What's new

Pakistan navy post 2020 - Future Plans

Why do we need to install the HQ-16 to MILGEM? and now MILGEM has VLS?

as I know. nntil now. Turkish warships still do not have any VLS. so this is not our problem.

Im not sure what your question is...Are you asking why China needs to allow integration of HQ-16 into MILGEM as it is a Turkish design or are you asking how it can be installed because MILGEM doesnt have VLS?

The second part is the easiest...PN MILGEM/ADA class will actually be larger than those operated by the Turks. It will be approximately 10m larger according to some reports and will support a 16 cell VLS, so theoretically, it will be able to field HQ-16. They will be known as the Jinnah Class Frigates.

As for why China needs to allow the integration...it doesnt need to. The PN has requested China to allow it to integrate HQ-16 on Jinnah Class as it currently wants to operate HQ-16 as its standard naval missile. China can consider it or refuse it up to its own desires, no one can demand anything of China. But why China would want to allow its integration is that it further moves PN down the line as far as the HQ-16 being the standard missile for all PN ships. What is to say that if PN gets another missile for MILGEM that during an F-22P MLU, they dont choose that missile instead? Plus, there is little to no risk to allow PN to integrate the missile onto MILGEM except that Turkey is a NATO member. That however, didnt seem to be a big deal to Russia vis a vis the S400, nor was it a big deal to China when it wanted to sell Turkey the HQ-9, so I doubt it will be a big deal here. The only issue China will have is why PN didnt go to China for its ships (for example, why not more Type 054A frigate). The answer simply is this is a much smaller and less expensive ship to operate and China has nothing of a similar class unless it further develops the Type 053, for which there are some designs available, but nothing off the drawing board. For PN it is also about diversifying supply chain.

Why do we need to install the HQ-16 to MILGEM? and now MILGEM has VLS?

as I know. nntil now. Turkish warships still do not have any VLS. so this is not our problem.
Pakistan's MILGEM is a custom version with VLS (officially confirmed).

The frontrunner for the MILGEM/Jinnah-class' VLS is LY80.

Im not sure what your question is...Are you asking why China needs to allow integration of HQ-16 into MILGEM as it is a Turkish design or are you asking how it can be installed because MILGEM doesnt have VLS?

The second part is the easiest...PN MILGEM/ADA class will actually be larger than those operated by the Turks. It will be approximately 10m larger according to some reports and will support a 16 cell VLS, so theoretically, it will be able to field HQ-16. They will be known as the Jinnah Class Frigates.

As for why China needs to allow the integration...it doesnt need to. The PN has requested China to allow it to integrate HQ-16 on Jinnah Class as it currently wants to operate HQ-16 as its standard naval missile. China can consider it or refuse it up to its own desires, no one can demand anything of China. But why China would want to allow its integration is that it further moves PN down the line as far as the HQ-16 being the standard missile for all PN ships. What is to say that if PN gets another missile for MILGEM that during an F-22P MLU, they dont choose that missile instead? Plus, there is little to no risk to allow PN to integrate the missile onto MILGEM except that Turkey is a NATO member. That however, didnt seem to be a big deal to Russia vis a vis the S400, nor was it a big deal to China when it wanted to sell Turkey the HQ-9, so I doubt it will be a big deal here. The only issue China will have is why PN didnt go to China for its ships (for example, why not more Type 054A frigate). The answer simply is this is a much smaller and less expensive ship to operate and China has nothing of a similar class unless it further develops the Type 053, for which there are some designs available, but nothing off the drawing board. For PN it is also about diversifying supply chain.
Sorry, I don't discuss politics. I only look at reality(only discuss reality).

my question is simple. Turkish frigate had VLS? you know HQ16 is a very mature weapon. It is generally equipped with type 054, type 052c, type 052d, and type 055. do we really need to develop VLS for small frigates?—— OK. Now China agrees to equip the HQ16 to the Turkish frigate (I strongly support it). but where is the VLS of the Turkish frigate? or is it just PPT?

We should ask Turkish friends. when can i see your VLS? or let China help Turkish frigates develop VLS?

Sorry, I don't discuss politics. I only look at reality(only discuss reality).

my question is simple. Turkish frigate had VLS? you know HQ16 is a very mature weapon. It is generally equipped with type 054, type 052c, type 052d, and type 055. do we really need to develop VLS for small frigates?—— OK. Now China agrees to equip the HQ16 to the Turkish frigate (I strongly support it). but where is the VLS of the Turkish frigate? or is it just PPT?

