What's new

Pakistan Navy | News & Discussions.

No serving as training ships ?
EB916455-662A-4A51-9BE2-FCA357FE8771.jpeg
00FE800F-2BFC-4313-862F-A8ABEDE9EC39.jpeg

Even though the Yarmooks. Are brand new, they should reconfigure it. The space behind the stacks that currently holds the Phalanx should be raised up so the it sits flush with the top of the stacks similar to how the batch 2 have. This will allow the Phalanx to to provide nearly 360 degrees coverage rather than the very small arc it currently.

With respect to the missile systems i would be surprised (pleasantly) if they can get RAM. I am under thr impression that given many of the Raytheon parts, Germany cant sell this without US permission. And while there may some US/Pakistan bonhomei lately, it wont last. That said it would solve many issues for Yarmooks giving it a 15km range missile with flexible intercept capabilities. Anywhere from 11 (sea RAM) to 21 missiles (standard launchers).

Beautiful ship this is...

btw folks i just visited Alreigh Class destroyer and Ticonderoga Class Cruiser... wow beautiful ships with VLS launchers beautifully put together.

Two U.S. Coast Guards ships visited Karachi, including fast response cutters USCGC Charles Moulthrope (WPC 1141) and USCGC Emlen Tunnell (WPC 1145) as part of an ongoing series of joint exercises and technical exchanges between U.S.

1665347898400.png

1665347931824.png

1- cheap
2- we operate them
3- they are modernised and carry the latest in mine countermeasure gear, from ROVs to the cutting edge of sonar for mine warfare
If they are very good why Netherland selling them in first place

If they are very good why Netherland selling them in first place

They're building new ships with Belgium. Just because something is retired, does not mean it is obselete. Europeans operate fundamentally differently wherein lifecycle cost is of more importance, therefore items that may be more expensive but have lower lifecycle costs are preferred, a new ship obviously is better for long term cost if you can afford the sunk cost

They're building new ships with Belgium. Just because something is retired, does not mean it is obselete. Europeans operate fundamentally differently wherein lifecycle cost is of more importance, therefore items that may be more expensive but have lower lifecycle costs are preferred, a new ship obviously is better for long term cost if you can afford the sunk cost
Agreed like it or not we have to pay more to keep it working because it has life but it needs medicine so why don't we pay that medicine cost along with ship cost Infront and make it available for running all the time

I doubt PN is going to induct these ships into operational use. Most probably they will be used as spare to support existing PN fleet

t
Agreed like it or not we have to pay more to keep it working because it has life but it needs medicine so why don't we pay that medicine cost along with ship cost Infront and make it available for running all the time
theyre probably in better condition than our own tbh, the europeans dont really use their equiptment like we do

The Anti Ship contender for future PN Ships :

The Coastal defense version is also available :

atmaca in its current form is a worse missile than harbah, harbah has far better ecm resistence, far better accuracy, longer range and also bigger warhead

t

theyre probably in better condition than our own tbh, the europeans dont really use their equiptment like we do

atmaca in its current form is a worse missile than harbah, harbah has far better ecm resistence, far better accuracy, longer range and also bigger warhead
Harbah is basically a Sea Babur.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom