What's new

Pakistan must manufacture it's own heli

Pakistan does manufacture the P-129.

@AZAD

Its damn difficult for a government to overcome the difficulties (read bribes ) by the import lobby..We had faced a lot of hurdles in India ( even now in case of Arjun ).. Unless a patriotic government comes into power , forget the independent auto sector..

Well I think Engine is not the issue ut the whole research infrastructure starting from basic Material sciences to aerodynamic design. Well you need to fix that before you start the project...JF 17 is your first baby step and you have a long way to go.

Umm
JF-17 research was done in China..F-22P are even made in China ..
Al Khalid is also derived from Chinese tanks.
So perhaps you can ask your chinese friends to transfer some helis..
They would be more than happy to do so

What you have made in your country................just changed the colors and labels russian origin things and calling them your own.

Well , constructing a full fledged Helicopter is not that difficult

The biggest component is "the engine "

All the electronics are already being made in China, which can be brought in easily via trade or via Pakistani companies (Private companies) who are also working on the UAV platform

It really is all about - investment is Pakistani Government willing to invest 100-200 Million dollars into a production line for a
Light multipurpose Helicopter that can carry 6-8 soliders or supplies

I mean its one thing to be getting Bell Helicopters for few millions here and there but we do need a proper helicopter

I am 100% sure that we can make the Bell helicopter skeletons, and even our industries can manufacture the parts for the rotors and electrical parts , we just need to really get some research done , to get a light helicopter up in air

Or we can get a licence production of a helicopter like China has done

chinese-lg.jpg

Well in Aeronautics engine is the heart... but you need to know the payload , MTOW and EMPTY weight ... so Air frame is also an important thing... Well you people have everything with Military background ... so procuring some Electronic suite is also must.. other wise ....

Engine and Electronics you can get from other countries but parallel work is necessary... but not the airframe... i guess you have to start from there... so start from CFC...

Pakistan should try to build its own heli. once Pakistan learns how to build it it wont need to buy helis from west or china.

Pakistan can see success stories of china and India; ZH 10 and LCH. i wish Pakistan best luck.

We don't neeed to pump money into defence research anymore ...its total waste . We know our armed forces cannot defend ourselves ... so there is no point in wasting money there . Focuis on education , health infrastructure development and civilian law enforcing agencies.

What you have made in your country................just changed the colors and labels russian origin things and calling them your own.

What have we not? Just prove what you have said.. And Anyways, Making a Helicopter isnt a Piece of Cake, It needs Quality Infrastructure and Tons of Money for R&D...

The better is to Partner it with some country, get the TOT learn it and Keep that as a Platform for further research...

How about this one? I think you guys will like this little helicopter... it was designed for a very specific task.

hiller_roe-1.jpg

xroe1.jpg

The Hiller Rotorcycle was designed to fold up and fit into a tube, so that it could be parachuted down to a downed pilot, who would then assemble it, and fly in style back to base! Or, imagine thousands of these, armed with machine guns... they'd be like a nest of angry wasps. Not practical, totally fan-boyish, but fun to think about.

I agree with the poster who said the engine is the hard part. Helicopters with piston engines can barely do any work. You need the power/weight of a modern gas turbine to get decent payloads, and gas turbine technology is very challenging.

i m quite amaze that why our defence analysts are not atarting the heli project with turkey or china

We need to manufacture something like this AH-6

800px-SAS_2010_AH-6.JPG

Heli like this is ideal for our needs, it use small Powerplant with 425 shp (317 kW) power We can get engine of that power from China.

Specs:
Capacity: 5 total
Maximum speed: 152 knots (175 mph, 282 km/h)
Cruise speed: 135 kn (155 mph, 250 km/h)
Range: 232 nmi (267 mi, 430 km)

Armament
Guns:
1× 30 mm (1.18 in) M230 Chain Gun; or
2× 12.7 mm (.50 cal) GAU-19; or
2× 7.62 mm (0.30 in) M134 Minigun

Rockets:
2× LAU-68D/A 7-tubes rocket pods firing 2.75 in (70 mm) Hydra 70 rocket projectiles
Missiles:
Anti-tank guided missile: 2× AGM-114 Hellfire

I think Turkey and Pakistan can cooperate in helicopter development programs. As you know that Turkey has opened many national defence programs for international partners. TF-2000, Infantry rifles, T-129 Atak and many more.

At current, Turkey has two different utility light helicopter development program. One is a program called Aricopter. The aim of this program is to collect all small/medium scale institutes that is able to produce high-tech materials for future utility/civilian helicopter programs of TAI. This program is on prototipe production phase...

1.jpg

Another one is a Civilian/Military Utility helicopter development program which has a weight of 5 tonnes. Most probably, Skorsky will also participate in this program to share the expertise for design/development When it is needed.

ozgun.jpg

In IDEF 2011, Azerbaijan officials signed an agreement with Turkish counterparts to join into development of 7.62mm Infantry rifle MPT and 105mm Ligh Howitzer programs. I think It is just a matter of desicion to join into Turkish helicopter development programs for Pakistan as well. Cooperating, Exchanging technology when It is needed in such areas are a prohibition for us If We call eachother like Brothers...

the best option for pak is to join this new utility chopper program of Turkey

it will cost us less around 50-100millions USD at max and after few years we can also arm it with weapons like india did to their DHRUV

and as we know attack heli are expansive to develop and also take much time

so first start with utility chopper

Back
Top Bottom