We should ask Turkish friends. when can i see your VLS? or let China help Turkish frigates develop VLS?
Not only we need to develop VLS but need to develop VLS which can carry Cruise Missiles even we should try have that kind of VLS on both Type 54 and MILGEM

Pakistan's MILGEM is a custom version with VLS (officially confirmed).

The frontrunner for the MILGEM/Jinnah-class' VLS is LY80.
Sorry, I searched Google and Baidu,even Bing.

Only found this (or similar).
C0iUF4JXEAACYUY.jpg

No Turkish VLS like this.
tPhJ-hcyszsa5477795.gif

Sorry, I just discuss reality.

@Tank131 friend. I think China is willing to install HQ16 on Turkish frigates. but......

Last edited:

C0iUF4JXEAACYUY.jpg

tPhJ-hcyszsa5477795.gif

@Tank131 friend. I think China is willing to install HQ16 on Turkish frigates. but......
What BUT care to explain??

C0iUF4JXEAACYUY.jpg

tPhJ-hcyszsa5477795.gif

First-Steel-Cut-For-Pakistan-Navy-Milgem-Project-Ship.jpg

74226603_10157800486713914_3299058362531971072_o.jpg

Within the scope of the AMAN-2019 Exercise, which was hosted by the Pakistan Navy on February 8-12, 2019, in the Arabian Sea and the Indian Ocean with the participation of Defence Turkey Magazine as a special guest, Pakistan Navy (PN) Commander Admiral ABBASI visited the TCG Gökçeada Frigate and announced that Jinnah Class Corvettes (Pakistan Navy classifies them as Corvettes) will be equipped with a Vertical Launching System (VLS). However, he did not share any information about the number of ships to be equipped with the VLS. The ship image, which was shown at the PN MİLGEM Project 1st Steel Cutting Ceremony on September 29, 2019, featured two 8-cell Vertical Launching System (VLS) modules behind the main cannon as well as an Aselsan GÖKDENİZ Close-in Weapon System (CIWS) where the RIM-116 Mk49 Lancer is located. We also learned that there would be some differences in the design of the fourth Jinnah Class Frigate. Pakistani engineers and technicians who will begin on-the-job training during the construction of the first ship are expected to acquire the necessary know-how to make changes to the ADA Class Corvette design until the construction of the fourth ship. It was also stated that the fourth vessel would be designed jointly, and it will also be the first frigate designed by Pakistan with its own means. Due to VLS integration, the Jinnah Class will be longer and heavier than the ADA Class.

It is considered that the propulsion system to be used in Jinnah Class Frigates, which will be shaped according to the requirements of the Pakistan Navy, will include only diesel engines and not the LM2500 gas turbine. ADA Class Corvettes can reach a maximum speed of 31 knots with their propulsion system in the Combined Diesel and Gas (CODAG) configuration, which consists of two 32MW diesel engines and a gas turbine, while the maximum cruising speed of the Jinnah Class is 26 knots. We learned that the Jinnah Class Frigates will accommodate an additional 40 personnel compared to the ADA Class, and include ablution rooms and a small mosque. Unlike the ADA Class, which can stay at sea for 10 days, the Jinnah Class Frigates will be able to stay at sea for 15 days, and the ships will be armed with Chinese C-802 guided anti-ship missiles instead of Harpoon or ATMACA missiles. The Pakistan Navy is also expected to place the Harba Anti-ship Cruise Missile in the Jinnah Class vessels in the future. As noted above, the RIM-116B (Block 1A) Rolling Airframe Missiles (RAM) and the 21-cell Mk 49 Mod 3 Guided Missile Launching System (GMLS) located on the helicopter hangar, will be replaced with 20mm Phalanx or Aselsan product 35mm GÖKDENİZ CIWS. The ships will also be equipped with two 8-cell VLS, which can launch LY-80/HHQ-16 Medium Range Air Defence Missiles. The Jinnah Class Frigates will also incorporate several critical sub-systems of the ADA Class Corvette. Some of those are the Havelsan ADVENT Combat Management System (CMS), Aselsan ARES-2N ESM (ships are also expected to use AREAS-2NC ECM System), HIZIR Torpedo Countermeasure System, SMART-S Mk2 3D Search Radar, YALTES product EPKİS Integrated Platform Management System, and the Meteksan Defence product the YAKAMOS Hull-Mounted Sonar System. The Jinnah Class Frigates will also be equipped with the Naval Information Exchange System (NIXS) developed by MilSoft for the Pakistan Navy and the indigenous data-link system “Link Green.” The Pakistan Navy has established a nationwide communication infrastructure called RedLine to enable communication between NIXS-equipped platforms.

https://www.defenceturkey.com/en/content/a-look-at-latest-status-of-the-pn-milgem-project-3824

What are the plans for Pakistan Marines. Its 1 Division Strength force of 15K troops. Shouldnt they be armed with Wasp Class carriers with battalion size force for amphibious landings with VTOLs/Attacks helis on deck, to open a new front lets stay in gujrat and mumbai. ?

