What's new

Pakistan Navy P-3C Orion Thread

Pakistan had 3 P-3 orions from before ..one of which crashed in 1999..ordered 7 P-3C/Haweyes(older refurbished ones) under FMF in 2006...
Has recieved 4 up till now..two of which have been destroyed.

Hence it will receive 3 more from US in coming days.

Hence total no in the inventory will be 7 instead of 10.

this Nation article is full of dis-information.

The composition of the PN naval air component is not the reason why the article was quoted and is imho the least interesting thing about the article (it is filler material)

7 is the number as mentioned.

I just hope they build an equal number of hangers for these assets and the new ones coming.Rather keeping two out in the middle and one parked in the hanger for the time being.

I guess Our Naval crooks parked them in the open so that the CIA/Mosaad trained terrorists can identify and destroy them easily.....:what:

The main Pakistan Naval Aviation base is located at Pakistan Navy Ship (PNS) Mehran, located on the western side of the runway. It operates a fleet of Alouette IIIs, Sea Kings, Atlantics, F-27 Friendships and P-3C Orions. The US Government recently agreed to donate seven P-3Cs to the Pakistan Navy through its Foreign Military Sales process, although they will be refurbished in Pakistan. To date two aircraft are believed to have been delivered, joining the two P-3Cs that were returned to service in September 2006 after years of being in store due to a lack of spares. China has sold six Harbin Z-9EC anti-submarine helicopters to the Pakistan Navy for use on their Type 21 destroyers, with the first of these delivered on 23rd September, 2009.

The Atlantics and the Sea King Mk. 46s can be equipped with the AM-39 Exocet for the anti-shipping role. The Lynx HAS.3s acquired from the Royal Navy in 1994 have recently been withdrawn from service, due to various reasons, so it is believed that the naval air arm has lost its capability to use Sea Skua and Mk 46 Lightweight Torpedoes in the anti-submarine role from helicopter platforms.

Also based at PNS Mehran, although not a component part of the PNA, are three BN-2 Defenders flown by the Maritime Surveillance Flight’s 93 Sqn. The Flight is mainly tasked for patrolling Pakistan’s Economic Exclusion Zone and reports to the Director General of the Maritime Security Agency

I think Type 21 ships already operate the Alouette. If the Harbin Z9 went to Type 21, then who what are being used by F-22p?

I think Pakistan bought 10 Z9s.....so all ships have Z9s.

I think Type 21 ships already operate the Alouette. If the Harbin Z9 went to Type 21, then who what are being used by F-22p?

I think Pakistan bought 10 Z9s.....so all ships have Z9s.

6 Z9ec's are in the inventory - no need to make up 'false' numbers

Even if what you say is right still the US congress has to be notified for such deliveries and congress seems to be in a bad mood lately.

Thus far, all recent such notifications have not met with much resistance. That IS the track record.

6 Z9ec's are in the inventory - no need to make up 'false' numbers

Carefull: someone can simply be mistaken, rather than making up 'false' numbers.

For example, the article below speaks of 'second batch of four' being delivered.
Some may read that as implying a first batch of four also having been delivered, making for a total of eight
Of course, the reality may simply be that the first batch had only two and the total would be six then.
Or the first batch may be six initial helicopters, which then suggest a total of ten.
http://www.onlinenews.com.pk/details.php?id=170782

orions were not used for fighting the talban on a daily basis...........their objective is india navy so nobody here thinks that india will attack us in the next 2 years hence we dont need them really urgently....

orions were not used for fighting the talban on a daily basis...........their objective is india navy so nobody here thinks that india will attack us in the next 2 years hence we dont need them really urgently....

Coastal Surveillance is as Important as It is in Blue water , Dont be India Centric all the Time, Forgetting about your own Coasts...Threat is not only from India

Coastal Surveillance is as Important as It is in Blue water , Dont be India Centric all the Time, Forgetting about your own Coasts...Threat is not only from India
pakistan has a defensive doctrine...so we dont need them to invade anyone!!....US aint gonna come.........iran does have no reason or material to come...only india is the threat from sea unless the TTP develops frigates!!!....our whole navy is being built with india in mind and not some other country or group...so we do sea surveillance to ward off indian ships and not control cargo ships!!

Mod Edit: Personal attack removed.

pakistan has a defensive doctrine...so we dont need them to invade anyone!!....US aint gonna come.........iran does have no reason or material to come...only india is the threat from sea unless the TTP develops frigates!!!....our whole navy is being built with india in mind and not some other country or group...so we do sea surveillance to ward off indian ships and not control cargo ships!!
..........get realistic dumbnut.

Refrain from getting personal, as I am of not in the same Level as that of you to damage the level of Intensity The Debates Happen Here, Coastal surveillance as I said before is a Vital role which every Country must Exercise.A Country needs complete operational picture of the sea ,round-the-clock to detect an Intrusion which should not necessarily Be from your immediate neighbors, It can be Even from Anti Social Elements, You need to Have these to Protect your Own Merchant Vessels In case of an Emergency, There are thousand other Para War roles Which it undertakes, But you happen to be obsessed with only one country, While the latter has just watched The Games as a Distant Neighbor.

We've just been programmed by UK/MI6 that only India is our only enemy ...and the whole west are our Masterz,.....:woot:

Back
Top Bottom