is equal to killing?
You tell me ???

So did you forget to read the consequences of a population overload? In-fact let me tell you that ,People are suffering in Pakistan due to that...

You skipped the 10 points which I wrote? Open the link which I gave in Post #1 ,Check how many babies are born in 10 Minutes,To give you an idea.
6th Most populous country in the world is some achievement isn't it?I guess of the many Pakistanis living abroad like you take Pride in that . Not the first I came across
Its great if you've got the proper structure to keep it afloat If not,then its total chaos which is happening in Pakistan.
its Way over the tipping point ,You should know that living abroad about your homecountry.

Countries by percent of population living below $3.10 in 2011 PPP dollars.

Ever heard a poor old Pakistani lady saying " Do waqt ka khana nahi Milta" on a Pakistan News channel.
Maybe if you have a less population you can support those people by assembling available and also new Jobs.
I don't think that a huge population for a Developing country is the Right way to go.
Scale down Population ,Completely change the education system.
Otherwise we're gonna see many problems in the coming years.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom