What's new

Pakistan Navy | News & Discussions.

Command & Staff Conference of Pakistan Navy held at NHQ. Matters related to Operational preparedness& prevailing security situation and training &welfare of troops were reviewed. Briefings on various ongoing&future projects and plans were also given to CNS https://t.co/gQMHO8Xzs1 https://t.co/xl1coXskYy

69703183_2419225275026098_3737122418016124928_o.jpg

https://www.defenseworld.net/news/2...ter_Commissioning_2_New_Warships#.XWqT0ShKhPY
May 18, 2019

Chinese Navy Retires 4 Destroyers Days After Commissioning 2 New Warships

chinadest_1558174099.jpg

Official media identified the decommissioned ships as the guided-missile destroyers Kaifeng (Hull 109), Dalian (Hull 110), Zunyi (Hull 134) and Guilin (Hull 164) All of the four destroyers had been in service for more than 30 years.

Pick up the 4 ships till type054 arrive

These 4 frigates are just parked in china just decommissioned in May 2019 , 2 months ago
p1745488_main.jpg

8cdcd43004dd19128ab703.jpg

Just send a delegate and purchase them for gawadar port
W020190516748596463582.jpg

Last edited:
https://www.defenseworld.net/news/2...ter_Commissioning_2_New_Warships#.XWqT0ShKhPY
May 18, 2019

Chinese Navy Retires 4 Destroyers Days After Commissioning 2 New Warships

chinadest_1558174099.jpg

Official media identified the decommissioned ships as the guided-missile destroyers Kaifeng (Hull 109), Dalian (Hull 110), Zunyi (Hull 134) and Guilin (Hull 164) All of the four destroyers had been in service for more than 30 years.

Pick up the 4 ships till type054 arrive

These 4 frigates are just parked in china just decommissioned in May 2019 , 2 months ago
p1745488_main.jpg

8cdcd43004dd19128ab703.jpg

Just send a delegate and purchase them for gawadar port
W020190516748596463582.jpg
Better to lease latest chinese destroyers not these junks

Possible Surface fleet of PN by 2025.
4 Type-54AP
4 F22 P
3 Ada class
3 Jinnah class
2 Damen class
1 OHP (PN is interested in surplus 3 more OHPs from USN stocks)

I think getting 3 Jinnah class AND 3 Ada will be too much of a tall task by 2025. Frankly, i think there wont be an Ada per se. With the models of PN MILGEM with a 12 cell VLS i think these will be the Jinnah class. I think initially PN was to do this in 2 stages but now I think they will just go for Jinnah from start.

As far as OHP go, i doubt this will happen. IF, they do want to get them however, i would say go for Adelaides instead. There are 3 remaining (the rest have been scuttled to make dive reefs). However the Adelaides have their MK13 launchers intact. The can be used for Harpoon or SM-2. They also have 8 cell Mk41s for essm. PN could install an i cell sylver A50 for Alamghir and try for either essm or sea-ceptor (CAMM). Then put them all through the GENESIS upgrade. They would be among the most potent ships in Arabian sea.

These ships are going to be like the battleships of WWII. Technology has changed but thinking has not.

If you build a simple UUV (unmanned submarine), a simple small vessel that can take a one way trip to India's major Western ports, you can arm them with 4x torpedoes and 4x mines. They would cause major havoc for the IN and keep them down and out during a war.

Similarly, if you invest in a squadron of JH-7As, they will sink Indian ships and threaten India's Southern Command. They will turn the Arabian Sea into a repeat of the Falklands War.

But these out of the box, innovative solutions that would utilize current technology paradigms will not be accepted. At the cost of losing the coming war, the PN will continue to buy overpriced boats that will be saturated with Brahmos cruise missile from range.

Maybe PN just wants to look pretty like a swan and then lie on the ocean floor. Their ego is too big or their minds are not contemporary enough to understand such solutions. @MastanKhan

These ships are going to be like the battleships of WWII. Technology has changed but thinking has not.
Which ships?
If you build a simple UUV (unmanned submarine), a simple small vessel that can take a one way trip to India's major Western ports, you can arm them with 4x torpedoes and 4x mines. They would cause major havoc for the IN and keep them down and out during a war
USVs tech has yet to mature.
And naval warfare is not about invading enemy naval yards with suicidal missions. Rather it will be idiotic to expect that enemy will keep its vessels in yards during time of crisis.
Similarly, if you invest in a squadron of JH-7As, they will sink Indian ships and threaten India's Southern Command. They will turn the Arabian Sea into a repeat of the Falklands War.
JH7-A has mammoth RCS, poor engines, outdated avionics, poor availability rate, poor sortie rate and are very maintenance demanding. On one side you are talking about 'innovative' ideas, on other side you are 'suggesting' to move in backward direction by procuring an outdated aircraft with limited efficiency?
But these out of the box, innovative solutions that would utilize current technology paradigms will not be accepted. At the cost of losing the coming war, the PN will continue to buy overpriced boats that will be saturated with Brahmos cruise missile from range.
Wao!
Maybe PN just wants to look pretty like a swan and then lie on the ocean floor. Their ego is too big or their minds are not contemporary enough to understand such solutions.
O bhai, who are you?

I think getting 3 Jinnah class AND 3 Ada will be too much of a tall task by 2025. Frankly, i think there wont be an Ada per se. With the models of PN MILGEM with a 12 cell VLS i think these will be the Jinnah class. I think initially PN was to do this in 2 stages but now I think they will just go for Jinnah from start.

As far as OHP go, i doubt this will happen. IF, they do want to get them however, i would say go for Adelaides instead. There are 3 remaining (the rest have been scuttled to make dive reefs). However the Adelaides have their MK13 launchers intact. The can be used for Harpoon or SM-2. They also have 8 cell Mk41s for essm. PN could install an i cell sylver A50 for Alamghir and try for either essm or sea-ceptor (CAMM). Then put them all through the GENESIS upgrade. They would be among the most potent ships in Arabian sea.

Sir PN already has one OHP butt as per specs available on net it is armed with old Harpoons along with only air defense available is CIWS. So including this ship even in operational fleet is a big joke until and unless properly armed. Your comments on sole OHP of PN are welcomed.

Back
Top Bottom