What's new

Pakistan Naval Aviation - Updated

Looks very similar to the Sea Eagle interms of equipment fit - with i guess the differentiator being station-time due to a larger airframe. That may well be the point i guess.
The Sea Eagle is described as a MPA but it is definitely capable in Anti-submarine warfare. Going away are the days when MAD were really super important. The modern acoustic sensing suites make them redundant. That is why P-8s dont have them either (although Indias P-8I have them at special requests). That said with their advanced Acoustic suits and Maritime AESA radars, the sea sultan and sea eagle are really set up similarly to P-8 and should be quite capable sub hunters.

Do we know whether or not the sea sultans will be able to carry AShM? These carrying air launched Babur/Harba or even naval versions of would be very helpful. They would be even more helpful if they could launch CM-400 or CM-302/YJ-12.

Pakistani Naval special forces (SSGN) practicing fast-roping on a beach in Karachi,

1664732551933.png

The Sea Eagle is described as a MPA but it is definitely capable in Anti-submarine warfare. Going away are the days when MAD were really super important. The modern acoustic sensing suites make them redundant. That is why P-8s dont have them either (although Indias P-8I have them at special requests). That said with their advanced Acoustic suits and Maritime AESA radars, the sea sultan and sea eagle are really set up similarly to P-8 and should be quite capable sub hunters.

Do we know whether or not the sea sultans will be able to carry AShM? These carrying air launched Babur/Harba or even naval versions of would be very helpful. They would be even more helpful if they could launch CM-400 or CM-302/YJ-12.
I feel Pakistan must go for Swordfish system atleast half of the platforms of lineage 1000 along side sea eagle

Sea eagle and sword fish will complement each other and these swordfish from Swdeen will have better data sharing with Airforce's Saab erieye awacs

I feel Pakistan must go for Swordfish system atleast half of the platforms of lineage 1000 along side sea eagle

Sea eagle and sword fish will complement each other and these swordfish from Swdeen will have better data sharing with Airforce's Saab erieye awacs
Why would they go for swordfish? The swordfish literally has similar to comparable systems as sea eagle and sea sultan. The only difference is the sensors on one will be ericcson whereas the other are Leonardo. Why would they share better info with erieye? You are assuming this because they have the same manufacturer? If the sea eagle and sea sultan have same or comparable data link they will share info exactoy as effectively as the swordfish. You are asking for a redundant system which by all aspect is very similar to sea eagles.

Why would they go for swordfish? The swordfish literally has similar to comparable systems as sea eagle and sea sultan. The only difference is the sensors on one will be ericcson whereas the other are Leonardo. Why would they share better info with erieye? You are assuming this because they have the same manufacturer? If the sea eagle and sea sultan have same or comparable data link they will share info exactoy as effectively as the swordfish. You are asking for a redundant system which by all aspect is very similar to sea eagles.
Bro I don't think swordfish is superior to Leonardo just do some research

Bro I don't think swordfish is superior to Leonardo just do some research

swordfish uses cots sensors mainly from leonardo

These aircraft should be bought they can perform missions in most difficult weather's at sea atleast 3 of these will do world of good for PN

Indian navy was also and is interested in Japanese similar type aircraft

Back
Top Bottom