What's new

Pakistan Navy | News & Discussions.

A huge cache of narcotics including 102.90 KGs Crystal & 171.15 KGs Heroine (value Rs 2740.5 M) was apprehended from a fishing vessel in a joint Counter Narcotics Ops by #PakNavy, PMSA & Pak Customs near Jiwani, Balochistan. The cache was handed over to Custom Authorities for FNA https://t.co/zOu10aP3Gq

PNS DACCA.jpg

@Quwa
@Bilal Khan (Quwa)
Do you think it would be possible to integrate Sky Dragon 50 on small navy ships in PN inventory. It could work in a similar manner to HQ-7. This would allow Corvettes, and possibly FACs to function in an air defense manner. This would make VLS unnecessary while giving sufficient air defense coverage well above PN capabilities to date (except Type 054A)

Crotale(HQ-7 is based off this)
569e04719d978353eadf969d12f697df.jpg

PLA-N-HHQ-7-Naval-Crotale-3S.jpg

Sky Dragon 50
Sky_Dragon_50_GAS2_Medium-Range_Surface-to-Air_defense_missile_system_China_Chinese_defense_industry_military_equipment_009.jpg

Sky Dragon 50 has longer, and wider tubes that would take some fitting but I think it would be possible.

Take the Zulfiqar class for example.
2018113003.jpg

If you could replace HQ-7 launcher with Sky Dragon 50, and IBIS 150/200 radar in place of designation on second row above island.

Type-345-Engagement-Radar-HL-HQ-7-1S.jpg

IBIS-150
CwuggO8XUAAZxdy.jpg

@Quwa
@Bilal Khan (Quwa)
Do you think it would be possible to integrate Sky Dragon 50 on small navy ships in PN inventory. It could work in a similar manner to HQ-7. This would allow Corvettes, and possibly FACs to function in an air defense manner. This would make VLS unnecessary while giving sufficient air defense coverage well above PN capabilities to date (except Type 054A)

Crotale(HQ-7 is based off this)
569e04719d978353eadf969d12f697df.jpg

PLA-N-HHQ-7-Naval-Crotale-3S.jpg

Sky Dragon 50
Sky_Dragon_50_GAS2_Medium-Range_Surface-to-Air_defense_missile_system_China_Chinese_defense_industry_military_equipment_009.jpg

Sky Dragon 50 has longer, and wider tubes that would take some fitting but I think it would be possible.

Take the Zulfiqar class for example.
2018113003.jpg

If you could replace HQ-7 launcher with Sky Dragon 50, and IBIS 150/200 radar in place of designation on second row above island.

Type-345-Engagement-Radar-HL-HQ-7-1S.jpg

IBIS-150
CwuggO8XUAAZxdy.jpg
It'd depend if there's enough room for the enlarged tubes. I think the PN would look for a compact pedestal-based SAM for its smaller ships (Damen Corvettes and FAC-M). If not RAM, then I think the Denel Cheetah C-RAM could work (the VLS can be installed on top).

It'd depend if there's enough room for the enlarged tubes. I think the PN would look for a compact pedestal-based SAM for its smaller ships (Damen Corvettes and FAC-M). If not RAM, then I think the Denel Cheetah C-RAM could work (the VLS can be installed on top).
That is true but most of these missiles you mentioned has short range, Sky Dragon 50 has 50km range so it would be a great alternative if it could work(HQ-16 has 40KM range). Reloading would be close to impossible though without heavy equipment.

It certaintly looks like there is enough space to widen outside carrier and space behind missile is enough also. This is a PLAN navy ship though so idk about PN ships.
221o5lq.jpg

Last edited:
The sky dragon 50 is likely too long and the tubes too wide for pedestal mounting on Ships like Damens. Same is probably true for replacing FM90 with them. Demensionally speaking, the appear at least 5m long. For the F-22P you either need a radical change (vls installation) or will need to field a PDMS style solution (ideally Panstir M). One other possibility for both the F-22p and especially for the Damen vessels would be something like TOR-m2km which would give them a vls system with 15km ranged missiles. Only thing I'm not clear on is how many missiles the system carries but it is able to be lashed to a deck so as the damens are meant to be OPVs first and corvettes in times of war, its temporary ability to be added and removed seems ideal.

Pakistan’s latest ship ‘Behr Masah’ to help find natural reserves in deep sea

Pak Navy's latest survey ship was built by China's Dajin Shipyard.
‘Behr Masah' is equipped with modern survey equipment that could help Pakistan develop its maritime sector.

Pakistan Navy commissioned on Monday survey ship ‘Behr Masah' in its naval fleet, enhancing the naval research and sailing capabilities of the Pakistan Navy.

Admiral Zafar Mahmood Abbasi was the guest of honour for the commissioning of new survey ship 'Behr Masah' in an event held in Karachi.

As per the Navy spokesperson, the research ship is equipped with modern survey equipment that will play an important role in the search of natural reserves in the maritime territories of the country

77022475_2316722788455406_4057195020275417088_o.jpg

74576722_2316722528455432_2813339712163414016_n.jpg

very good ship

we also need now a submarine recuse ship because we will soon have double digit submarines

also we need a weapons test and evaluation ship

both 3,000 tons each

I hope we are in talks with China for this types of ships

navy dont just need warships they need the full spectrum

I mean God forbid what kind of capabilities does Pakistan have when it comes to deep submarine rescue?

Back
Top Bottom