What's new

Pakistan must manufacture it's own heli

Main principle of helicopters have not changed , since it was created
What we lack is the engine , since in Pakistan , we have sold out our Auto Industry , and normally engine research and development is done in that sector.

Thats the disadvantage of freely allowing Chinese products in ur economy .........they will quote such a low price that ur industries will not survive competition...

Pakistan needs to do a lot of stuff.
You can't just invest a few billions and make a helicopter.It just isn't like that.
This kind of stuff starts from the roots,you invest in your countries security,education,healthcare,business,human development,better quality of life,industry,research and years of this funding ...

I agree but all of these needs funds and govt will get tax revenue from such activities. This project will start economic activity which will help Pakistan tremendously and will open doors for other activities insha-Allah.

Engineers > Auto Industry > Heavy Industry > Engines > High Performance Engines > Jet engines > Rocket technology / engines

How we went from phase 1 to rockets for our missiles but we do need every thing in between

We must work together with Turks and chines in this fields out both brothers can share alot experience with us :pakistan::china:

It will take time. It will require some experimenting to do. But we can make a Heli. If the army is ready to spend on it, we can make world class helis (although not Stealth) yet. .

It will take time. It will require some experimenting to do. But we can make a Heli. If the army is ready to spend on it, we can make world class helis (although not Stealth) yet. .

world class helis although not stealthy : lol wat does that mean

helicopters are expensive to operate. i am a big fan of A-10 .best option for.ground attack and comparativly less compalicated than a gunship.
pakistan should build something like the A10 with center mounted gattling gun.

[/COLOR]a modified beriev be 200 will be another good option. can be fitted with artillary cannons for ground attack.

For a moment I though you meant "Pakistan should manufacture its own Hell!" I thought we are all ready doing this diligently why this guy wants to focus on this job? Than I read you post more carefully and I realized it was "Heli" you wanted manufactured in addition to many other things that we do manage to produce in such difficult times ;-)

I agree with you but it is not a joke--we can start off by assembling some and than work our way to progressively localize the craft. The engine and avionics would remain a challenge.

IN MY OPINION THERE IS NO NEED FOR PAKISTAN GOING FOR HELI PRODUCTION.HELI IS NOT A VERY USEFUL WEAPON AGAINST ANY WELL EQUIPPED ENEMY.WE CAN GET COBRAS FROM USA N SPARES FOR THEIR MAINTENANCE.THEY ARE BEING UTILIZED IN LIC.AGAINST ANY TOUGH ENEMY HELI ISNT THAT MUCH SUCCESSFUL.EVEN TALIBANS HAVE SHOT DOWN OUR COUPLE OF COBRAS SO WHAT U CAN EXPECT BY PUTTING THEM UP AGAINST INDIA.INDIAN HELIS WILL ALSO SUFFER THE SAME FATE WHEN THEY WILL BROUGHT THEIR HELIS AGAINST OUR GROUND FORCES.THEY HAVE FUNDS N PILOTS FOR WASTAGE BUT WE DONT HAVE

IN MY OPINION THERE IS NO NEED FOR PAKISTAN GOING FOR HELI PRODUCTION.HELI IS NOT A VERY USEFUL WEAPON AGAINST ANY WELL EQUIPPED ENEMY.WE CAN GET COBRAS FROM USA N SPARES FOR THEIR MAINTENANCE.THEY ARE BEING UTILIZED IN LIC.AGAINST ANY TOUGH ENEMY HELI ISNT THAT MUCH SUCCESSFUL.EVEN TALIBANS HAVE SHOT DOWN OUR COUPLE OF COBRAS SO WHAT U CAN EXPECT BY PUTTING THEM UP AGAINST INDIA.INDIAN HELIS WILL ALSO SUFFER THE SAME FATE WHEN THEY WILL BROUGHT THEIR HELIS AGAINST OUR GROUND FORCES.THEY HAVE FUNDS N PILOTS FOR WASTAGE BUT WE DONT HAVE

Helicopters can be used against tanks.

n tanks have protection.12.5 is gud enough to keep helis at a distance.that's how talibans shot our helis.i m not saying that helis r completely useless .they have major role in LIC.in full scale conflict they r of little help.thats y pak shouldn't go for manufacturing helis.

n tanks have protection.12.5 is gud enough to keep helis at a distance.that's how talibans shot our helis.i m not saying that helis r completely useless .they have major role in LIC.in full scale conflict they r of little help.thats y pak shouldn't go for manufacturing helis.

A joint venture would be suitable for Pakistan. Might have to wait a while though.

First time I am hearing someone saying Helicopters are not important in large scale conflict.

Back
Top Bottom