What's new

Pakistan minimum wage increased from Rs 10,000 to Rs 12,000.

Many people in Pakistan live off very low wages. 220 rupees in tax is nothing. It's like 7 rupees a day. Make it 1% if you will, 3.5 rupees a day. I used to pay 10-15%.

The gov't can use the money to improve quality of life or public transportation or offer free education. The 3.5 rupees can do little to man for his day, but collectively, it can do a lot good with the help of gov't.
yeah but 220 rupee could provide meal for the day instead of going in corrupt governments pocket.
they should stick to the 400k plus rule.

True it is a days roti, but if there are a million poor Pakistanis, that's $1m in taxes gov't collects every month. Can you imagine what $1m can do every single month vs a days roti for a poor person?

$12mlln is really nothing. Not even close to aggravating millions of poor. You're thinking about the revenue and ignoring its tradeoffs

We're a small population nation with only a few billionares, yet we can afford F-35s, because power of small tax collection by large numbers of poor people like me.

Yeah, you have no idea what you're talking about

If you want to know how poor I'm, well, i can't afford my phone bill.
Maybe you should use your phone more conservatively

The amount I paid could help me eat in a restaurant for a 2-4 weeks! Yes I'd not be feeding family, just myself.

Small amount makes large amount. The elite here also pay no tax, they've off shore accounts. The elites will always run away. This doesn't mean we close our hands and not ask for a % of tax from poor.

True it is a days roti, but if there are a million poor Pakistanis, that's $1m in taxes gov't collects every month. Can you imagine what $1m can do every single month vs a days roti for a poor person?

I agree rich should be taxed, but so shall be poor. Because there are always 'poorer,' so where do we stop with tax collection? It's just my media and it's what I've learned in west and have come to accept. I used to cry foul over tax I paid but when I multiply it with how much gov't gets, I can picture what gov't can do with such large amount.

We're a small population nation with only a few billionares, yet we can afford F-35s, because power of small tax collection by large numbers of poor people like me.

If you want to know how poor I'm, well, i can't afford my phone bill.
i wish they start taxing us overseas pakistanis i would gladly pay just as along i get a legit receipt and stuff and my money actually goes to the government instead of corrupt politicians.

Pakistan minimum wage increased from Rs 10,000 to Rs 12,000.

Good news i guess.
Huh go tell the Bald Brother to survive the entire month in 12000 along with their wives and children and manage every single thing out of this...
Its impossible. I barely buy three dresses and the amount reaches 15000 ..and they tell an entire family to manage a month in freaking 12000..
I see the Sharifs have always been thrifty in terms of increasing wages of labor and govt servants.

Atleast 25000 should be the minimum wage for labor:mad:

i wish they start taxing us overseas pakistanis i would gladly pay just as along i get a legit receipt and stuff and my money actually goes to the government instead of corrupt politicians.

What's the difference?!

Its impossible. I barely buy three dresses and the amount reaches 15000 ..and they tell an entire family to manage a month in freaking 12000..

Poor people don't buy 5,000 rupee dresses every month. What an ignorant comparison.

Atleast 25000 should be the minimum wage for labor:mad:

We should a require a basic understanding of economics to post in threads like these.

Hm, still they should charge, like 2%. I used to make very little money but still paid tax.

Wtf iss mei se bhi nikal do tou bacha kya. Ghreeb k bara hazaar per hi nazar rakhna pehlay jaa k un mehlon or mercedes walo se kaho tax dein :mad:

yeah but 220 rupee could provide meal for the day instead of going in corrupt governments pocket.
they should stick to the 400k plus rule.
In that case, no one, even the rich, should pay tax, if our excuse is it'll go to corrupt gov't. And who elected this corrupt gov't? The same people.
$12mlln is really nothing. Not even close to aggravating millions of poor. You're thinking about the revenue and ignoring its tradeoffs

Is only 1m pakistani living off 12000 rupees a month? Mine was just an example. $12m, just off a million people, can be used to rent PIA aircraft. Like 5 a320 every month, which can generate further revenue or tax. Or it can be used to open 120 schools. Remember, this is just 1% off only 1 million people.

Yeah, you have no idea what you're talking about

Seems to me you don't know what to talk about, hence putting up that comment.

Maybe you should use your phone more conservatively

I live happily in Canada, enjoy my world class education, from top 20 world university and pay handsome amount of tax. What do you do? Where do you live again?

Wtf iss mei se bhi nikal do tou bacha kya. Ghreeb k bara hazaar per hi nazar rakhna pehlay jaa k un mehlon or mercedes walo se kaho tax dein :mad:
It's my opinion. If I was a poor Pakistani, I would glady pay 1% for the greater good. I'll sacrifice one day's of roti for the betterment of nation.

You can have different opinion and choose to keep your day's roti, which is selfish to say.

Impossible. Rather keep it to yourself ..make some zakat and hand it out to needy yourself. Because through govt the only needy getting the money will be the Govt itself

I live happily in Canada, enjoy my world class education, from top 20 world university and pay handsome amount of tax. What do you do? Where do you live again?

Ah! That clarifies how poor you are and your attitude towards taxing the Pakistan's poor as well.

In that case, no one, even the rich, should pay tax, if our excuse is it'll go to corrupt gov't. And who elected this corrupt gov't? The same people.

Is only 1m pakistani living off 12000 rupees a month? Mine was just an example. $12m, just off a million people, can be used to rent PIA aircraft. Like 5 a320 every month, which can generate further revenue or tax. Or it can be used to open 120 schools. Remember, this is just 1% off only 1 million people.

Seems to me you don't know what to talk about, hence putting up that comment.

It's my opinion. If I was a poor Pakistani, I would glady pay 1% for the greater good. I'll sacrifice one day's of roti for the betterment of nation.

You can have different opinion and choose to keep your day's roti, which is selfish to say.

Yeah dude give off tax when you know it is only gonna buy a lexus for the primeministers son in laws chachas daughters firsts son!
Id rather keep my roti or share it with someone who cant afford it at grass root level..
You pay your tax its a good thing.. you ain't in Pakistan good for you but here's a fact.Whats right for one isn't necessarily right for others. The rich people ought to give tax..fyi Pakistan is islamic nation Islam doesn't allow seeking tax from those who barely afford one days meal for ten people. It seeks zakat from those who have enough! So yeah we'll ask poor people for tax when the richer ones give it. And fyi most of our system is auto taxed pays are received by workers after govt deducts the tax and islamic shariah sets the limit above or below which people will pay tax or not you have no say in it.

Ah! That clarifies how poor you are and your attitude towards taxing the Pakistan's poor as well.
Ah, you ran out of your words to counter my argument?

The gov't pays a hefty amount of my tuition. An international student pays 5 times of what I pay. The gov't gives me money if I show them I'm student and I take public transportation. So in a way, the taxes collected by me and many others are helping everyone out. We've roads, we have transportation. True that I'm poor, but the gov't has allowed a poor student to be able to study at a university many Pakistanis can dream of. To be able to ride in public transportation that is better than an old private mehran. I pay a fourth of regular amount because the gov't has given subsidy.

We pay collective tax here and it has allowed me to live happily whilist being poor. I don't mind paying even 25% tax.

Need say more? Or will you come back with more attitude?

Yeah dude give off tax when you know it is only gonna buy a lexus for the primeministers son in laws chachas daughters firsts son!
Id rather keep my roti or share it with someone who cant afford it at grass root level..
You pay your tax its a good thing.. you ain't in Pakistan good for you but here's a fact.Whats right for one isn't necessarily right for others. The rich people ought to give tax..fyi Pakistan is islamic nation Islam doesn't allow seeking tax from those who barely afford one days meal for ten people. It seeks zakat from those who have enough! So yeah we'll ask poor people for tax when the richer ones give it. And fyi most of our system is auto taxed pays are received by workers after govt deducts the tax and islamic shariah sets the limit above or below which people will pay tax or not you have no say in it.
Yes I agree that they've to spend their money lavishly, which is wrong. But if that is to say, why do we complain of rich not paying tax? If we live in this world where gov't is corrupt, we all stop paying tax? Corruption is everywhere, even in west, in India. But we still see infastructures being made. India is improving its railway, we're purchasing new aircrafts. These are costly. If we simply say the gov't is corrupt and will get mercedes with my money, I'd not pay a dime.

If I was in Pakistan, I would pay every penny of my tax happily. My parents used to pay tax, so there is no doubt. Because I know there are people like me, who dsipite agreeing that gov't is corrupt, continue to pay tax and so we can see motorways being made, airport improvement, transportation so forth. People like me have made a small river flowing and if we all come together, we will create an ocean.

Last edited:
Ah, you ran out of your words to counter my argument?

The gov't pays a hefty amount of my tuition. An international student pays 5 times of what I pay. The gov't gives me money if I show them I'm student and I take public transportation. So in a way, the taxes collected by me and many others are helping everyone out. We've roads, we have transportation. True that I'm poor, but the gov't has allowed a poor student to be able to study at a university many Pakistanis can dream of. To be able to ride in public transportation that is better than an old private mehran. I pay a fourth of regular amount because the gov't has given subsidy.

We pay collective tax here and it has allowed me to live happily whilist being poor. I don't mind paying even 25% tax.

Need say more? Or will you come back with more attitude?

Your argument would be valid if Pakistan were the same as Canada. You make these idealized statements bearing really no knowledge of Pakistan.

You actually think the government of Pakistan works for the people of Pakistan. Anyone with any knowhow of the country would laugh at that heartily!

What's the difference?!

Poor people don't buy 5,000 rupee dresses every month. What an ignorant comparison.

We should a require a basic understanding of economics to post in threads like these.

I dont give a damn about economics, id rather want people to have adequate money to lead a life at least what we can regard as human. And the comparison was just an example of inflation. If a good earing perosn has to shunt so much money for some clothes dont forget the poor one wont be able to afford a single cheap meter of cotton.
And who are you again? If you are a someone of adequate authority to prevent me fron posting or viewing this thread then do it ,if not keep your lame sarcasm to yourself :rolleyes:

I dont give a damn about economics, id rather want people to have adequate money to lead a life at least what we can regard as human. And the comparison was just an example of inflation. If a good earing perosn has to shunt so much money for some clothes dont forget the poor one wont be able to afford a single cheap meter of cotton.
And who are you again? If you are a someone of adequate authority to prevent me fron posting or viewing this thread then do it ,if not keep your lame sarcasm to yourself :rolleyes:

That's really the problem with the Pakistani mindset. We want all the good things but don't really care about where it all comes from.

Your argument would be valid if Pakistan were the same as Canada. You make these idealized statements bearing really no knowledge of Pakistan.

You actually think the government of Pakistan works for the people of Pakistan. Anyone with any knowhow of the country would laugh at that heartily!
I have extensive knowledge. I've lived there. I'm here to pursue good education and I'll return to my roots then.

I don't consider every single branch, every single employee to be corrupt. I don't think it's wise to cry afoul of rich not paying tax and when it comes to poor people, we hide our tax behind the reason that gov't is corrupt. All gov't are corrupt. The American gov't has heavy hands with military industry and oil industries. But people pay tax. They go to adventure war without consent of public opinion (Iraq and Britian), yet every one contributes their fare share.

Now are we discussing that whether we should pay tax at all because gov't is corrupt or is 1% too much for poor Pakistanis?

Back
Top Bottom