First-Steel-Cut-For-Pakistan-Navy-Milgem-Project-Ship.jpg

74226603_10157800486713914_3299058362531971072_o.jpg

Within the scope of the AMAN-2019 Exercise, which was hosted by the Pakistan Navy on February 8-12, 2019, in the Arabian Sea and the Indian Ocean with the participation of Defence Turkey Magazine as a special guest, Pakistan Navy (PN) Commander Admiral ABBASI visited the TCG Gökçeada Frigate and announced that Jinnah Class Corvettes (Pakistan Navy classifies them as Corvettes) will be equipped with a Vertical Launching System (VLS). However, he did not share any information about the number of ships to be equipped with the VLS. The ship image, which was shown at the PN MİLGEM Project 1st Steel Cutting Ceremony on September 29, 2019, featured two 8-cell Vertical Launching System (VLS) modules behind the main cannon as well as an Aselsan GÖKDENİZ Close-in Weapon System (CIWS) where the RIM-116 Mk49 Lancer is located. We also learned that there would be some differences in the design of the fourth Jinnah Class Frigate. Pakistani engineers and technicians who will begin on-the-job training during the construction of the first ship are expected to acquire the necessary know-how to make changes to the ADA Class Corvette design until the construction of the fourth ship. It was also stated that the fourth vessel would be designed jointly, and it will also be the first frigate designed by Pakistan with its own means. Due to VLS integration, the Jinnah Class will be longer and heavier than the ADA Class.

It is considered that the propulsion system to be used in Jinnah Class Frigates, which will be shaped according to the requirements of the Pakistan Navy, will include only diesel engines and not the LM2500 gas turbine. ADA Class Corvettes can reach a maximum speed of 31 knots with their propulsion system in the Combined Diesel and Gas (CODAG) configuration, which consists of two 32MW diesel engines and a gas turbine, while the maximum cruising speed of the Jinnah Class is 26 knots. We learned that the Jinnah Class Frigates will accommodate an additional 40 personnel compared to the ADA Class, and include ablution rooms and a small mosque. Unlike the ADA Class, which can stay at sea for 10 days, the Jinnah Class Frigates will be able to stay at sea for 15 days, and the ships will be armed with Chinese C-802 guided anti-ship missiles instead of Harpoon or ATMACA missiles. The Pakistan Navy is also expected to place the Harba Anti-ship Cruise Missile in the Jinnah Class vessels in the future. As noted above, the RIM-116B (Block 1A) Rolling Airframe Missiles (RAM) and the 21-cell Mk 49 Mod 3 Guided Missile Launching System (GMLS) located on the helicopter hangar, will be replaced with 20mm Phalanx or Aselsan product 35mm GÖKDENİZ CIWS. The ships will also be equipped with two 8-cell VLS, which can launch LY-80/HHQ-16 Medium Range Air Defence Missiles. The Jinnah Class Frigates will also incorporate several critical sub-systems of the ADA Class Corvette. Some of those are the Havelsan ADVENT Combat Management System (CMS), Aselsan ARES-2N ESM (ships are also expected to use AREAS-2NC ECM System), HIZIR Torpedo Countermeasure System, SMART-S Mk2 3D Search Radar, YALTES product EPKİS Integrated Platform Management System, and the Meteksan Defence product the YAKAMOS Hull-Mounted Sonar System. The Jinnah Class Frigates will also be equipped with the Naval Information Exchange System (NIXS) developed by MilSoft for the Pakistan Navy and the indigenous data-link system “Link Green.” The Pakistan Navy has established a nationwide communication infrastructure called RedLine to enable communication between NIXS-equipped platforms.

https://www.defenceturkey.com/en/content/a-look-at-latest-status-of-the-pn-milgem-project-3824
bro. they cut steel plates from 2019. so when can we see the Turkish frigate VLS? When was HQ16 installed on a Turkish frigate? This should ask Turkey.

@seven0seven

Back
Top Bottom