What's new

Pakistan Navy | News & Discussions.

Poor trigger finger discipline from commander

Commander Combined Task Force 150
pic-2.png

Official Release CMF.

Pak should go for indigenous building of heavy class destroyers having stealth features on which PN may install Chinese/Turkish based Offensive and defensive equipment especially a capable long range SAM system like Hq9.

there is news on news channels that PN has test fired live anti ship missiles from surface ships and airborne assets.

Can someone tell me what type of missiles are used??

Screenshot (14).png

Last edited:
Harpoon, ohp 7, Alamgir so now its Anti Ship Warfare plus Anti Sub Warefare (Torpedo tubes), ASW Weapons: 6-324mm Mk 32 (2 triple) tubes / Mk 46 torpedoes

Plus Close in Weapon Phalax and 1 Guns: 1-Mk 75 3"/62 cal. OTO Melara gun, 1-Vulcan Phalanx CIS, 4-.50 cal. MG's

Originally when transferred

Pakistan requires the capabilities of USS McINERNEY (FFG-8) to participate in U.S. and coalition led counter-narcotics and counter-piracy operations and to assist with Pakistan’s efforts to secure its maritime border. Pakistan will have no difficulty absorbing the ship into its armed forces.

Pakistan – Refurbishment of Oliver Hazard Perry Class Frigate | The Official Home of the Defense Security Cooperation Agency

Following just FYI

Boeing developing kit to upgrade Harpoon missiles for extended range

Grace Jean, National Harbor, Maryland - IHS Jane's Defence Weekly

Key Points
•Boeing aiming to double the range of its Harpoon missile
•Harpoon Next Generation will consist of a fuel-efficient engine, additional fuel, and a 300-pound class warhead

Boeing is developing a kit to upgrade existing Harpoon Block II missiles for extended range, in the hope of attracting interest from the US Navy's (USN's) new frigate programme, officials announced on 14 April.

Called Harpoon Next Generation, the new version would include a more fuel-efficient engine, additional fuel, and a smaller 300-pound class warhead, company officials told reporters at the Navy League Sea-Air-Space symposium in National Harbor, Maryland.

"We're looking at doubling the range of Harpoon from 67 nm to 134 nm," said Jim Brooks, director of cruise missile systems weapons programmes for Boeing Global Strike Weapons and Missile Systems, a division of Boeing Defense, Space and Security.

Existing customers, such as the USN and 27 international partners, would be able to upgrade their Harpoon Block II inventory with the kit, which could be supplied to a customer's depot for installation, or the customer could opt to have the kit installed by Boeing.

Last edited:
Pak should go for further upgrade of OHP i.e High altitude Air defence SAM like HQ9,Pesa/Aesa search radars (Chinese Based) with Babur Cruise Missile ( to be capable to attack both Sea/Land targets ranging from 700 to 1000KM) on urgent bnasis.
As our Type 21 frigates have passed their useful life. We may go for upgraded further four F22Ps armed with LY60SAMS already installed on Typ21s along with German Defense systems so far installed on them. Off course having PESAradars of Chinese origin.

May be it's time to arm PN ships with Babur Cruise Missile for Long Range and import CX01 to atatck target up to 280 to 300KM.

Pak should go for further upgrade of OHP i.e High altitude Air defence SAM like HQ9,Pesa/Aesa search radars (Chinese Based) with Babur Cruise Missile ( to be capable to attack both Sea/Land targets ranging from 700 to 1000KM) on urgent bnasis.
As our Type 21 frigates have passed their useful life. We may go for upgraded further four F22Ps armed with LY60SAMS already installed on Typ21s along with German Defense systems so far installed on them. Off course having PESAradars of Chinese origin.

May be it's time to arm PN ships with Babur Cruise Missile for Long Range and import CX01 to atatck target up to 280 to 300KM.
It would be safe to add all existing and modern frigrates with long range air defence missel sytems.

It would be safe to add all existing and modern frigates with long range air defense missile systems.
It is difficult to even add Medium level SAM on current F22P frigates meanwhile it is nearly impossible to install HQ9 on them due to space requirements. Only our OHP can be armed with HQ9 if possible. Further our F21 frigates already have medium level SAMs LY60 however they have passed their life and require replacement or if possible we should go for their major overhaul like Iranians done with their Seventy's era defense assets.
Our existing F22P smay be used in combo with heavy tonnage upgraded Frigates/destroyers as one having Medium/High level air defense while others having lower level capable Air defense capabilities. Further the new platforms should have enhanced ASW capabilities existing F22P torpedoes can attack Submarines only up to range of 15 KM.

It is difficult to even add Medium level SAM on current F22P frigates meanwhile it is nearly impossible to install HQ9 on them due to space requirements. Only our OHP can be armed with HQ9 if possible. Further our F21 frigates already have medium level SAMs LY60 however they have passed their life and require replacement or if possible we should go for their major overhaul like Iranians done with their Seventy's era defense assets.
Our existing F22P smay be used in combo with heavy tonnage upgraded Frigates/destroyers as one having Medium/High level air defense while others having lower level capable Air defense capabilities. Further the new platforms should have enhanced ASW capabilities existing F22P torpedoes can attack Submarines only up to range of 15 KM.
I dont know why Navy did always BULLSHIT....I HATE PLANERS OF PAK NAVY.....They let american aircraft carrier to destroy an atlantic survilience aircraft in between some where arabian sea and persian gulf....American hited Atlantic of PAK NAVY with air defence missel. .... PAK NAVY remained silent......Then they let indians to destroy annother ATLANTIK over RUN OF KUTCH......then 3 ....PC 3-oriens........frigates are not equiped with good sams......with these systems they they can just defend ships against....seagulls.....sparow....and other birds but not enemy....like india.....Radars on ships are not modern.......torpedos have small range........and list is long.......Fast attack boats lack.....self defence.....no automated computerised short range missels......no TV IR radar guided anti aircraft guns....just manual......thats mean.....when Brahmos is on its way towards our frigrate and fast attack boats.....chief of Naval staff will send a letter or may be sms please one sailer at 10 PM at night should sit on seat of antiaircraft gun and do self defence. .......nonsense and bullshit....bullshit. ....bullshit........they send their survilience aircrafts when no fighter is in that area....i have fear now.......i have fear now our chines AWACS KARAKORAM EAGEL ARE ALSO STATIONED IN KARACHI.......I HAVE FEAR......NAVY IST NOT SERIOUS TO ACCESS THE MODERN ENEMY THREATS.......THEY TOOK TRANSFER OF TECNOLOGY FOR AGOSTA 90 B SUBMARINES AND IN LAST 15 YEARS THEY DIDNT BULIT A SINGEL.....AGOSTA 90 B SUBMARINES AT HOME ....THEN WHY TRANSFER OF TECHNOLOGY.......AGAIN BULLSHIT........

Last edited:
I dont know why Navy did always BULLSHIT....I HATE PLANERS OF PAK NAVY.....They let american aircraft carrier to destroy an atlantic survilience aircraft in between some where arabian sea and persian gulf....American hited Atlantic of PAK NAVY with air defence missel. .... PAK NAVY remained silent......Then they let indians to destroy annother ATLANTIK over RUN OF KUTCH......then 3 ....PC 3-oriens........frigates are not equiped with good sams......with these systems they they can just defend ships against....seagulls.....sparow....and other birds but not enemy....like india.....Radars on ships are not modern.......torpedos have small range........and list is long.......Fast attack boats lack.....self defence.....no automated computerised short range missels......no TV IR radar guided anti aircraft guns....just manual......thats mean.....when Brahmos is on its way towards our frigrate and fast attack boats.....chief of Naval staff will send a letter or may be sms please one sailer at 10 PM at night should sit on seat of antiaircraft gun and do self defence. .......nonsense and bullshit....bullshit. ....bullshit........they send their survilience aircrafts when no fighter is in that area....i have fear now.......i have fear now our chines AWACS KARAKORAM EAGEL ARE ALSO STATIONED IN KARACHI.......I HAVE FEAR......NAVY IST NOT SERIOUS TO ACCESS THE MODERN ENEMY THREATS.......THEY TOOK TRANSFER OF TECNOLOGY FOR AGOSTA 90 B SUBMARINES AND IN LAST 15 YEARS THEY DIDNT BULIT A SINGEL.....AGOSTA 90 B SUBMARINES AT HOME ....THEN WHY TRANSFER OF TECHNOLOGY.......AGAIN BULLSHIT........

About the Atlanitc and P3C- Orions I give you right ! Same for air defence, there is no need and sense for mass maritime air crafts if there is no air defence for them !

Fl.3000 N a very potent short range air defence missel sytem guide its missel with IR imaging and radio frequency......our Azmat class missel boats have CIWS but systems like this are missing..........

"NEED OF THE TIME"
Pak Nay have to standerize its all existing ships.......all.....Fast attack boats.......Frigates.....Destroyers in future for CIWS with FL.3000N and Laser TV Infra Red imaging guided 23 mm CIWS gun.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-11-24-06-17-26.png
    Screenshot_2015-11-24-06-17-26.png
    895.4 KB · Views: 78

Looks like you're middle name is B'S

Looks like you're middle name is B'S
Because.......I love Pakistan but what Navy plans.....for future or performed in last two decades, since 1995 onwards not good...but too bad.......my point of view is......Navy ships.....those who operate at a distance from port in open sea they need very good air defenceand and CIWS but it is not the case with navy......we are not just out numbered but also making mistakes....when getting new ships by selecting outdated hardware......air force can not give 24/7 air support to navy.......History proved that in battle of Longwala......and Atlantik incident in Run of Kutch.....that Frigrates needed badly long range air defence missels.....and when the Argument is...oh these frigates are small so such systems dont fit there then my cross question is who did this mistake by buying and planning F 22P and same is with Azmat class Fast attack boats.....they lack also short range SAM RAM system .. such as FL.3000 N .....why navy planer are not aware of modern warfare....kija thori pi houti hai.....why they do not learn from history.....is'nt this BULLSHIT......what they do....!

Last edited:
China's first oversea base
I will keep this short. We have report that China has signed a ten year deal with Djibouti for its first oversea naval base. Andrew Erickson provided a good analysis of today's development in this article. The location makes a lot of sense since China has been making port calls there as part of its missions in Gulf of Aden. This 2010 Jamestown article did a good job of exploring what had been an expanding support network for PLAN up until that point. Certainly, as Chinese naval influence grows in this region with more port calls, patrols and joint exercises, I think there will be more arrangements where China establishes what looks like oversea base (even if they are not called that).
Posted by Feng at 4:06 PM

Because.......I love Pakistan but what Navy plans.....for future or performed in last two decades, since 1995 onwards not good...but too bad.......my point of view is......Navy ships.....those who operate at a distance from port in open sea they need very good air defenceand and CIWS but it is not the case with navy......we are not just out numbered but also making mistakes....when getting new ships by selecting outdated hardware......air force can not give 24/7 air support to navy.......History proved that in battle of Longwala......and Atlantik incident in Run of Kutch.....that Frigrates needed badly long range air defence missels.....and when the Argument is...oh these frigates are small so such systems dont fit there then my cross question is who did this mistake by buying and planning F 22P and same is with Azmat class Fast attack boats.....they lack also short range SAM RAM system .. such as FL.3000 N .....why navy planer are not aware of modern warfare....kija thori pi houti hai.....why they do not learn from history.....is'nt this BULLSHIT......what they do....!

your rants wont get you or the navy what you want for them.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom