What's new

Pakistan Navy Questions Thread

Hey guys, okay you have a good army and your air force isn't bad. But frenkly the **** Navy is fucved up. I think the gov't should give the most money for this branch of **** armed forces. Btw can anyone inform me about Pakistani Naval Aviation? (with pictures pls.) :)

page 1 post 8...
nothing worth seeing expect PC-3 ..
chk out in gallery....

P3C and P-8i are comparable aircrafts or not??
can P-8i fire harpoons missiles???

P3C are more advanced as the one PN have are most advanced havind AWACS and newest upgrades with surrvillance,anti sub,anti surface and long pattroling capabilities....

pakistan is getting Oliver perry class frigate in 2010 are we getting any more mean some sources says that pakistan wants 6 of them

negitive...
Pakistan is looking forwards to get 4-6 more F-22P with upgraded anti air crafts capabilities. ..

can pakistan really built agosta 90 with out french engineers help i know we have to import lot of stuff but can we really assemble by our own and any plan of building more subs (agosta 90) in near future

PN can built full subs with imported engine and radars,avionics etc but PN dont have any plans for such subs...
they are looking for german U-214 with TOT or chinees Quing class subs.....
chinees subs are.more likely to be induced....

what is difference b/w destroyer, frigate and covertee??
is there any PN plans to induce any covertee and destroyer...
and why PN dont have any covertee and destroyer...PN dont need them at all??

Yes
our navy have any plans to buy any aircraft carrier similar to the ins viraat?

first of all we dont need aircraft carriers we dont have huge coast line to defend like india and they are too expensive to procure and operate
we just need to get more subs and pray we can get some more ohps

Carriers are not for the defence of coastline. They are for power projection i.e. projecting force elsewhere (typically far away from home)

Sir
: a question for you, how can the air defence of F-22P be increased... can it be FL-3000N instead of FM-90, which will be again point defence, just an increase of quantity from 8 to 24, or it should be VLS cells... but then the question will be of missile ESSM or Shtil.... what would be more effective given the main threat perception of supersonic brahmos.

Sir : a question for you, how can the air defence of F-22P be increased... can it be FL-3000N instead of FM-90, which will be again point defence, just an increase of quantity from 8 to 24, or it should be VLS cells... but then the question will be of missile ESSM or Shtil.... what would be more effective given the main threat perception of supersonic brahmos.
ANY vertical launch missile would be an improvement over the current HQ7: better capability to defend against multi-axis AShM attacks. To fully reap benefits of a VL missile, one would preferably have either multiple fire control channels rather than the current single channel for the SAM system (e.g. quadpacked ESSM from Mk41, with 2 STIR), or a fire and forget SAM (active radar homing and imaging IR homing VL Mica variants or IIRH VL Umkhonto for example, or MK41 with quadpacked RAM block 2). Against a supersonic missile, extra missile range is nice but needs to be backed up by suitable modern radars.

Ideally: 1x 8-cell Mk41 with 32 ESSM (and/or any number of Single Cell Launcher distributed around the ship where space and weight allow) , backed by e.g Australian CEAFAR/CEAMOUNT radars in an integrated mast as refitted to HMAS Perth or as proposed for the US Patrol frigate. Extensible Launching System (ExLS) will allow other munitions to be carried in Mk41 and SCL besides ESSM e.g. RAM block 2 and Nulka decoy.

HMAS Perth: Before and After refitting with Ceafar/Ceamount
HMAS_Perth.jpg
HMAS_Perth.jpg

ps: wonder if Genesis would be suitable for F22P variant, certainly would match with use of ESSM

Alternatively, the fire and forget VL Mica and Umkhonto SAM would be very nice systems to have on an F22P variant, not in the last place because they are VL but do not require illuminating / missile direction radars of any kind. Some 16 rounds of either missile mated to a (active) high rate 3D radar and an (passive) IRST would do nicely, even if range would be less than HQ7.

051951900_1143770684.jpg

Could someone please point me to right direction, i am looking the pictures of Mirage Rose upgrade III, II and I?

gaOHw.jpg

It's from CTF151. The other guys are okay. But I couldn't figure out the blue dressed brother. Is he from PN?

page 1 post 8...
nothing worth seeing expect PC-3 ..
chk out in gallery....

P3C are more advanced as the one PN have are most advanced havind AWACS and newest upgrades with surrvillance,anti sub,anti surface and long pattroling capabilities....

negitive...
Pakistan is looking forwards to get 4-6 more F-22P with upgraded anti air crafts capabilities. ..

i beg to differ with the bold part, both P8Is n P3Cs r nearly equal in capabilities however P8Is have a slight edge over P3Cs but P8Is r more suitable for India's needs considering our long coastline n Blue water navy ambitions while P3Cs suits more Pak's need besides that P8I being a newer platform has a lot more scope for improvement while P3Cs have reached the end of there life...:)

i beg to differ with the bold part, both P8Is n P3Cs r nearly equal in capabilities however P8Is have a slight edge over P3Cs but P8Is r more suitable for India's needs considering our long coastline n Blue water navy ambitions while P3Cs suits more Pak's need besides that P8I being a newer platform has a lot more scope for improvement while P3Cs have reached the end of there life...:)

well i suppose they are almost equal.....
ok not equal but almost...
and US equips never ends....
yessss i know P3 can't be now much upgraded while P-8s upgradation chances are very much.....
we got P-3 almost for free soo we have no woory...
GOP hates to spend some on PN so we always really on used and US or chinees soft loans for our Navy.....:coffee:

Could someone please point me to right direction, i am looking the pictures of Mirage Rose upgrade III, II and I?

pictures gallery..!!
:cheers:

gaOHw.jpg

It's from CTF151. The other guys are okay. But I couldn't figure out the blue dressed brother. Is he from PN?

yes, blue uniform is the older one , it has been replaced by the grey one

Back
Top Bottom