What's new

Pakistan needs a Two Child Policy

Such threads are useless and generally opened by people with little knowledge. I don't reply to these topics but I guess my (little) expertise in some related field can come in handy for fanboys who just repeat the mantra without any actual knowledge of the issue being discussed. So here goes...

Pakistan does not need a 2 kids policy because that would be disastrous for us when our current generation reaches retirement age. Google the notion of "Population pyramids." In simple terms, if my parents produced 6 kids---and then I go on to produce only 1 kid---and millions of people have the same experience---then it next twenty years, my culture would face a collapse. See, if 10 workers are working in an economy and supporting 4 old retiree (their parents who produced them)--then the system is stable. However, imagine these same ten works just produce 5 kids---so when they will retire, the national economy would have 5 workers supporting 10 retirees--which means BURDEN. Now imagine if Pakistanis stop producing 3,4 kids on average and adapt European model of reproduction.

We will COLLAPSE!! Our economy isn't "automated" like Germany's. We NEED workers to keep our economy growing (and hopefully one day becoming fully industrialized economy)---but till then, we need a stable population growth. Which would be 3 kids etc.

Slowly, Pakistan's population WILL stabilize and even start to decrease (natural phenomenon). But lets not try to "force" something without giving a proper thought to it. Chinese adapted a 1 kid policy because it suited their environment and leadership's goal.

Why hasn't U.S adopted such policy? Because their environment is different.

So please, stop coming up with these stupid threads. Pakistan should rather focus on using our workforce to become industrialized. Population decrease is happening already and will happen with time. Lets exploit our potential before we miss this opportunity as well!

Pakistani people need education . just education. other matters will solve by time .
I agree with you, the literacy rate is 60% this is awful and India is at 73% ...

The only way this will work is that if a penalty of Rs10 lacs is applied for each child after the 2nd child. If unable to pay then the punishment will be 15 years in prison.
Financial punishment then should only be depending on the economic standing of a family.
Super rich Class (Nawaz sharif ,Mian mansha etc) 80 Lac's per year
Upper-Class 30 Lacs A year Depending on Monthly Income
Middle Upper 10 lacs
Middle Middle 6 lacs
Middle lower 5 lacs
Lower 4 lacs
Lower lower (None) ?
2 child policy is not necessarily should be the limit,You can impose penalties on the Upper class if they cross the limit,Years of tax evasion will be retrieved from all classes especially the 10 Percent billionaires.
Btw don't imprison people that will create a mess

One thing I would like to add.
Putting a limit at 1 or 2 is wrong.
The Population Replacement Level is at near 2.2. Means below it, in the long run you would face problems like that of Japan and Russia with an ageing population.

A better policy is to pour in all efforts for education. Education not only to children but to elders too. Teach them basics . Its a big thing.

And after that give appreciation packages for first two kids.

We will COLLAPSE!! Our economy isn't "automated" like Germany's. We NEED workers to keep our economy growing (and hopefully one day becoming fully industrialized economy)---but till then, we need a stable population growth. Which would be 3 kids etc.
Valid point and I respect that,Now read the updated Post #1 in blue and red.

Slowly, Pakistan's population WILL stabilize and even start to decrease (natural phenomenon). But lets not try to "force" something without giving a proper thought to it. Chinese adapted a 1 kid policy because it suited their environment and leadership's goal.
That is totally stupid to think Pakistan's population will stabilize automatically,Unless you are the Mullah type and God will resolve it.
Pakistan's median age is what ? Do you know that????Do you even know what Population pyramid means?
pakistanpop.gif

Look at 2025/2000 ,That means you've a healthy Generation growth.You seriously think even if you enact 2 child policy in full swing We'll collapse??
People in this country flee and die in sea seeking refuge and work abroad in the hands of smugglers and this pai ji thinks that we'll go extinct or resolve automatically .

So please, stop coming up with these stupid threads.
Its my country and I can talk about it anyway I want.
I deserve to talk about my country,Unlike many families ,Mine never made billions even though we ruled a district for 300 years ,Even though many of my family were senior civil servants,Instead we always gave away and helped people,I guess I deserve to talk about this country, Population growth is a humongous problem for the poor ,I care because I come from a long lineup of Philanthropists
After my father's retirement we had to settle for a 6 marla house,from 1 Canal one when we had many GOP cars,lol I think I deserve to talk about this country ,I doubt somebody who Lives miles away in the US does much more than I do.

I think that title suits you better.

Easier said then done, what you going to do when someone "accidentally" has more then 2?

Improving tax collection is a better start.

Last edited:
in islam the decision of family planning rests entirely on the couple. if they want few kids it depends on them and there are means of family planning allowed in islam. however, it is simply not allowed to make it a law or policy to restrict the number of kids. if someone does it he goes against the laws made by Allah and Prophet SAW which means he/ she thinks he is better law maker then the creator.
people will call me mullah or whatever but i my job is to say what is allowed in islam and what is not. i do not force it on others .

Most Pakistani (if not every Pakistani) eats the quantity double of an average say Korean or some other slim nation. So we can easily support 400 Million if we are educated enough.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom