What's new

Featured Pakistan Navy Type 054AP Frigates - Update, News & Discussion

Its a beautiful ship but should had been the newer B version. I mean if we are going to buy something that is going to stay for decades, at least buy newer and advanced versions of it.
Everyone loves the bis and most fancy toy but the military has many more things to take into consideration when comes to procurement.

more photos
7b99-iyaiihm1508695.jpg
af51-iyaiihm1508632.jpg
ae34-iyaiihm1508627.jpg

NEWS is CM-302 290km

It could be a locally produced variant of C803 considering it was under development for a while now. Pakistan has recently opted for all the missile with TOT examples being Zarb coastal defense missile. There were also reports of SAM development so could be getting HQ16 under TOT as well.

Its a beautiful ship but should had been the newer B version. I mean if we are going to buy something that is going to stay for decades, at least buy newer and advanced versions of it.
The PLAN does not even have the 054B, and an export version of it will only come several years after the Chinese receive them. So you are looking at around 2030 by the earliest for their export, which is far too late for the PN.

The PLAN does not even have the 054B, and an export version of it will only come several years after the Chinese receive them. So you are looking at around 2030 by the earliest for their export, which is far too late for the PN.
Maybe there will be Type 054C or others at that moment.:p:

It could be a locally produced variant of C803 considering it was under development for a while now. Pakistan has recently opted for all the missile with TOT examples being Zarb coastal defense missile. There were also reports of SAM development so could be getting HQ16 under TOT as well.
C803 is YJ83-200km,CM-302 is 290km.so I guess use CM-302?

C803 is YJ83-200km,CM-302 is 290km.so I guess use CM-302?

Yes it is most likely CM 302. CM302 will also probably form basis for new series of cruise missiles in Harbah and Zarb family.

Back
Top Bottom