What's new

Pakistan Navy | News & Discussions.

It's important to showcase Chinese progress in the field of defence. They are our biggest supplier now.

Yes, China's current railgun can only be mounted onto a 10,000+ tons destroyer, but the newer improved models in the near future will be capable to fit into a much smaller frigate.

Pakistan can indeed take a share with it on the Type 054B.

Yes, China's current railgun can only be mounted onto a 10,000+ tons destroyer, but the newer improved models in the near future will be capable to fit into a much smaller frigate.

Pakistan can indeed take a share with it on the Type 054B.
I think an interesting application would be placing a rail gun at the lower deck of the ship. This way, it could (in theory) help a ship pierce the hull of another ship (old school parallel cannon cross-fire). But challenges are many, e.g. weight balancing, space constraints, etc. I don't think it could be a possibility until cannons are small and power efficient enough.

I think an interesting application would be placing a rail gun at the lower deck of the ship. This way, it could (in theory) help a ship pierce the hull of another ship (old school parallel cannon cross-fire). But challenges are many, e.g. weight balancing, space constraints, etc. I don't think it could be a possibility until cannons are small and power efficient enough.

So far it is only designed to place on the bow section of the ship and to replace the traditional naval gun.

BTW, we first need to see how it turns out when it is officially equipped by the Type 055A.

Wouldn't they need to come within LoS for that? With AShMs having an average range of 100km, that seems highly unlikely.

Wouldn't they need to come within LoS for that? With AShMs having an average range of 100km, that seems highly unlikely.
AShMs can damage ships, I'm talking about fracturing their hulls. Although line-of-sight, the velocity of a railgun can do just that.

The 'shell' of a railgun still follows a slight curved ballistic trajectory rather than a straight line, over a significant range. So the same shot can be taken regardless of the placement of the railgun.

The 'shell' of a railgun still follows a slight curved ballistic trajectory rather than a straight line, over a significant range. So the same shot can be taken regardless of the placement of the railgun.
What's the estimated range of the Chinese rail gun?

Special Operation Forces team Of #Saudi #Navy reached #Karachi to participate in joint Exercise with #Pakistan #SSG Navy @NavyTimes @NavyRecognition @khalid_pk @DefenderPak @arifreporter https://t.co/tnduojdtXP

#PakSaudi joint Naval exercises underway in Arabian sea https://t.co/Jg1z5rrt1N https://t.co/K6ACuB53Kl
IMG_20180206_112430.jpeg

Sorry guys. But can any one explain what is a railgu
A railgun is a device that uses electromagnetic force to launch high velocity projectiles, by means of a sliding armature that is accelerated along a pair of conductive rails.

Back
Top Bottom